Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

STI A-Line (auto tranny)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2009, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
You would be surprised of the new automatic cars like on BMW, the auto shifts in 125miliseconds and is auto, it maintains the boost on shifts and it has paddle shifters and slap shifters, ultimately the auto BMW 335i acelerate better than its counter part 6 speed.

I know we are not talking about BMW here but I am using it as a reference. The old style slow transmission era is well over, many manufacturers make very competitive auto transmissions. I have a car in my garage that uses the DSG and is a cool feauture, I have another car that has 6 speeds and misses shifts and grinds ocasionally.

For this matter I give Subaru the benefit of the doubt because they might actually improved their auto transmission a whole lot and you never know..

By the way, I did test drive a Evo X MR (one of the first one in the country) and yes, it was excellent.

my .2c

Carlos

I attended the BMW M school, and I will tell you that a human will be out-performed by the shift speed of the paddle shifter