Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

The Buschur Racing Genesis Coupe has entered the building!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2009, 02:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I understand what you are saying. In my case, since I have a leased vehicle and not a lot of money to spend, I only plan on doing basic things. Like a tune and intake, maybe a mbc and pulley later. Your car will definitely be a lot faster when you have it tuned. But for me, I just want the best bang-for-the-buck. I would be happy with low-to-mid 200's to the wheels.
If I decide to keep the car after a couple years, then I may look to go more drastic with the inter-cooler, injectors, turbo, exhaust, ect. I'm just trying to decide whats the best mods now that I won't have to replace or change later if I decide to do more. It sounds like the tune may not be the best choice unless they offer some kind of upgrade package or something.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 02:54 PM

so who is working on the ECU tunning ?
Old Jul 8, 2009, 04:06 PM

Will be interesting to see the progress.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

Updates?
Old Aug 27, 2009, 07:24 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We're still waiting on a tuning solution for the car.

Our BOV upgrade kit will be released shortly.
Old Aug 31, 2009, 12:23 PM
Former Sponsor

The time has finally arrived! Today Buschur Racing is proud to announce the release our of TiAL BOV upgrade kit and our blow off valve block off plate for the 2.0 turbo Genesis Coupe.

Once we got into the 2.0t Hyundai Genesis Coupe and started to modify the car we immediately found the first weak factory part that was going to need addressed and upgraded before further progressing with the car. That part was the blow off valve.

With such great success with TiAL products it made it a no brainer choice of what to use on the car. TiAL offers the highest quality and most functional BOV that we've found. Made in the USA the TiAL name has a reputation that is built on quality and can be found on some of the nastiest machines on the planet.

The blow off valve adapter is a custom Buschur Racing CNC machined billet piece. A couple weeks ago we received the first test sample from the machine shop and Ive been running it on my car without any issue at all. Since the development of this kit was completed back in May it has been tested on the Buschur Racing Genesis Coupe for over 4000 miles total with no issues.

We will NOT be selling the flange separately. It will only be able to be purchased with our kit which will include the TiAL 50mm BOV (in your choice of Silver, Black, Red, Blue or Purple), Buschur Racing Genesis Coupe TiAL BOV adapter, clamp, hardware, O-ring as well as a wye fitting and some vacuum hose so you can relocate the vacuum source from the top of the BOV to a location more appropriate for an upgraded BOV.

This can be used on any factory based turbo whether it be OEM or the Buschur Racing upgraded turbocharger that will be released shortly.

KIT PRICE: $299

AVAILABLE ON BUSCHURRACING.COM BY *CLICKING HERE*

KIT INSTALLED ON THE BUSCHUR RACING COUPE (Shown with optional Black BOV)

PLEASE NOTE: It is recommended that this kit be used with the Buschur Racing 2.0t Gen Coupe Intake Kit (sold separately) as it will NOT work with the factory air box.

The last piece that we are introducing and releasing is the Buschur Racing Genesis Coupe OEM BOV block off plate. This will be needed if you're wanting to relocate the BOV to a location such as the cold side intercooler pipe.

The piece is CNC machined and features the Buschur Racing logo CNC cut into the plate.

BLOCK OFF PLATE:$32

AVAILABLE ON BUSCHURRACING.COM BY *CLICKING HERE*

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to ask. Both of these items are instock and ready to ship. The only 2 colors of TiAL valves we stock are silver and black. If you want another color it will take about 3 days before it ships.

Thank you for looking as well as your continued support of Buschur Racing.
Old Aug 31, 2009, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

Quality stuff. Looks real good.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 06:16 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by black95tt
Quality stuff. Looks real good.
Thank you sir.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 04:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Tuning starts Thursday
Old Sep 1, 2009, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Tuning starts Thursday
So u guys finally figured out a way to tune the ECU?
Old Sep 1, 2009, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
We did not figure it out but we do have a way to tune it. More information when the dyno sheets climb.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
We did not figure it out but we do have a way to tune it. More information when the dyno sheets climb.
I'd love to see a built head, block and a BR HTA35R turbo on it.....
Old Sep 1, 2009, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Drove a stock 2.0 the other day, neat little car. I was impressed with what hyundai has done. It's heavy, but I knew that going in. Feels down on power, it could easily use another 100 or so whp, but it reminded me of a nicer stock DSM. Only thing I really disliked was the steering wheel, rest of the interior felt fine but the wheel was obviously low-rent, nothing you couldn't fix after the fact but considering you hold it all the time I figured it was worth noticing.

As always: good job BR for bringing the goods
Old Sep 1, 2009, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

subcribed
Old Sep 1, 2009, 09:56 PM
Account Disabled

My friend is getting one very soon. Great work and progress as always

Quick Reply: The Buschur Racing Genesis Coupe has entered the building!