Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

The Buschur Racing Genesis Coupe has entered the building!

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2009, 11:53 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This past weekend we hosted our Sport Compact National event here at the shop on Saturday and drag racing all day Sunday at Summit Racing Equipment Motorsports Park (Aka: Norwalk Raceway Park).

At the end of the day I decided to make a few passes in the Coupe. This weekend was the first time I have been down the track since I sold my Evo almost a year and a half ago.

I made a 3 passes at the end of the day. Best was 14.95 @ 96mph. Stock tires, nothing removed from inside (even had some crap in the trunk), 100% FULL tank of gas (like maybe a half gallon missing out of it). Other passes were both 15.0 @ 96 as well.

The drive by wire SUCKS to say the least. Bottom line. No arguing it. Between shifts the car would just lay over like it had a big laggy turbo on it, then power would come back on and it would go. Very irritating.

The car left "good", minimal wheel spin, no hop, consistent 2.1 60 foot times on all 3 passes.

The thing needs tuned. Once we get in the ECU.... ITS ON! The car feels good on the street and driving. Powerwise its definitely up from stock no doubt about it. We are going to get it on the dyno this week to check the gains.

The car got a TON of looks this weekend with great response from everyone!

Last edited by Jrod@Buschur; May 26, 2009 at 12:19 PM.
Old May 26, 2009, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Awesome...that exhaust sounds great!! Looking forward to other parts you guys have coming out for this car...
Old May 26, 2009, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Almost sounds like an srt4. Curious how it will sound with a high flow cat/s and downpipe/s..
Old May 26, 2009, 01:35 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mrdevo
Almost sounds like an srt4. Curious how it will sound with a high flow cat/s and downpipe/s..
I doubt it would be all to much louder or different. Maybe a little. There isnt a need for either really with the small factory turbo.

There is only 1 downpipe and 1 actual cat. There is a secondary cat that serves no purpose which was removed in our catback.
Old May 28, 2009, 12:59 PM
Former Sponsor

After the initial R&D of parts and we were able to receive some of the finished products (Intake pipe & Intercooler pipes) in we were able to get the car back together last Wednesday for our event here. With hosting our Sport Compact last weekend and everything included in putting on an event we simply just did not have time to get the car on the dyno to see how everything corresponded together once it was buttoned up.

I was also able to run the car Sunday at the track. At the end of the day I decided to make a few passes in the Coupe. Sunday was the first time I had been down the track since I sold my Evo almost a year and a half ago.

I made a 3 passes at the end of the day. Best was 14.95 @ 96mph. Stock tires, nothing removed from inside (even had some crap in the trunk), 100% FULL tank of gas (like maybe a half gallon missing out of it). Other passes were both 15.0 @ 96mph as well.

The drive by wire SUCKS to say the least. No arguing it. Between shifts the car would just lay over like it had a big laggy turbo on it, then power would come back on and it would go. Very irritating.

The car left "good", minimal wheel spin, no hop, consistent 2.1 60 foot times on all 3 passes.

On to TODAY.... we had the chance to get the Coupe back on the dyno first thing this morning.

We added:
Buschur Racing Intake
Buschur Racing Race FMIC
Buschur Racing 3" S.S. Catback Exhaust
Buschur Racing Inline Manual Boost Controller
Buschur Racing Complete Intercooler Piping Kit

Our mini battery kit is also in the car but that does not have anything to do with making power.

Here is the dyno sheet with bone stock compared to now.

With the peak gains showing a gain in HP of 29 and a gain in torque of 28ft lbs. we were also able to see once we printed the graphs by 100rpm number increments that there were increases in the chart of as much as 35whp and 33ft. trq while having a average increase of 27ft trq and 25whp throughout the entire RPM range.

Here is a comparison of stock vs stock w/ BR MBC and now with all of the parts.

With the peak gains showing a gain in HP of 22 and a loss in torque of 3ft lbs. when we printed the graphs by 100rpm number increments as we did with the stock to now comparison we were able to see the real increases in the chart with alot WHP gains as much as 28whp and a gain in torque of 27ft. lbs while having a average increase of 14whp and 15ft trq throughout the entire RPM range.

If you're interested in seeing the graphs printed out by numbers just say and I will be glad to post those as well.

Something else interesting that we found is that under 3500rpm the stock ECU wants to reduce the torque substantially with the addition of the new parts.

We also were limited with the boost to be right at 17psi. It goes INSTANTLY to limp mode EVERY time and throws 2 check engine lights. One for overboost and the other for one of the boost control sensors reading too high. Its funny becuase Sunday I couldnt get it to go over 15.5psi.

The car needs tuned. Bottom line. Once we are able to get into the ECU this thing should REALLY wake up with the new parts. The other day when I was setting the boost on the street I hit a max of 20psi on the gauge and the thing just wanted to get down! As soon as it hit that though the car went to limp mode.

For those who havent seen what we've been up to or what our parts look like here is the exhaust:

Front shot with no front fascia:

Front shot all put together:

I can NOT wait to get into the ECU of this car! Fix the DBW issues and get the car to wake up.

The Coupe is showing alot of promise! We're excited to move forward with the car.

Thanks for reading!
Old May 28, 2009, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Please post the by numbers graph when you have time.

Thanks!!

-E
Old May 28, 2009, 01:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Can't wait for you to get into the ECU. Keep up the great work!
Old May 28, 2009, 07:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Wicked E
Please post the by numbers graph when you have time.

Thanks!!

-E
Ok I will. Im leaving at 7am tomorrow for a race in PA. I will post them when I return but it wont be until Monday.
Old May 31, 2009, 05:55 AM
Evolving Member

Looks good, but the track times and bolt on performance is really disappointing.

Parts look quality, I think the thing just lacks potential. Maybe it's the stock turbo. However, most turbo cars pick up that kind of power (or more) with just a boost controller.

I suppose it will come down to what the stock block can handle, how the ECU responds to getting "unlocked" so to speak, and how those two things come together with a bigger turbo.
Old May 31, 2009, 06:27 AM
Account Disabled

I have a feeling it has a lot to do with the ecu right now...
Old May 31, 2009, 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
The ECU is killing the car right now, end of story. The turbo is SMALL too but the real problem is simply the ECU. Too many controls, too many CEL's, too much control from the stock ECU over what we are trying to do.

Nearly 40 whp gains so far and the boost can't be set over 17 psi or the ECU shuts it all down. AFR's in the 9:1 range and timing numbers are low when I log it with the scanner. I'd say the car has some serious potential, as soon as it can be tuned.
Old May 31, 2009, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
The ECU is killing the car right now, end of story. The turbo is SMALL too but the real problem is simply the ECU. Too many controls, too many CEL's, too much control from the stock ECU over what we are trying to do.

Nearly 40 whp gains so far and the boost can't be set over 17 psi or the ECU shuts it all down. AFR's in the 9:1 range and timing numbers are low when I log it with the scanner. I'd say the car has some serious potential, as soon as it can be tuned.
are we still waiting on PowerAxel for this ECU stuff?
Old Jun 1, 2009, 05:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I am not waiting on anyone in particular. Captain Crunch can release something, I don't care who comes up with it. haha
Old Jun 1, 2009, 05:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Ooooo.... Yes. The Crunch Berry V2.423759943 Flash. I hear its the bomb!

I wonder how the Count Chocula Open Port Flasher compares.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 05:50 PM
Former Sponsor

On a serious note.... weather permitting the Coupe will be heading back to the track Wednesday night with much less fuel in the tank and some slicks on the rear. We got the car to hit 17psi the other day but its kind of hit and miss on when it throws a CEL. I hope I can get a good clean pass without a CEL at 17psi and a good 60'.

We'll see how mother nature cooperates.

Quick Reply: The Buschur Racing Genesis Coupe has entered the building!