Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

C6 Z06..........Getting Supercharged.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2008, 09:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rez90
The only ZR1 that i know of that sold in jersey went for $50k over sticker ($155k) and from what i understand it was preordered a WHILE before the owner got it.

I paid under $70k for my car so you can understand the reality that the ZR1 is basically twice the cost of the Z06.

All of the above responses are also totally correct as far as timing, aftermarket, and the fact that the ZR1 makes roughly 530whp while the Z06 with the SC is going to make well over 600whp.......

Hope that answers the question.

The biggest reality to this whole thing is that there's NO WAY I CAN AFFORD A ZR1......lol
and you forgot another +, modding is more fun
Old Nov 7, 2008, 07:35 AM
Evolved Member

Parts are on. Getting tuned today. Picking her up tonight.

Joy
Old Nov 7, 2008, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Parts are on. Getting tuned today. Picking her up tonight.

Joy
someones going to have a hell of alot of fun tonight!!!
Old Nov 7, 2008, 07:54 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
Because a Z06 can be purchased for $60k and a ZR1 will cost you above $100000. The ZR1 is a better car but a Z06 with simple bolt ons will do better on the power to weight department and will cost much less to maintain(insurance gas,maintenance).

A ZR1 is in a different league, you have to really have some money to have a ZR1, in contrast the Z06 used market is affordable and atractive. There are gazillion upgrades for the Z06 while the ZR1 doesn't have the support yet (but soon will).

It is easy to say, why don't you just get the ZR1? but is not like that, there are many other things to consider.

my .2c

Carlos

Not entirely true. ARH makes headers for it and vette doctors have already installed a set or two and tuned a zr1. Made 598 whp with headers and a tune. Stock catback and all. Some one over seas is claiming to have made a pulley and what not for it and with full exhaust, pulley, and a tune they are claiming right at 800 whp. Although that is yet to verified. There are some after market for the car so the car does have SOME aftermarket support, gotta remember that motor is based of off the previous years z06 block, hehe big cam and heads with a pulley and exhaust makes me wanna wet my pants.

haha still miss my evo although my z06 is fun.
Old Nov 7, 2008, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Got a call from ECS. Car made 615wheel.

Joygasm.
Old Nov 7, 2008, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

Joygasm.
Nice Joel, niceeeee..

I need a ride or two when I get home

Scorke
Old Nov 7, 2008, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Joygasm.
Son of a gun!!! Congrats. Now you just need to relearn how to drive the car(not easy if you ask me).

ABSOLUTELY DON'T MISS Dec 08 car and driver comparo: Z51 vs Z06 vs ZR1. They tested absolutely everything

Carlos
Old Nov 7, 2008, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

Well. Got the car back. and it's a RWD party. 1st gear is totally useless. 2nd is mostly useless.

Car made 612/610wheel on a dynapack.

But it's all good.

Here's some pics taken with my phone.

Comments welcome.
Old Nov 7, 2008, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

awesome license plate; Carlos will think it's hilarious
Old Nov 7, 2008, 06:24 PM
Evolving Member

Congrats!!!!!!!!! Awesome numbers! Enjoy and be safe up in the Garden!
Old Nov 7, 2008, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by whitersevo
awesome license plate; Carlos will think it's hilarious
LOL, you guys crack me up!!! that was some funny $hit. In a serious note, what a original license plate, I never thought about that but I can tell you it is funny and original as hell. I helped Joel with the decision of the Z06 and also with the decision of the mods, I think he is happy..

Carlos

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; Nov 7, 2008 at 06:37 PM.
Old Nov 7, 2008, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

It's all in good fun. If i were ever to be able to afford another "play" car........it'd be a GTR.

And the licence plate on that would be Z06THIS.......
Old Nov 7, 2008, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
WoW!
Old Nov 7, 2008, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Joel,

You numbers are absolutely absurdy and sick. You know very well that I went through my mod route in August but after all I wasn't convinced on my set-up(specially with the cam choice). Your numbers totally eclipsed my N/A modding path.. 612whp and 610lb-tq? that is Nuts!
We are all very happy for you, next step is some Michelins PS2 or Nittos Invos, you will need some 345 rubber in the back. How much boost are you running? about 6psi?

Can you describe how does it pull when you do a roll acceleration from 60mph and up (HWY pull).

Carlos

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; Nov 7, 2008 at 07:02 PM.
Old Nov 7, 2008, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
Joel,

You numbers are absolutely absurdy and sick. You know very well that I went through my mod route in August but after all I wasn't convinced on my set-up. Your numbers totally eclipsed my N/A modding path.. 612whp and 610lb-tq? that is Nuts!
We are all very happy for you, next step is some Michelins PS2 or Nittos Invos, you will need some 345 rubber in the back. How much boost are you running? about 6psi?

Can you describe how does it pull when you do a roll acceleration from 60mph and up (HWY pull).

Carlos
I did go back and fourth between the N/A and FI options.

essentially what i wanted in the end is a drivable/streetable car. I know i may get crap for this, but my wife loves the car as well and also loves to drive it.....and personally, i love the fact that she does also. Hell, if it wasn't for her, i wouldn't have the car in the first place. I knew if i got a rough cam she woudln't want to drive it anymore. and plus....i'm not a fan anymore of finniky cars. I dealt with that enough with the evo.

The car is running just above 6psi at redline. I will probably get a set of INVO's in the spring although there is a rumor Kumho is coming out with a tire for the Z that is supposed to be excellent............we'll see how that turns out.

Well..........from 60.............it's exceptionally fast. 3rd is over quick............shift.............you're doing 150..........

and you realize you're doing 150 and hit the brakes in fear of getting arrested.

Quick Reply: C6 Z06..........Getting Supercharged.