Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Hyundai Lies. Turbo Coupe Makes More than 210hp.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2009, 11:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Clark_Kent
It's funny that everytime information is posted in regards to anything you ALWAYS have something to say. It is based on the 4B11 and no one said it is EXACTLY like the 4B11. You pick apart every single thread and state your claim. Almost in an attempt to flex your "intellectual muscle" or something. It's really not that serious. The vehicle is very appealing for what it is. A RWD turbocharged sport compact car that retails for 22k. It's an excellent choice given the price point.
@ you. I'm not even going to respond to that nonsense.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 03:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Canexican
I'll bet you $20 it won't. It's no 4B11T or 4G63. Its more of an econo-turbo motor. 300whp would probably be realistic, but 400-450whp... .
Funny, because it is a 4B11T.

They've already taken apart the motor, and while the internals are certainly not as robust as the 10's 4B11, it is pretty beefy. I don't think 400WHP would be out of the question w/ a good tune and reasonable boost.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 06:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by STi2EvoX
Lol, my X made 293 on a super low reading dyno dynamics (a real dyno, I might add), which is about 330 on a dyno jet, and all I have done to the car is a drop in, UICP, and a tune. I could get another 15+ from an exhaust, and still be on the stock turbo. 360 with a GT30 on a dynojet? Ha!
I agree, its an LOL. My X, also on a dynodynamics (stock X is barely higher on this than the genesis on a dynojet(205ish hp), laid down 302 with three mods, cbe, testpipe and an intake(which after tuning does literally nothing). And this dyno reads maybe 15% or more lower than dynojets. So I am already knocking on the door of this GT30 powered Genesis.

It is a cool car, but Evo X owners should not fear anything about the genesis on a stock block anyway.

Last edited by murlo26; Mar 18, 2009 at 06:41 AM.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Capone X
GT30R - 360whp 302 ft-lb
Stock Fuel System

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_UN0cvXr7g
So you're telling me the injectors are good for that kind of power, yet AEM just stated they were 335cc injectors and were running @ 97% of their maximum under stock boost?
Old Mar 18, 2009, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by spooled_u
Funny, because it is a 4B11T.

They've already taken apart the motor, and while the internals are certainly not as robust as the 10's 4B11, it is pretty beefy. I don't think 400WHP would be out of the question w/ a good tune and reasonable boost.
Too many people spout out number like 400 hp like its easy to attain and maintain. 400 WHP could probably be attained for sure but you better start saving money on the side for a new engine or rebuild because without block reinforcement the cylinder walls will eventually crack or warp. Hell even Mitsubishi didn't believe an open deck could handle the stock 260 whp reliably why would you think that 400 whp could be a good idea?
Old Mar 18, 2009, 06:54 AM

This car isn't meant to be anything classy stock form but more of a blank canvas. I think it's gonna be a hit.

=Jason-
Old Mar 18, 2009, 07:31 AM
Evolving Member

come on a hyudai is not a evo it's not fair to compare plus the 10k price differance for the monsy though it is a fun rr car that with the stock tubo may be able to hit 300 hp and be faster than the v6 model and handle better due to weight. for it's pricew its the only rr tubo car out there sure a civic si is more dynamic and is just as fast but the hyudai is probably more fun being rr and boosted . Yes I owned a civisi 2006. and that is a car that copetes not a evo x it's a differnat class I think hyudai did a bang up job and for the monwy who gets this car should be proud and would get a thumbs up from me. and I bet with it's tubu maxex and the car tuned it would run with our evo speed wise with a ecu flash exhaust maybe a intercooler upgrade for say 1500-2k it will run woith a x and that's a value no need to be upset over it and they will still be 8k ahead to mod suspeansio etc. I say good for them and look forward to what will come out for it.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 07:36 AM

i cant get into the looks of this thing, probably a fun little car though
Old Mar 18, 2009, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

Just wondering who will be the first to actually swap an Evo X long block into this thing.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 07:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TearItUpSports
Just wondering who will be the first to actually swap an Evo X long block into this thing.
Id be more interested in swapping the Genesis Tranny into an X. Rear wheel drive X would be nice for those wanting to do drag cars
Old Mar 18, 2009, 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by murlo26
Id be more interested in swapping the Genesis Tranny into an X. Rear wheel drive X would be nice for those wanting to do drag cars
AWD setup>RWD setup. It would take much more work to put the gen coupe transmission in the X then it would for the X motor to be put in the gen coupe.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EsRt2evo
AWD setup>RWD setup. It would take much more work to put the gen coupe transmission in the X then it would for the X motor to be put in the gen coupe.
I love AWD and personally feel it is the best. But RWD has it's application's. For instance drift. I am not sure if it would be easier to make the evo tranny purely RWD or to swap in the Genesis one. Also there is the question of the Genesis tranny being strong, who knows

Regardless, for drag, RWD is still great, less weight and less drivetrain loss, so more power. If you can hook up with RWD then sweet, but that's why AWD is great, traction ftw.

I was just saying I would be more interested in seeing a RWD Evo than a faster Genesis.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 08:10 AM

evo swap would be insane
Old Mar 18, 2009, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by murlo26

I think that would be nearly impossible...as by looking at pictures, the engines are oriented differently between the Evo and Genesis. They are 90 degrees off.

If you are after drag racing, and had the same engine, why would you go with the Evo body which weighs more and is less aerodynamic (an assumption)?
Old Mar 18, 2009, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
this car is only a threat to those in the si category if you ask me. I believe its a great alternative to a honda si or ms3 or cobalt t/c. It will more than likely outperform a si easily and from the pics i seen it has a much better and upscale interior than the cobalt t/c and the ms3. I look at it like a commuter car with very nice interior and potential performance but definitely no evo. G37 shoppers who don't want to spend all that money for a g37 or those who can't afford a g37 should eat this car up.

Quick Reply: Hyundai Lies. Turbo Coupe Makes More than 210hp.