Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

The Buschur Racing Genesis Coupe has entered the building!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2009, 11:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
"Hit and miss" is reminding me of old-school DSM tuning and dodging fuel cut with hopes and prayers.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jrod@Buschur
On a serious note.... weather permitting the Coupe will be heading back to the track Wednesday night with much less fuel in the tank and some slicks on the rear. We got the car to hit 17psi the other day but its kind of hit and miss on when it throws a CEL. I hope I can get a good clean pass without a CEL at 17psi and a good 60'.

We'll see how mother nature cooperates.
hey jarrod any chance your gunna test your drift skills with this bad boy? id love to see this thing sitting sideways with a full interior, i have this wierd feeling like this car is going to end up being good for it, we all love the drag track, just wondering if there are any other plans then a straight line...

either way i love the way this thing is coming along, AMS has been dragging *** with theres, you guys have definately got my vote for sweetest Genesis out there, love the white hot pipes by the way...great idea
Old Jun 2, 2009, 08:34 AM
Evolving Member

Drift??? They can barely drag, roadrace, gymkhana, or even scca cone smashing & you expect them to drift
Old Jun 2, 2009, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by G-UNIT
Drift??? They can barely drag, roadrace, gymkhana, or even scca cone smashing & you expect them to drift
has anyone actually tryed that yet? i wasnt aware of any shops actually competing one in any of those kind of events, also once the ecu is unlocked i feel this car will have just as much potential of making power as the evo X or ralliart, so saying it can barely do anything at this stage in the game is just nearsighted and ignorant

also my question was directed at the owner of the car
Old Jun 2, 2009, 08:48 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Chabada15
hey jarrod any chance your gunna test your drift skills with this bad boy? id love to see this thing sitting sideways with a full interior, i have this wierd feeling like this car is going to end up being good for it, we all love the drag track, just wondering if there are any other plans then a straight line...

either way i love the way this thing is coming along, AMS has been dragging *** with theres, you guys have definately got my vote for sweetest Genesis out there, love the white hot pipes by the way...great idea
Drift...ehhh... probably not honestly. Ive never drifted, so being a n00b and going all out to learn in a car that I'm making $500 payments on each month probably wont happen until I get some experience if that time comes. You never know what will happen though. I think once we start getting the power up there we will see how easy she gets around.

I do plan on a track day or 2 with the Coupe at a road course. Im interested in going around some turns with it other than the one at the end of the 1320. lol

Thank you for the compliment on the car. Its appreciated!

Originally Posted by G-UNIT
The car is 2 months old here state side. You cant go make 500whp when there isnt even anything to tune the car with. Give the car a chance and give the shops some time.

Originally Posted by Chabada15
has anyone actually tryed that yet? i wasnt aware of any shops actually competing one in any of those kind of events, also once the ecu is unlocked i feel this car will have just as much potential of making power as the evo X or ralliart, so saying it can barely do anything at this stage in the game is just nearsighted and ignorant

also my question was directed at the owner of the car
I have a customer autocrossing his Coupe and doing VERY well with it. Many people wont know what the Coupe is doing or what its capable of unless they keep up with the cars daily.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 08:49 AM
Evolving Member

Sure I know plenty of shops that drag, roadrace (time attack) & rally.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 11:27 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Wicked E
Please post the by numbers graph when you have time.

Thanks!!

-E
Here it is with boost added:

Old Jun 8, 2009, 02:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Once we got the car back together from the R&D of some of our parts, put it on the dyno and tried turning up the boost we immediately found the stock BOV to be just one issue that needed to be addressed before furthering the path with the Coupe.

Friday we finished the solution to our BOV problem. I was able to drive the car about 300 miles this weekend. No issues at all. The BOV works great.

We decided on a TiAL 50mm BOV as this is a valve we have ran for years with great success and performance. The TiAL units are a very high quality BOV while also being available in a variety of different colors such as silver, black, blue, red and purple.

Notice anything different about this stock Coupe turbo other than the BOV? More information to come on that.

We are not ready to release this piece yet as we would like to make the base 1 single piece so its going to have to spend some time at the machine shop in order to get a quote to see if the pricing will be feasible to do it that way or if we should build them all as we did this one.

I will keep you up to date as we finalize this piece. It should be long at all.

Thanks for reading.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wait wait the genesis is MAP based? Not MAF?

Oooooooooooooooooooo sexy
Old Jun 8, 2009, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Notice anything different about this stock Coupe turbo other than the BOV? More information to come on that.

Let me guess, you guys crammed a bigger wheel in there, maybe from a RA or X?
Old Jun 8, 2009, 03:33 PM
Evolving Member

I wonder what the hks genesis is running.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 08:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Buschur Racing's first offering in a stock appearing turbo upgrade for the Coupe!

Yesterday I posted this in our BOV solution thread.

It seems that it grabbed many people's interest. The replies and PM's started pouring in.

Well....without further ado here is the information that many people are patiently waiting on.

March 27th I picked up the Coupe at the dealership. March 30th it arrived to the shop and we began R&D. On April 6th we ordered a brand new turbo from Hyundai. We received it within a week from the dealership.

Upon receiving the turbo from Hyundai this is what we saw:

The stock internals are SMALL. We were amazed to see wheels that small. Its been awhile to see something that size. lol The stock internals are rated for a maximum WHP in the ball park of 250-260.

With the turbo in hand we contacted our good friend Mike over at Blouch Turbo in Pennsylvania to give us a hand in coming up with a new upgraded combination for factory turbocharger. After Mike and the rest of the Blouch team received the turbo they had it for less than a week and it was on the way back to us with a new combination installed that they feel is a good starting point to seeing where the stock turbo housings will allow us to go.

We received the turbo back to find the factory compressor wheel was upgraded to a Blouch 35lb per min billet compressor wheel and the small stock turbine wheel was swapped for an upgraded TD04HL turbine wheel. This combination is said to be good for about 350whp.

After the Blouch treatment she now looks a little something like this:

This turbo has been on my desk since we received it back. We want to see what we can make on the factory turbo before jumping the gun to upgrade the turbo like others are doing. In order to further progress on the project we're at the mercy of getting some software to tune the car with. Thats the hold up right now.

Doing an upgrade on the factory turbocharger has many advantages over just switching to a turbo kit. If any of you have followed what we've done on the Evo we have pursued running a stock appearing turbo on the cars. There are a few reasons why. Price stays down, they offer a better spool up than a bigger framed turbo, they keep the fun factor of ripping around in the car, you have the stock appearing "sleeper" look and not to mention we have them pumping out some major power. Last year we built a stock appearing turbo Evo that went mid 9's in the quarter.

We offer 2 different "flavors" now in stock appearing for the Evo. A mild upgrade and also something a bit more wild.

I know some will ask "Why stick with the factory turbo with upgraded internals instead of just putting a complete kit on with a bigger turbo." The reason being is this.... coming from a 500+whp Evo powered with a larger 30series based turbo as well as driving plenty of Evo's and other cars with bigger turbos on them I can tell you that a stock appearing smaller framed turbo is a LOT more fun to drive around. After driving my car and then hopping into a car with a stock turbo or a 20G it almost made me want to take my turbo off just for more fun. If the Coupe pans out to be just like those other cars I think a bolt on 400whp stock appearing turbo will be the ticket for FUN.

Ive been quite a few places with the Coupe and one of the many comments I get is "So when is the 35R going on?" My reply "Probably never." A big turbo is fun for big power, drag racing, highway runs, etc... its not that FUN feeling though like a smaller turbo has when you can rip around town, hit some back road twisties, etc...a smaller turbo just makes the car more enjoyable to drive. I may put a big turbo on later just to see what we can do down the quarter. Only time will tell once we get into the testing of these stock appearing combination's.

Getting the perfect combination will take a little time but if you bare with us I'm sure it will be some interesting info as we start to test these and learn about the Coupe and its performance even more. We welcome you to come along for the ride as we dip further into this venture.

*PLEASE NOTE* - This turbo as well as any future combinations are still in the developmental stages. We will be offering these directly through Buschur Racing once the testing and final combination(s) have been reached that we will be offering. With this said we ask that you please do not call Blouch to try to order this or get more information of what is coming. They are a very busy group over there.

Thank you for reading as well as your continued support of Buschur Racing and what we're doing.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 09:12 AM
Evolving Member

You took a 6 piece and made it extra crispy with gravy on the side!!! nice work guys now it is time for that purple drank!!
Old Jun 9, 2009, 06:05 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BLKLIST
You took a 6 piece and made it extra crispy with gravy on the side!!! nice work guys now it is time for that purple drank!!
Well.... that is an interesting way of putting it. lol
Old Jun 9, 2009, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

Can't wait to see this thing tuned with that turbo.

Quick Reply: The Buschur Racing Genesis Coupe has entered the building!