Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

The Buschur Racing Genesis Coupe has entered the building!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2009, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Chabada15
this is all answered by a single word "tune"

and the answer to why it hasnt been tuned yet has been stated multiple times now in the thread, including 5 posts before this 1.
no, i understand that man I meant when is a em coming out for it, or is there going to be an open source possible for it..

I know there are people tuning these cars aready, a la huge numbers by some asian tuners

I thought maybe someone found a way to avoid fuel cut around the u.s. by now

Last edited by MOREPSiTEHBETT4; Jun 27, 2009 at 01:27 PM.
Old Jun 27, 2009, 01:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chabada15
they still cant tune the car yet....
Can't tune the car? wtf, I had'nt realized that. Anyways maybe a better phrase would be "let the modding begin". Even the sales guy showed me a dyno with intake and downpipe that showed 20hp and 50ft lb gain. He said you can get it reflashed for more power but he said then you may have to worry about the warranty if you do that (or up the boost) and something goes wrong. But he said I can put all the bolt-ons I want with no worries.
Old Jun 27, 2009, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
A downpipe and intake will NOT add 20 hp and 50 ft lbs, someone is full of crap.
Old Jun 28, 2009, 02:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
A downpipe and intake will NOT add 20 hp and 50 ft lbs, someone is full of crap.
PWNED
Old Jun 28, 2009, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

ugh, why must everyone believe what idiots tell them, when the software is released i am POSITIVE that buschur racing will be one of the first to post up some sick power making dyno charts, untill that day we all just gotta sit back and wait

and idk about AEM im sure a replacement ECU is out there, hell if thats the route they wanted to go they could wire in a haltech, all about opensource dude
Old Jun 28, 2009, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I am letting Jarrod handle the Coupe mostly as far as posts and such.

I would like to jump in here though.

When the EVO came out everyone was quick to cut into the wiring harness and cobble some form of management into it. We did it too, we recommended the Apexi AFC. Did it work? Sure, we ran pretty good on it but you have control over only the fueling. After awhile TechTom was released and guys like Al from Dynoflash bought it, came to our shop, as a team we tuned the car that had the AFC on it (our 2003 EVO at the time) and made more power, it ran smoother and we had control over many more parameters. What we ended up with was a cut up wiring harness where the AFC use to be after we removed it.

When the EVOX came out companies did the same thing. Tricking the MAF, installing filters in the MAF pipe to bypass air around it, shimming the MAF, hacking into wires. I refused to do it again, within a few months Ecutek came out with software and then eventually open source.

Here we are again with the Gen Coupe. Yes, we can hack into the car and cut some wires, wire in some patches to make power and tell everyone how great it is. Then in a few months we can tell you we have something better and ask you to remove what you spent your money on and to start over. Sorry, but I am not going to rob you of your money and do that.

We are going to keep developing great parts for the car and releasing them. When the tuning solution that we find acceptable comes available we will release our tunes and do it right the first time.

I love cars, I do not want my cars cut up and hacked into to try to make a number right now, I think most people feel that same way about their brand new car.

Spend your money on some parts now, buy an exhaust, FMIC, i/c pipes, intake pipe etc. Get some tires and wheels. Just be patient and when the proper way to tune the car is available we will use it and make it available with good safe, horsepower producing results.

(Jarrod, feel free to use this on some of the other forums asking about tuning too.)

Thanks guys.
Old Jun 28, 2009, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

^^ahh, ok dave; that makes a lot more sense. I was thinking that someone had gotten into the ecu already, but they must have been using a stand alone, so that doesn't really count.

sorry for the impatience, I am really interested in what this motor can do as it comes with such low hp from the factory(by 2009 standards)

this is what they did for supras
boost cut eliminator (GReddy BCC) needed to achieve that boost without activating the factory fuel cut-off at 14-15psi.

Last edited by MOREPSiTEHBETT4; Jun 28, 2009 at 11:05 AM.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 08:06 AM
Former Sponsor

We are always looking at improving what we do here at Buschur Racing. We like to offer the best bang for the buck modifications to our customers where we can save you money without sacrificing performance.

The exhaust price was one area that we simply were not happy with. The second area we wanted to look at was the sound. Last week we were able to find the solution to each of these issues. Thankfully this change was able to be made before any of the orders left as our catback tubing shipment from the bender has been delayed.

Those who have placed orders for the BR system have been contacted about the muffler change and were offered their choice of this new muffler or the previous offering. There will be no drama or worries in that department.

The muffler we previously tested and were going to use with the production systems was a custom muffler made for us and needless to say to do that just wasn't the most economical way. The sound wasn't bad at all but it left something to be desired in our opinion so the hunt began.

This solution came with a simple muffler change with our system. Still a nice free flowing muffler with no restriction, right around 5 1/2lbs lighter and its smaller.

Here is a clip I put together on Friday with the new muffler change. It is unbelievable how quiet it is in the car. I thought the other one was quiet until I heard this. Even WOT it isnt very loud but has a nice mellow / slightly aggressive note to it under WOT.

YouTube - *Buschur Racing Genesis Catback Exhaust*

I mentioned cheaper right....? Well yes I did.

We are now able to offer our Catback systems at a REGULAR all time price of

$769 SHIPPED (in the continental US).

That price is down from the $850 price of what the original offering was going to be.

This change has worked out well!

We're definitely pleased with how the system has came out and what we are offering to everyone.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

nice
Old Jul 2, 2009, 05:31 PM
Evolving Member

Quick question.
Think genesis will make power like evo with few mods?
I finally went to test drive one today and it felt slow.
I could not feel or hear turbo spooling. Its nice car overall but no raw power like evo.
My friend think I'm spoiled by Evo and was expecting too much out of genesis coupe.
I love the touring model's seat!
Old Jul 3, 2009, 07:17 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by joon82
Quick question.
Think genesis will make power like evo with few mods?
I finally went to test drive one today and it felt slow.
I could not feel or hear turbo spooling. Its nice car overall but no raw power like evo.
My friend think I'm spoiled by Evo and was expecting too much out of genesis coupe.
I love the touring model's seat!
I would have to agree that it seems as you had high expectations for the car before driving it.

There is no doubt the Coupe is slow stock. Its heavy and under powered from the factory. Stock it put down 175 on our dyno stock. A stock Evo 8/9 will make about 210 give or take.

Even now with some upgrades the car isnt "fast". Its up to 204 which is still less than a stock Evo. There is a definite noticeable gain from stock to now. As we've said numerous times.... once we can tune the car we will begin to see its true colors come out. At that time I think people will start to notice the car.

Most cars that come factory with a turbo you will not hear the turbo. The boost feeling of the turbo from the factory is very light.

The Coupe has quite a way to go before it can be put into a class near the Evo. In my personal opinion the Evo is in a class that isnt touched by many competitors... especially for the money.

The Coupe is a great car I think. Good quality, comfort, roomy, sporty, etc...

I think the car has good potential. Only the future holds the answer of just how much.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 01:07 PM
Former Sponsor

This morning we headed out of the shop to play at the drag strip for a few hours at a private track rental down that a friend of the shop was putting on. We took our Evo X, the "Project White" 2003 Evo 8 and I took the Coupe.

2 things were different starting off from the last time I had the car out. I took the MBC off and let it run stock boost and this time I didnt have just about a 100% full tank of gas in the car. I showed up to the track with just a bit over 1/4 tank of gas.

First thing this morning they prepped the track. This is the ONLY track prep for the day. Temperature was 75. I made 2 passes. First one I accidentally left the traction control on and the 2nd pass I missed 2nd.... twice. Third run was clean.... left good with a 2.05 60 foot. Crossed the lights at was 14.91 @ 93.54 MPH. At this point I thought the stock boost sucked so I put the manual boost controller back on.

I made a handful of aborted runs in order to get the boost dialed in without it over boosting.

The last 2 passes of the day were the best for MPH & E.T. They were made 5 1/2 minutes apart. Air temperature was 82 degrees.

Second to last pass looked like this:

60' - 2.1939
330ft - 6.2210
1/8th ET - 9.4711
1/8th MPH - 75.74
1/4 E.T. - 14.6289
1/4 MPH - 97.20

This was the last pass of the day:

60' - 2.2091
330ft - 6.2500
1/8th ET - 9.55.01
1/8th MPH - 73.39
1/4 E.T. - 14.6870
1/4 MPH - 97.63

Best MPH of the day and for car overall is 97.63

Best E.T. of the day and for car overall is 14.6289

I wish I could have had the 2.05 60' back from the third run of the day. If I could have, that would have put the car right around 14.3 and probably 100mph.

The mod list on the car looks like this:

Buschur Racing Catback Exhaust
Buschur Racing Race FMIC Kit w/ Piping
Buschur Racing Air Intake
Buschur Racing Manual Boost Controller
TiAL BOV

Stock turbo, Stock cat, stock downpipe and still NOT tuned. Straight 93 octane from Sunoco.

I MAY be able to get the car back out Friday to Norwalk. I would like to see that 14.3 & 100mph.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 02:36 PM
Evolving Member

Not bad times. But when are you guys going to get it tuned? I hear a tune will give it better power and torque for a lot cheaper than all your mods you put on already.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mrbobcat
Not bad times. But when are you guys going to get it tuned? I hear a tune will give it better power and torque for a lot cheaper than all your mods you put on already.

Once they are able to get into the ECU and tune it, they will. Thats gonna help quite a bit
Old Jul 7, 2009, 06:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mrbobcat
So far its the quickest & fastest stock turbo Coupe. I would say thats "not bad". I'll get that 60' down and it will go further into the 14's.

The car will be tuned when something is available to tune it with that we want to use.

So you're going to stop modding with only a tune?

Putting parts on and then tuning it is how you normally build a car. You dont tune it and then put the parts on.

A tune with the PA software is gaining about 20hp on a stock car. What do you think our parts AND a tune will do?

Increasing the power of the car 35whp & 35ft trq (or whatever it is up now) I would say is pretty good for a only a catback, BOV upgrade, intake and a FMIC kit. I dont know what more you expect. They are basic upgrades for the car that will be needed to further the upgrade sequence.

The parts will show their full potential once its tuned. With just throwing the parts on and having it un-tuned its running pretty decent if you ask me. Its only going to get MUCH better with a tune.

Quick Reply: The Buschur Racing Genesis Coupe has entered the building!