Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Ferrari Owners Here.... Got a Few Questions...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2008, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ferrari Owners Here.... Got a Few Questions...

1. F360 Modena or F355 Spyder?

2. If I am to go for an F360 Modena, what are some good things and bad things you see with this car?

3. Is it true that the F355 would perform better in the circuit than a 360 Modena?

4. If you own either a 360 Modena or a 355 Spyder, what are some tips you could share?
Old Dec 2, 2008, 11:29 AM

My opinion (which is based on all my years of non-ownership) is that F360 Modena is a better car?
Old Dec 2, 2008, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

This is a Mitsubishi forum buddy. Don't think you are gonna find many Ferrari owners here...

Try Fchat or 6Speedonline.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

IMO the Modena will kill the F355 Spyder around the track. More HP, better chassis, better aero, overall a better Ferrari.

Last edited by Kurt; Dec 2, 2008 at 12:01 PM.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 11:58 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think it's right to jump down his throat like that. He's posting in the correct section and asking for information. There are Ferrari owners out there that also have built Evos for a track car and what not. They are few and far between... but they exist. Hopefully one day I will be so lucky
Old Dec 2, 2008, 12:01 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by 201Motorsports
I don't think it's right to jump down his throat like that. He's posting in the correct section and asking for information.
You are right and it better not happen again.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 12:06 PM
Evolving Member

while i haven't owned a ferrari in quite some time, i did recently research this issue. first, the 360 is light years ahead of the 355, although i think i like the looks of the 355 better. the 360 will crush the 355 in every aspect of performance. that said, the maintenance costs on a 360 will be much higher than the 355.
my one recommendation would be that you avoid the f1 transmission if you are an experienced driver as you have to replace the clutch every 5-7k miles, whereas a properly driven traditional manual should last the entire period between major services, which is 15k miles.
finally, MAKE SURE the car you purchase has service records. do not purchase one without them. also, if you buy a car with records that needs to be serviced, make sure you take into account the cost when negotiating price. i believe a 15k mile service on a 360 will run $4k or more if done properly by a qualified shop, and that's without replacing the clutch.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TheBlueBlur
This is a Mitsubishi forum buddy. Don't think you are gonna find many Ferrari owners here...

Try Fchat or 6Speedonline.
I think I am posting at the "Other Cars" section and I am guessing also that some Evo owners here got Ferraris too. Also, I am too lazy to open another forum account.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by legal-z
while i haven't owned a ferrari in quite some time, i did recently research this issue. first, the 360 is light years ahead of the 355, although i think i like the looks of the 355 better. the 360 will crush the 355 in every aspect of performance. that said, the maintenance costs on a 360 will be much higher than the 355.
my one recommendation would be that you avoid the f1 transmission if you are an experienced driver as you have to replace the clutch every 5-7k miles, whereas a properly driven traditional manual should last the entire period between major services, which is 15k miles.
finally, MAKE SURE the car you purchase has service records. do not purchase one without them. also, if you buy a car with records that needs to be serviced, make sure you take into account the cost when negotiating price. i believe a 15k mile service on a 360 will run $4k or more if done properly by a qualified shop, and that's without replacing the clutch.
Hmmmmm.... so you would recommend the regular manual tranny than the one with paddle shifts. I am planning to purchase the Ferrari after I pay-off the GTR, so I am hoping that someone would give me a good offer by that time, but of course, its time to set my budget and spendings too. I am planning too on a regular tranny modena. Though I really love the F360 Spyder. Tnx for the advice!
Old Dec 2, 2008, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You are one lucky person to be able to own such nice vehicles.

Personally, I've always wanted a 360 Modena since I first saw one in Road and Track. I think it looks amazing, sounds terrific (lucky enough to have heard one in person), and it is known to be a well performing Ferrari with proper engine placement. So if I were lucky enough to be you, this would hardly be a descison at all for me.

Again, the above is almost all a result of personal preference/bias, not hard facts research and whatnot.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

The F1 tranny that comes in the 355 is garbage, although the F1 tranny that comes in the 360 is way better with all the bugs fixed.

Make sure it was serviced by a Ferrari dealer because when u want to resale it no one will want to buy it with no service history.

355 requires the engine to be removed for a oil change, the 360 does not.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Get the F430 scuderia, that comes with the pu$$y package, basically it guaranty you get lay plus it also guaranty you outperform 99% of the cars in the streets.

The F355 is a little old in my opinion, it is more like show than go. For that price range I think I would rather get a used 911 Turbo.

Carlos
Old Dec 2, 2008, 08:48 PM
Former Sponsor

I would go with a 99 355 GTS f1 While it might not be up to the challenge of beating a 360 on a track, it is my all time favorite car so no matter what i can not vote against it.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 08:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dave_evolvix
You are one lucky person to be able to own such nice vehicles.

Personally, I've always wanted a 360 Modena since I first saw one in Road and Track. I think it looks amazing, sounds terrific (lucky enough to have heard one in person), and it is known to be a well performing Ferrari with proper engine placement. So if I were lucky enough to be you, this would hardly be a descison at all for me.

Again, the above is almost all a result of personal preference/bias, not hard facts research and whatnot.

he lives in the Philippines....cars like the GT-R are nothing there...

musta na pare? LOL
Old Dec 2, 2008, 11:46 PM
Evolving Member

I like the looks of the 355 but I was able to beat the pants off one with my old Evo. Ferrari of Washington is just down the street from here and I used to embarass a few Ferrari owners on RT28 from time to time. I say get the 360 if your after the performance. But really you have to step up to the Scuderia if you want real performance.

Quick Reply: Ferrari Owners Here.... Got a Few Questions...