Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Nissan GT-R tested by Jeremy Clarkson - Thriller DVD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2008, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hova00
Clarkson is the best at what he does. He drives cars hard and tells you the truth about them. In America you would never find a auto show as good as TOP GEAR
I couldnt agree more hes just awesome!
Old Nov 6, 2008, 12:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He was saying it was boring to drive because he couldnt pitch it sideways. Thats what I got out of it. That car is designed to not get sideways...so...I dont see the gripe. If you want to haul more a$$ than J-LO then the GTR is for you. If you want to slide all over the place and go through tires like a drifter then buy something else.

And just because HE couldnt get it sideways in the few hours he had the car doesnt mean no one can. Ive seen some pretty sick videos of this car stepping wayyyy out and then it just comes right back into line. If you ask me this car is pretty awesome.
Old Nov 6, 2008, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ripnbst
He was saying it was boring to drive because he couldnt pitch it sideways. Thats what I got out of it. That car is designed to not get sideways...so...I dont see the gripe. If you want to haul more a$$ than J-LO then the GTR is for you. If you want to slide all over the place and go through tires like a drifter then buy something else.

And just because HE couldnt get it sideways in the few hours he had the car doesnt mean no one can. Ive seen some pretty sick videos of this car stepping wayyyy out and then it just comes right back into line. If you ask me this car is pretty awesome.
I didn't get that from him at all... The fact that the car is so perfect with all the computer corrections CAN take away from the experience as well as true driver input, and involvement. I will agree with you on the go fast thing, because it is faaasst, but that doesn't mean your going to have the most fun getting there and that is exactly why I thought the boeing statement fits perfect