Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

The Buschur Racing Genesis Coupe has entered the building!

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2009, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I almost bought this car. Its very nice but slow due to the tiny turbo. I kno Buschur will turn it into a beast.
Old May 18, 2009, 10:31 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by boondoc
I almost bought this car. Its very nice but slow due to the tiny turbo. I kno Buschur will turn it into a beast.
It is "slow" to me also coming from a 500whp Evo. lol

It has potential though and overall its a really nice car. I love the feel of the inside driving position and having it be a sporty 2 door is a nice addition too.

She should be back on the road this week.
Old May 18, 2009, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jrod@Buschur
It is "slow" to me also coming from a 500whp Evo. lol

It has potential though and overall its a really nice car. I love the feel of the inside driving position and having it be a sporty 2 door is a nice addition too.

She should be back on the road this week.
Yep! But was very well designed i have to give props to Hyundai. I think they did a great job with it. How different is it from the 4b11? From what i read the ECU is not hard to crack and can be tuned similar to the 4b11.
Old May 18, 2009, 06:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by boondoc
From what i read the ECU is not hard to crack and can be tuned similar to the 4b11.

Not sure where you read that but to my knowledge no one here in the states has gotten into the ECU yet so it must not be too easy. lol A couple places are using the AEM fuel ignition controller. There is a place in Korea working on tuning software but doesnt seem like they have it figured out yet. Everyone is working on getting into it but nothing yet.
Old May 19, 2009, 01:10 AM
Evolved Member

Not sure where you read that but to my knowledge no one here in the states has gotten into the ECU yet so it must not be too easy. lol A couple places are using the AEM fuel ignition controller. There is a place in Korea working on tuning software but doesnt seem like they have it figured out yet. Everyone is working on getting into it but nothing yet.
i read it in one of the automotive mags. they had an interview with one of the reps and he hinted that it shouldnt be hard but then again it could've jus been him tryin to hype up the car :-\
Old May 19, 2009, 10:14 AM
Former Sponsor

This morning after so many inquiries & comments on dual 4" tips.... I was curious of what exactly the dual 4" tips would look like so I grabbed a couple of tips, 2 jack stands and my camera. Since there is not an exhaust on the car currently this was quite easy to do.

This was the outcome.

Old May 19, 2009, 10:20 AM
Former Sponsor

This morning when Santa in the brown outfit showed up so did these....

We received our FIRST set of actual production IC pipes and intake pipe in from the bender. This is what they look like when they arrive to us, we have to finalize the product with cuts, bead rolls, etc... Trent is in the back working with them now and I hope to be able to have them powder coated and in the car for this weekend event that we're hosting. If not... they will have to be installed bare and then removed for coating later.

We should be seeing more piping arrive this week & next week.

The exhaust is still a little bit behind.
Old May 19, 2009, 11:03 AM
Evolving Member

this is going to be like a family bucket of extra crispy during a Browns game.... straight butter lol
Old May 19, 2009, 02:32 PM

yes please keep going with the updates very interested in this car
Old May 19, 2009, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

Nice.
Old May 19, 2009, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

This morning when Santa in the brown outfit showed up so did these....

We received our FIRST set of actual production IC pipes and intake pipe in from the bender. This is what they look like when they arrive to us, we have to finalize the product with cuts, bead rolls, etc... Trent is in the back working with them now and I hope to be able to have them powder coated and in the car for this weekend event that we're hosting. If not... they will have to be installed bare and then removed for coating later.

We should be seeing more piping arrive this week & next week.

The exhaust is still a little bit behind.

dude how much is that? Man i gotta get the exhuast and those hard pipes!
Old May 19, 2009, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I'll tell you Jarrod, I like the look of the 4" tips! Nice job setting it up, it will be an easy change to make if someone requests that option.

Tomorrow, if all goes well, you will once again be driving your brand new car and it should be with a nice increase in power!

The I/C pipes are going to look WHITE HOT!
Old May 19, 2009, 07:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Soon 2 B EVIL
dude how much is that? Man i gotta get the exhuast and those hard pipes!
We do not have exact pricing set yet.

We will have the pricing wrapped up shortly. I will keep you all up to date as the updates & pricing come.

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
I'll tell you Jarrod, I like the look of the 4" tips! Nice job setting it up, it will be an easy change to make if someone requests that option.

Tomorrow, if all goes well, you will once again be driving your brand new car and it should be with a nice increase in power!

The I/C pipes are going to look WHITE HOT!
Thanks. I guess ive learned a thing or 2 from you in the last 6 years.

Yeah I like the 4" tips too but im torn. The deciding factor will be seeing the OEM style tips in person.

I hope there's a decent power increase. I certainly couldnt get any slower. Haha

I agree. The pipes should look good.

Thanks for everything!
Old May 20, 2009, 06:30 AM

if my mom wasnt getting married this weekend down in Orlando id definitely come out to shoot out to check this car out aswell as the countless DSMs that will be on hand. Ive been out to your shop before, 2 summers ago a few friends and i stopped in with a yellow srt4 on a trailer hahaha
Old May 21, 2009, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Jarrod................oh Jarrod...........where are you? Where is all the cool stuff you did today? Pictures/videos.............Jarrod? Hey!!! Get with the program, I came here to see the new HOT pictures and videos!!!

Tomorrow you guys will have a nice surprise

Quick Reply: The Buschur Racing Genesis Coupe has entered the building!