Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Ferrari F430....

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2009, 05:06 PM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
If you have additional insurance above and beyond the policy you posted, you're misrepresenting what you pay to insure your vehicle(s). I'm not sure what's so hard to grasp about that.

It's no different from saying "I have a $35k car that does a 10.2 1/4 mile" without mentioning that you've put $25k of mods into it (don't know the exact numbers, just making a point).
Old Feb 5, 2009, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by WestSideBilly
I'm not trying to insult you, I'm trying to point out that what you're bragging about as far as cheap rates is really risky. That's why everyone called BS on you. Most people carry significantly more coverage, especially if they have something to lose.

You're driving a $100k+ car with what amounts to being the minimum legal insurance. I don't know exactly how FL's laws are set up, but if you cause an accident that results in the death or serious injury of another party, I'm pretty certain they're going to sue you for a lot more than $10k. $25k of property liability doesn't help if you damage someone else's $100k car or a building. I don't know your financial situation, but you're risking everything you own to save a few hundred dollars a month.

How much would your insurance be with 100/300+100+500 liability be instead of 10/20+25+50?

Also, thank you for reporting my post.
Let me fill you in on a little 101. People who sue, will generally sue for more than your policy is worth no matter what the dollar amount is or at least go for your max policy(hint-hint). If they want more they will have to tie it up in court and it will take over 4 years Insurance companies always try to settle out of court and will generally settle for max policy amount or if things go well less. I can't tell you whats right for you or someone else and have no reason to justify my sitiation. I simply stated you could insure a Gallardo for less than 200 a month. Someone said I was fos, I proved it wrong. You had some idiotic comment, go bother someone else. If you still think I'm "plain stupid", I have been sued twice and would love more than anything to share the entire process on both occassions. They lost both times LOL.... But hey, I'm the dumb one.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 05:13 PM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
You're putting words in my mouth.

Regardless, I understand what you're saying, even if it's not necessarily the best advice to give someone. Based on your financial situation, I'm going to assume you can afford to retain a good lawyer who can deal with insurance company lawyers. Not everyone has that luxury; most people rely on their insurance to save their rear end if they get sued.

This is getting way off topic. Anyway, props for backing up your statements.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 05:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
Just because I can't stand it when someone calls me out Maybe you should research a little more before talking out of place. Here is my insurance policy for my Lamborghini Gallardo. Purchase price was $156,000 and was fully insured with a $500 deductible. It was $143 a month I also enclosed my policy to my $100k Mercedes which was $84 a month, same coverage.....
Seriously PWND!
Hats off to you. Haters everywhere you go. I think you need to take a hatecation and get away from it all. Most-Wanted FTW!
Old Feb 5, 2009, 05:17 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
Pretty out of place comment for a mod. Pointless at best.
He didn't say "you are stupid", he said:

Originally Posted by WestSideBilly
I'm not sure if that's ballsy or just plain stupid.
Which describes your actions and not you yourself. It's a subtle difference, notice the use of "that's" in place of "you". If WSB had called 'you' stupid, I'd be having an offline conversation with him right now. But that's not the case here. In fact, I think he expressed it just as I would have had I been in on this conversation. Hope that clears it up. Carry on.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Back on topic,

I hear some insurance companies won't even insure salvage titled/wrecked exotics. This is another important factor when considering buying something like this...

Last edited by Most-Wanted; Feb 5, 2009 at 05:27 PM.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
If you have an umbrella policy because you own real estate or whatever, sometimes they have exclusions built in that require you to have a certain amount of auto insurance. If your building falls down and squashes someone, they can refuse to pay out of the umbrella policy because you are in violation of the terms even though it had nothing to do with the reason for the payment. It is like if you put on your life insurance that you don't smoke, and you get hit by a car, they can refuse to pay if they find out that you did smoke. Insurance companies are ****s like that.

Just as an FYI for everyone who may be thinking about following MW's method