Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

honda crx mitsu power

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2008 | 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

Thumbs up honda crx mitsu power

ok so a kid came to my shop and asked me if i could place a 4g63t cyclone in his 1991 honda crx si and i said no problem. tell me what you this of this...yes i know that buschur racing sponsored a shop who did this but it was a full out race car...and i would waste his time and ask him about it. so the build is going as planed and basically it will be a street/fun car for the kid. so he wants me to build the crx like it came from the factory with the 4g63. so i am completely rewiring the entire car. from tail lights to fog lights. on the out side it will look like a honda crx stock...well minus what i have to do to the hood. inside the engine bay it will be the 1g 6 bolt cyclone 4g63t. inside the cabin, i will fab a gauge cluster with speed, rpm, coolant temp, boost, afr, oil pressure, oil temp. fuel lvl as well. the kid and i have been thinkin about a full tube front end but it goes against the whole reason he wanted done. tell me your opinion and what you think and f you have already done this any more info would be great.
Old Dec 5, 2008 | 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

Drop the cyclone intake manifold for a normal USDM version. The cyclone is more complex, doesn't make any more power, and is a PITA to install if you don't have every single one of the required vac canisters. Trust me, I had one on my 2g.
Old Dec 5, 2008 | 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

Take a look at this

http://www.drasticvisions.com/site/m...allery/album40

Its not a CRX but its a EG hatch.
Old Dec 6, 2008 | 11:52 AM
Evolving Member

He didn't want a K20A engine with a turbo?
Old Dec 6, 2008 | 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

Why a cyclone? Why not just a 6 bolt? I don't understand why you would go with something that is so rare (hard to acquire repair parts for) when it won't be of any true extra benifit. Better low end torque compared to a standard 6 bolt? Give me a break. If he's driving a Honda right now, a non-turbo 4G63 from a 1G will feel like a torque monster.
Old Dec 6, 2008 | 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

I know there was one in chicago area with that swap and full awd conversion.. buddy had pics of it.. one hell of car that would be..
Old Dec 6, 2008 | 07:59 PM

There is a guy on one of the local forums that I'am on and he has an AWD 6Bolt Ek
Old Dec 8, 2008 | 06:35 PM
Evolving Member

cyclone

ok the kid wanted the cyclone i really dont care so its up to him....i wanted him to just do the pre 92 1g
Old Dec 8, 2008 | 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

Tell him it doesn't do anything and will cost more to hook up. Go find a junkyard turbo intake manifold for like $5 and you'll save yourself a huge amount of headache.
Old Dec 8, 2008 | 07:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by typac69
I know there was one in chicago area with that swap and full awd conversion.. buddy had pics of it.. one hell of car that would be..
apg or agp i beleive was doing the whole 4g63t with the awd setup in a eg civic like 3-4 years ago i never got to see what the completed one looked like it.

it looked like they where making good progress when i last saw it up in the air.
Old Dec 9, 2008 | 04:09 AM
Evolved Member

Seriously, there are so many manifold options that will be a better choice than the Cyclone manifold that it's not funny. Besides, if it's a 4G63T in a Civic, it's already going to be fast.
Old Dec 18, 2008 | 06:10 AM
Evolving Member

ok finally

i talked some sence into the kid. i will be basiclly decieding everything for the build now he is just going to hand me money to complete the job. so i picked the
pre-april 14 92 1g 6bolt block and 1g head...im also tring to fig if we should use the 4g64 block and 1g head im thinking 1st choice. i have access to a full machine shop and i know how to use the tools. i have a nice welder and a good cutting torch. 20k worth of snap on tools so all i have to do is have the skill to do it...i know im up for the task. and a massive bottle of tylenol