Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

2009 WRX quicker than EVO X and STi?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2008, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ambystom01
Why is it impossible that a car with an almost exact power to weight ratio would be as fast or maybe slightly faster than the Evo? I swear at times people on Evom sound like they own Mustangs.
My Mustang will whoop all ya'lls ricers as$ .
POS imports !

How can anyone "dis" a "cheap" car that goes 0-60 in 4.7 secs .

And yes , we live in the good ole USA , when someone says
"my car is faster than yours"
We dont go to a autocroos track , we look for a stop light .
Old Dec 19, 2008, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by boondoc
I see we moved this argument over here now.
It gets moved everywhere, as soon as someone says or even thinks the word WRX, one of 3 people say that they blow up when you look at them funny, sneeze, fart or basically do anything around them. It's like on NASIOC where as soon as someone says Evo, people either talk about crank-walk, blown clutches/transfer cases or broken gas pedals.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by Xtremist
Hmm we sound like we own mustangs, my question is? Why do subaru owners hump the evom boards? I'll take a broken gas pedal and a slower straight line speed over blown engines and a chancy Sti wanna be!
Some of us have been here for longer than 3 weeks. Some of us have owned Mitsubishis and now own Subarus. Some of us prefer there current car to what Mitsubishi had to offer at the time. I find it funny that someone in an X is calling a WRX an STI wannabe, is the Ralliart an Evo wannabe then?
Old Dec 19, 2008, 11:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo X in my opinion better looking, handling, features, etc.
But Ill give it to 09 WRX great bang for buck/stepping it up a notch which will always get the STi & Evo guys panties in a bunch
Just get a FPred if you will get butt hurt by seeing 09 wrx tail lights on the street
Old Dec 19, 2008, 11:35 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Guys, face it; there are quite a few cars that are quicker than the X. So what? I'm assuming that you bought your cars, because you liked driving them.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Yes, these things only happen at Motor Trend Magazine. Now I remember why I stopped reading their articles.

Next!
Old Dec 19, 2008, 01:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Massappeal
Evo X in my opinion better looking, handling, features, etc.
But Ill give it to 09 WRX great bang for buck/stepping it up a notch which will always get the STi & Evo guys panties in a bunch
Just get a FPred if you will get butt hurt by seeing 09 wrx tail lights on the street
In my opinion the 09' Ralliart is a better looking car over the X. The taillights are awesome to boot.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 01:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by captg
In my opinion the 09' Ralliart is a better looking car over the X. The taillights are awesome to boot.

Pass me some of what you're smoking. A little biased, maybe? If you like the look of regular Lancers, I guess it looks alright.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Philly, Germany, Japan, UK...South Dakota (Da Sticks).......
Originally Posted by ambystom01
Some of us have been here for longer than 3 weeks. Some of us have owned Mitsubishis and now own Subarus. Some of us prefer there current car to what Mitsubishi had to offer at the time. I find it funny that someone in an X is calling a WRX an STI wannabe, is the Ralliart an Evo wannabe then?
^+1 on that.

There really isn't any difference anymore between the two, except the price. Frankly I'm disgusted at the fact that I had to pay $40K for a Evo and the RA gets the same equipment.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by captg
Hmmm, just because you have chrome? I can just buy that and put it on the Evo X. It would be cheaper for me to do that then for a Ralliart to get the wide body panels from the X. And I have the Lancer taillights (They are a option in the US for Xs - standard for your RA.....but they come on all the Lancers (RA/Xs) over in Japan so the taillights aren't special). Check out Mitsus website.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 01:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MAS2377TECH
^+1 on that.

Frankly I'm disgusted at the fact that I had to pay $40K for a Evo and the RA gets the same equipment.

A little far stretched? Assuming MSRP vs MSRP on both cars...you get much more from the Evo compared to the RA. I guess you haven't done much research on the Evo before your purchase?
Old Dec 19, 2008, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by shyong
A little far stretched? Assuming MSRP vs MSRP on both cars...you get much more from the Evo compared to the RA. I guess you haven't done much research on the Evo before your purchase?
Come on now, I knew about the Evo before most of the US before it even hit the shores. I was stationed in Japan and I've own a Evo VIII previously so I've done my research. Wide body panels, cool.....S-AWC, sure....do the the RAs get Brembos? I don't even know but most of the same things you are paying for are going into a car thats not really that different. Of course the Evo is supposed to be faster, it better be for the money but some things that were on the Evo should have stayed just on the Evo. I don't even know why they sell just Lancers - They might as well make Evos and just sell those.....automatics/manuals whatever......appearances and options and few inbetween. And just because you paid much for a car doesn't mean that its a whole lot better ie Evos beating Corvettes? I'm sure corvette owners are pretty irritated at the Evos beating them and costing half the price....
Old Dec 19, 2008, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

well, i'm hoping to get an X soon... but all I can say for right now is... it's not quicker than my IX RS ;-)
Old Dec 19, 2008, 03:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MAS2377TECH
....do the the RAs get Brembos? I don't even know...
Your argument just lost the minimal credibility it had.

Don't feed the trolls, guys.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by goofygrin
All I can say, is that we the consumer are the winners right now.

You have $20-25k? Civic Si, MS3, Genesis Coupe, Cobalt SS
You have $25-30k? Ralliart, WRX, Evo X GSR
You have $30k-40k? EvoX, STi, 335i, 135i, G37, C6, etc.

It's a good time to be a car guy -- if you have the cash -- right now.
don't forget about the Mazdaspeed 3's.. they are quite impressive for the price as well... and a decently built car.

Quick Reply: 2009 WRX quicker than EVO X and STi?