Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.
View Poll Results: What is the best car under 100k?
Porsche GT3
35.38%
Merc SL500
2.12%
Viper SRT10
8.02%
Vette z06
5.42%
BMW M3
4.48%
Skyline GTR
30.90%
STILL EVO, EVO IS THE BEST UNDER THE SUN
13.68%
Voters: 424. You may not vote on this poll

what's the best car under 100k?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2003, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the 2005 ford gt, oh wait, that running about 150k. I guess I'll be going with the viper also.
Old Sep 23, 2003, 06:10 PM
Evolving Member

YOU MISSED NSX!!!
Old Sep 23, 2003, 11:31 PM
Evolving Member

I voted for the z06. WAAAAAAAY better as a daily driver than the viper, which seems to be the only competition other than the gt3 for sheer performance around a track stock for the z06. Its also VERY reliable in comparison to the other cars listed. I have a friend that beats the **** out of his vette (oil changes every 10-12 thousand miles. Drives back and forth between austin and LA 4 times a year on that oil going 150 mph most of the way etc...), and his car has just now, after 6 years of being treated like this, started giving him minor problems.
Old Sep 23, 2003, 11:41 PM

I forgot about the Z06. It is definately a sweet car. Great value, well-established modification paths, and classic looks to boot. I would still go with a viper though, simply because it is rarer. Sure, you don't see Z06s very often, but you do see vettes all the time. Vipers you see a good deal less often. Plus, I think the new Vipers are absolutely stunning. Sure, the old ones looked a bit like a cartoon car, but the new ones look much better. Now where is our new Viper GTS...
Old Sep 23, 2003, 11:56 PM
Evolving Member

Exclamation GT3

I would go with the Euro Porsche GT3 because of the weight advantage it has on these other cars. Also, it's handling is great and the sound of a high revving boxer engine would be .

I would order mine with no frills... just carbon buckets and rollbar for me please.
Old Sep 24, 2003, 02:48 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Ryanmcd2
I have been in and driven them all, like I said my friend has the 360's and the P car. I tell you what. Get in a F360 and go somewhere and when people start driving by asking you stuff and then they key it because of who knows why and they you are a rich ***** and then talk bad about you. I had a NSX for 5 years and you get about the same thing. If you are looking for looks YES they are the PERFECT car for you, but like AL if you want to CRUSH your friends 996TT with under 10k in mods the evo is for you. Hell I have a friend who sold his F355 to get a mustang because he got tired of getting trashed by hondas and other cars. So don't talk smack unless you have a clue

Why did I bother treating him like a human being?

Last edited by FlatSixTurbo; Oct 9, 2003 at 02:03 PM.
Old Sep 24, 2003, 02:53 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by NITROHEAD
YOU MISSED NSX!!!
darn it you are right!!! well, i feel that nsx wouldn't fare very well now anyway. they desperately need something more than a fixed head lamp. but great looking car though.
Old Sep 24, 2003, 02:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by purecoda
if anybody remembers the scc shoot-out a few months back, the stock viper won overall with a slim lead over a heavily modified supra. the viper is just a sick car all the way around, and its kinda hard to argue with 8.0L and 500/500 power.
uh, dude. i love vipers too. but that Viper in SCC that pmum drove was HEAVILY modded. it put down 500whp as opposed to stock 460hp at flywheel!!! also, it's got near race car suspension. and most importantly, pmum is as good as a race car driver. no wait, HE IS a race car driver. didn't anyone see him on speed TV in his viper competition coupe?

but it's all good, viper is an awesome car anyway. just wanted to update you that it was no stock viper.
Old Sep 24, 2003, 03:01 AM
Evolving Member

Re: GT3

Originally posted by ESCALVANTE
I would go with the Euro Porsche GT3 because of the weight advantage it has on these other cars. Also, it's handling is great and the sound of a high revving boxer engine would be .

I would order mine with no frills... just carbon buckets and rollbar for me please.
oh man, you are talking about gt3rs.

that car is so awesome. but we have to add that to our long list of "cool cars NOT sold in US"
Old Sep 24, 2003, 06:20 AM
Evolving Member

None of the above. I would build GT40 or 427 Shelby Cobra Kit Car. Since originals go for 500,000 and up, with 100 grand you could build one bad *** copy.

Last edited by jojoskates; Sep 24, 2003 at 08:03 AM.
Old Sep 24, 2003, 07:34 AM
In Timeout

Okay lets cut through the BS, Post a pic of your 996TT, how about with you in it flicking me off? I know what the answer to this is going to be, ummm I can't don't have a camera, or ummm I don't know how to host a pic. lol

Originally posted by FlatSixTurbo

i do have a clue. i also have a 996tt that i drive daily. it's not keyed. maybe that's why i like it over f cars, it's low profile. i don't know any owner of f car that had problem w/ vandalism. maybe your friend should move to richer neighborhood where f cars are no big deal. if his modena is getting keyed why did he buy two? i'm beginning to suspect that you never even drove the f cars. why? no one who knows f car will call a modena an f360. they dropped the f w/ f355.

i'm talking smack if i tell you to respect other cars??? Evo is GOOD, but so is z06, viper, f car, p car, lambo, whatever. how silly is that if you can't buy a car you want because you are scare of other people vandalizing your car?

i doubt al will crush even a stock viper on 91 pump gas here in ca. he needs 118 octane w/ co2 spaying his intercooler or something. and he definitely won't crush any of 996tt. you have realize that drag racing is not the only form of racing. i've done honest 187mph(i know factory claimed 190) on my way to vegas, what can al or you do on your evo that will "CRUSH" me? 165mph? thought so. oh yeah, 10k in mod will push me over 200mph just for your info.

what will your car do? don't give me, "my friend w/ 360 let me drove it" or "al will crush you." what will you do? i know steph papadakis will do 8sec in his honda. so what??? good for you that you have so many friends, but what does your evo run that makes you "have a clue" on high performance?

lastly, f cars are not just for performance. f355 being smoked by mustang is more beautiful sight than the winning mustang in my opinion. i mean do you think all the sl500 owners are stupid just cuz you can smoke them w/ a stock evo??? you should get a clue about world outside of 1/4mile. what are you vin diesel or something? leaving your life 1/4 mile at a time?

sorry other innocent Evo owners if i offended you. didn't mean to come off as a punk. i still like Evo very much, but i felt that i had to defend myself against comments like these.
Old Sep 24, 2003, 03:47 PM
Evolving Member

Last edited by FlatSixTurbo; Oct 9, 2003 at 02:07 PM.
Old Sep 24, 2003, 03:50 PM
Evolving Member

I knew skyline was popular, but I'm just so amazed by the popularity of the GT3. I thought it was only for some track nut!!! Maybe we are all track nuts here??!?!
Old Sep 24, 2003, 03:52 PM
Evolving Member

The viper is my favorite car. I will be so sad if i never get one. hopefully within 10 years i will.
Old Sep 24, 2003, 05:24 PM
In Timeout

I never said it was keyed I am just saying the people see a car like that, get jellous and key it. Also I knew you did not have the Car. I will get a pic of Ken's car as soon as I can, he works for Checkpoint and is out of town a lot. Also I want to see you 996tt 1st lol. hehehe too funny man I knew you never had it.

Originally posted by FlatSixTurbo

i will for you, if and only if you also go thru the trouble of doing the same in your friend's ride. i don't feel that i'm the only one who needs to prove it. I didn't say my "998tt" if I did, you could call BS on me too. oh, make sure you get thoses scratches on it too.

In fact, I don't have a digi camera. But I did take some Pictures from when I first got the car w/ someone elses. No, I'm not gonna be flipping you off in it. And don't give me this, "you have a p car and no camera" Yes, it's true. I'm not into digicams. I will soon buy one, but honestly so far no.

But I would like to end the flame war. I still think you would bring something intersting to this forum as you have different opinion than me. If we all thought the same, this place will be boring. So, Truce, okay?

I will still try to post my pic. I don't know where you are but I'm afraid you may "key" some other black p car thinking it's me. That would be terrible for him or even worse if it IS me. So, we truce first. and cut this BS like we are two fine gentlemen. Stop the personal insults and both post some pics. How's that?

Quick Reply: what's the best car under 100k?