Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Porsche 996 GT3 RS vs, Nissan GT-R on Nordschleife

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2008, 11:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i wouldnt necessarily call porsche gt3 rs overpriced, overated, underperforming car though. GTR =perfomance, Porsche = Look+ChickMagnet IMO.
Old Oct 26, 2008, 04:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by South Side Evo
I would choose the GTR any day then waste time with an overpriced, overated, under performing Porsche.
ignorance
Old Oct 26, 2008, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sblvro
the porsche would have been left for dead where it not for the 'ring traffic(especially the "slow" bmw at 7:20). the gtr driver was obviously faster.
seriously - every corner exit belonged to the nissan. then traffic would slow things down, allowing the porsche to catch up. then the nissan would put such a gap in very little time. lather, rinse, repeat - get stuck in traffic, then just run away again, every time; it demonstrates that these two cars aren't in the same class.

Last edited by CleverUserName; Oct 27, 2008 at 11:53 AM.
Old Oct 26, 2008, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I would choose the GTR any day then waste time with an overpriced, overated, under performing Porsche.
Old Oct 26, 2008, 10:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by legal-z
ignorance
The only ignorance here are from Porsche fanboys.

I can say this, because i have owned Porsches before, as well as fielded several track only road race machines. There isn't any illusions of what a Porsche is on my end.

Again, they are nothing but overpriced, overrated, and under performing pieces of metal. Just look at the Porsche Turbo at 130k. That thing handles like a POS. Lets look at the price of the GT3 RS. This thing does a little better on handling, but look at the price. Give me a break. Sure, you can pump a ton of money into it to get it to perform better, but you can do this with any car. So my statement still stands

As for Porsche's getting chicks. Think again. Lambo's and Ferrari's get chicks. Porsches get middle age house wives, fanboys, and mid-life crisis old men that has a little more money.

Last edited by South Side Evo; Oct 26, 2008 at 10:32 PM.
Old Oct 26, 2008, 11:46 PM
Evolved Member

I can say this, because i have owned Porsches before, as well as fielded several track only road race machines. There isn't any illusions of what a Porsche is on my end.

Again, they are nothing but overpriced, overrated, and under performing pieces of metal. Just look at the Porsche Turbo at 130k. That thing handles like a POS. Lets look at the price of the GT3 RS. This thing does a little better on handling, but look at the price. Give me a break. Sure, you can pump a ton of money into it to get it to perform better, but you can do this with any car. So my statement still stands

As for Porsche's getting chicks. Think again. Lambo's and Ferrari's get chicks. Porsches get middle age house wives, fanboys, and mid-life crisis old men that has a little more money.
Wow. . FYI My pops has a 997 turbo, and owned 2 turbo's before this one. The cars are flat out bad ***, period. Yeah they have softened up the 997 a little bit but to say it handles like a POS is like saying my next door neighbor's Buick handles like it's on rails. And no you're statement does not stand, as a matter of fact just read up every review on any GT3, 997T and I'll bet you'd be REALLY hard pressed to find anything remotely accurate to the statement you just made buddy (handles like a POS in case you forgot). Oh, and yes I also know from first-hand experience . Let's not even bring Porsche's racing history/heritage into this cause that will leave you looking quite dumb (since they handle like a POS, sorry had to say it again).

P.S. Don't know what part of the world you live in but over here, when I take out my pops Porsche, it's a damn panty-dropper (honks, waves, winks, girls screaming out the window and all).

Last edited by SRT-TO-EVO; Oct 27, 2008 at 12:14 AM.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 12:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by letMeIn
If I had to choose between Euro Porsche GT3 Rs and a GTR ???? GT3 Rs hands down ...
You took the words right outta my mouth. I don't care if the Nissan cleans it's clock...I'd take the keys to the RS without skipping a beat. Well, since we're talking about a $160k car, I imagine if I could afford it, I could afford the customer race car version of it, and that's the one I'd take. Stripped interior,all the FIA safety equipment, better suspension, and the kicker~ a sequential transmission.
I'd buy that as my track car, and then for the street, I'd buy the Cayman RS copy-cat . It'd be too much for the neighbors if you owned two versions of the same car, so you gotta mix it up a little
Back to reality...
Old Oct 27, 2008, 12:18 AM
Evolved Member

Please.. I enduranced raced a 911 GT2, and the car flat out handled it's 600hp better than any other 2,000 pound, 600 hp car I've ver driven. My first time in it was on the big track at Willow, at night, and it turned an hour of consistent 1.22's.
Looks to me more like like a Porsche pooped in your Wheaties at some point. If you were unbiased, you simply say you thought they don't handle well. You'd leave the crack-backs about the white hairs out of it. You failed
Old Oct 27, 2008, 12:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fastkevin
Please.. I enduranced raced a 911 GT2, and the car flat out handled it's 600hp better than any other 2,000 pound, 600 hp car I've ver driven. My first time in it was on the big track at Willow, at night, and it turned an hour of consistent 1.22's.
Looks to me more like like a Porsche pooped in your Wheaties at some point. If you were unbiased, you simply say you thought they don't handle well. You'd leave the crack-backs about the white hairs out of it. You failed
LOL!! I almost spit out my drink reading this HAHA!
Old Oct 27, 2008, 12:50 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
south side evo and fastkevin time to show your tracked porsche including you srt 2 evo or fail!
Old Oct 27, 2008, 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
yeh, I like handling in my Evo better than my Enzo.

Remember Gran Turismo aint real ...

Originally Posted by fastkevin
Old Oct 27, 2008, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sblvro
south side evo and fastkevin time to show your tracked porsche including you srt 2 evo or fail!
My dad's car is stock but I'll post some up give me a sec.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

honestly, i love all cars. but the GTR just has so much more presence than the porsches. same thing with the ZO6, as both are physically large and have such visual impact. when you combine that there are less expensive GTs that are much more impressive in a physical stature and a performance perspective, it's easy to understand why there are a lot of enthusiasts that aren't very enthused about any of the porsches at the same price point.

plus, when you are a gameless wonder like me, even rolling up in an F430 won't help.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

Here they are........

Old Oct 27, 2008, 01:30 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^for a sec I thought I was at 6speedonline instead of evom. nice turbo

Quick Reply: Porsche 996 GT3 RS vs, Nissan GT-R on Nordschleife