Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Ferrari F430....

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2009, 11:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
It will be near impossible to resell. And dont forget the prices on all exotics have plumeted. I'm not a Ferrerri guy, but Lambos that normally sell for 180 are having a hard time fetching 130's. If it a killer deal and it is the only way you can get into one, well you have to weigh that out yourself. Just know resale will be extremely difficult. The normal buyers for high end exotics can afford a perfect one and always shy away from higher mileage(5k plus) and wrecked ones....
Old Jan 25, 2009, 11:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well if you can afford it go for it... I just know that Insurance is Crazy on one... a friend has 2007 Galardo and his insurance is just over $1000 a month!!!! not to mention the monthly Payments... But ya if you make like a extra $30,000 a year to spend on a car like this then do it lol because that what it cost him a year to pay for it and insure it.. But there is still the maintenance on one that will be a lot.. He had to get his clutch replace about a month and a half ago and it only cost in the $12-$15K range lol So if the car is a steal of a deal and you can afford the Insurance and maintenance then go for it man
Old Jan 26, 2009, 09:48 AM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by 06MRV8Killer
I would buy it simply for the fact of having it to track and beat the living crap out of it and not worry all that much....
Without knowing the price your friend will ask, it's hard to really say if this is a good idea. However, if you're buying a track ****, this is the wrong approach. Using a supercar on the track is ridiculously expensive, and as a driver you'll get more out of a slower/cheaper car. Tires, brake pads/rotors, and general maintenance are very expensive. As an idea, a friend of mine with a GT-R and Elise figured a track day with the GT-R to be around $1000 vs $300 for the Elise. The F430 would be more yet.

Second, the Evo comparisons are pointless, and shouldn't weigh into the equation at all. The Evo is not "faster" except with a lot of modding and even then, only in a straight line.

So, basically you're buying a car for the cool factor... I can't say if it's worth it, but at the right price, assuming the frame is square, go for it. The garage queen prima donnas will thumb their nose at you and your car, but if you're driving it...
Old Jan 26, 2009, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evolution IVGSR
Well if you can afford it go for it... I just know that Insurance is Crazy on one... a friend has 2007 Galardo and his insurance is just over $1000 a month!!!! not to mention the monthly Payments... But ya if you make like a extra $30,000 a year to spend on a car like this then do it lol because that what it cost him a year to pay for it and insure it.. But there is still the maintenance on one that will be a lot.. He had to get his clutch replace about a month and a half ago and it only cost in the $12-$15K range lol So if the car is a steal of a deal and you can afford the Insurance and maintenance then go for it man
This is not necessarily a correct statement. If his insurance is 1k a month than he has some serious issues with his DL and has some accidents under his belt. My insurance on my Gallardo only jumped about $60 from every other car I have insured. My evo is around 75 a month and the Gallardo was $130 a month. This was with State Farm and was full coverage($500 deductible). No one can just say your insurance is going to be crazy because its an exotic. That is very un true...

Last edited by Most-Wanted; Jan 26, 2009 at 11:46 AM.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 08:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
This is not necessarily a correct statement. If his insurance is 1k a month than he has some serious issues with his DL and has some accidents under his belt. My insurance on my Gallardo only jumped about $60 from every other car I have insured. My evo is around 75 a month and the Gallardo was $130 a month. This was with State Farm and was full coverage($500 deductible). No one can just say your insurance is going to be crazy because its an exotic. That is very un true...
$130 a month to insure a Gallardo, ahaha stfu
Old Jan 26, 2009, 08:15 PM
Evolving Member

I have a feeling the wrecked Ferrari may cost around a $100K or maybe less. If I were you, I would just buy a brand new Nissan GT-R and call it a day!!!
Old Jan 26, 2009, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Xolition
Xolition- Are you seriously calling me a liar? Want me to find the policy??? My 100k Mercedes was right around 100 a month, so was my 2008 twin turbo Cayenne. What experience do you have to bring to the table? FN unbelievable around here anymore. I'm going to my house tonight and will try to find the policy. Will post up on Thursday when I return to my apartment. Later...

2006 Mits 396.22 per 6 months which equates to $66.00 per month.
2008 SS Trailblazer $413.34 per 6 months.

I just happened to have these policies here in my office. I will find the others at home. I may be off a bit, but I know for a fact it wasn't over $200 a month on the Gallardo.

Don't forget discounts like accident free add up quickly in saving money...

Last edited by Most-Wanted; Jan 26, 2009 at 08:39 PM.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Xolition
Just because I can't stand it when someone calls me out Maybe you should research a little more before talking out of place. Here is my insurance policy for my Lamborghini Gallardo. Purchase price was $156,000 and was fully insured with a $500 deductible. It was $143 a month I also enclosed my policy to my $100k Mercedes which was $84 a month, same coverage.....
Attached Thumbnails Ferrari F430....-scan0013.jpg   Ferrari F430....-scan0014.jpg  
Old Feb 5, 2009, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

Hey brian lets not mention the bell 420 or the long ranger BALLER!!!!!!

ill see you at the shop tommorow.lol never mind the haters. envy is a ugly ugly thing
Old Feb 5, 2009, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

If you got the cash, go for it, liability insurance and all.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 04:12 PM
El Jefe

Just because I can't stand it when someone calls me out Maybe you should research a little more before talking out of place. Here is my insurance policy for my Lamborghini Gallardo. Purchase price was $156,000 and was fully insured with a $500 deductible. It was $143 a month I also enclosed my policy to my $100k Mercedes which was $84 a month, same coverage.....
You can afford a Gallardo and E63 AMG, and you're rolling around with 10/20 liability? I'm not sure if that's ballsy or just plain stupid.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 04:18 PM
Evolving Member

pwnd!
Old Feb 5, 2009, 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WestSideBilly
You can afford a Gallardo and E63 AMG, and you're rolling around with 10/20 liability? I'm not sure if that's ballsy or just plain stupid.
Pretty out of place comment for a mod. Pointless at best. Someone must be jealous. Pretty funny how some people just love to think they know more about someone else's life then that person. I have no reason to divulge all my secrets or insurance policies whether it be straight insurance or self insured policies. But rest assured I have had 3 cars this year all over 100k so I may have some clue as to what I'm doing. Keep hating mod

Last edited by Most-Wanted; Feb 5, 2009 at 04:43 PM.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 04:43 PM
El Jefe

Pretty out of place comment for a mod.
I'm not trying to insult you, I'm trying to point out that what you're bragging about as far as cheap rates is really risky. That's why everyone called BS on you. Most people carry significantly more coverage, especially if they have something to lose.

You're driving a $100k+ car with what amounts to being the minimum legal insurance. I don't know exactly how FL's laws are set up, but if you cause an accident that results in the death or serious injury of another party, I'm pretty certain they're going to sue you for a lot more than $10k. $25k of property liability doesn't help if you damage someone else's $100k car or a building. I don't know your financial situation, but you're risking everything you own to save a few hundred dollars a month.

How much would your insurance be with 100/300+100+500 liability be instead of 10/20+25+50?

Also, thank you for reporting my post.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pretty out of place comment for a mod. Pointless at best. Someone must be jealous. Pretty funny how some people just love to think they know more about someone else's life then that person. I have no reason to divulge all my secrets or insurance policies whether it be straight insurance or self insured policies. But rest assured I have had 3 cars this year all over 100k so I may have some clue as to what I'm doing. Keep hating mod
whats your job! lol sick i would love to be able to have all those cars one day aha! work ur butt off you get what you want!

Quick Reply: Ferrari F430....