Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

The Buschur Racing Genesis Coupe has entered the building!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2009, 07:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
excited for updates free BUMP
Old Apr 8, 2009, 12:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Today we were able to wrap up our mini battery kit for the 4cyl Genesis Coupe. Installing our mini battery allowed us to drop 25.2lbs out of the front of the car. With our kit we were able to position the battery as close to the fire wall as possible while also lowering the position of the battery. We wanted to keep the kit low and tight to help with the handling of the car as much as possible.

Here you will see the factory battery positioned:

Here you will see the new Buschur Racing Mini Battery kit and how much smaller and lower it truly is.

The kit will come with:
Mini Battery
Buschur Racing Mini Battery Tray
All necessary pieces and hardware needed for installation

The final production piece will NOT have the front empty hole shown in the picture.

Installation takes about 10 minutes. There is no cutting of any kind required.

Price: $299
Old Apr 8, 2009, 12:52 PM

This should be good.
Old Apr 11, 2009, 08:10 AM
Account Disabled

i am loving the new genesis...can't wait till we see what they really can do with mods...
Old Apr 11, 2009, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
Have you tried taking it somewhere to test out the handling?

Power is good and all, but it is more fun for me putting it down going sideways lol

The car I was gonna buy fell through (stupid GM) so I am pretty curious
Old Apr 11, 2009, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Ultimate CC
i am loving the new genesis...can't wait till we see what they really can do with mods...
Yeah, should be interesting. Another car that will try to pull up next to me on the highway unfortunetly.

Really looking forward to see how much power this engine/drivetrain can hold
Old Apr 13, 2009, 07:36 AM
Former Sponsor

We had a good friend/customer of ours who took his Coupe to the track this weekend. Trevor Jones who is also on here as DragNRacing as he is the owner of our Time Attack Evo.

This was his post off of the Coupe forums:
Originally Posted by DragNRacing
I was bit disapointed today with the car. I did not realize there is a factory rev limit when the clutch is engaged at a stand still. It will not rev over 5K. Bouncing off the limiter does not seem to build boost either so the tires were definitely over kill. I tried unplugging some switches under the dash to see if I could trick the ECU and no go. I also continued to bump into the rev limiter (torque governance) cut. I still managed to squeek out a 14.76@92.77 with about a 5-10MPH head wind. My best 60' though was a measly 2.053. Here is how the slip breaks down...

60 2.053
330 6.1117
1/8 9.451 @ 73.17
1000 12.334
1/4 14.765 @ 92.77

Most of my times were in the 14.9x range with 91.xx MPH. I will get the time slip scanned and also have some in car/out of car vids to upload.

It felt more like a .1 of a second but I still was hititng it and it was still slowing the car down. I am not sure on the reflash part, I have not asked the dealer but maybe the car came with it. With the 5K limiter removed and the governance removed, I am fairly certain a low 14 sec quarter would be fairly easy. With an aftermarket tune, boost controller, and drag radials some 13 second times should be easy.

Here is the out of car vid. It was the first time my friend Lil Man used my camera so it is a bit shaky on the top end with him trying to figure out the zoom. In car vid soon...

YouTube - Genesis Coupe 14sec pass

In car vid.

YouTube - Genesis Coupe In Car 14sec pass

Originally Posted by CaliMR
Have you tried taking it somewhere to test out the handling?

Power is good and all, but it is more fun for me putting it down going sideways lol

The car I was gonna buy fell through (stupid GM) so I am pretty curious
The car does handle pretty well by just screwing around in it a bit. I played on the test track a bit out behind the dealer before buying it but thats really about it. I have not had the chance to really take the car anywhere other than just driving it around. I only owned the car for 2 days before we took it apart.

I honestly have no desire to "drift" the car though either.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jrod@Buschur
I honestly have no desire to "drift" the car though either.
lol yeah my post did look like that was what I meant

I actually meant more for track days and twisty mountain roads, not drifting
Old Apr 14, 2009, 07:10 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by CaliMR
lol yeah my post did look like that was what I meant

I actually meant more for track days and twisty mountain roads, not drifting
I got ya. Yeah I thought thats what you were talking about as drifting seems to be a hot topic with the Coupe.

I would like to take the car to Mid-Ohio this year for an HPDE event. As soon as I get a chance I will be glad to report back but im sure you will receive other feedback before I end up making it down there for a day/weekend.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

Yes we will, but we trust you lol not Edmunds
Old Apr 14, 2009, 12:55 PM
Former Sponsor

Buschur Racing Genesis Coupe Shirts *AVAILABLE NOW!*

I just got back from our apparel / vinyl shop a little while ago.

What I came back with was the finalized product of the design that I had finished on Thursday afternoon of our first Buschur Racing Coupe shirt.

These shirts are printed on Bayside 100% pre-shrunk cotton shirts that are MADE IN THE USA!

I have sizes available from Small to 3X instock now!

Price: $18.00

Color: Black w/ white print

FRONT:

BACK:

Up close shot of the back:

These will be available to purchase online shortly or for the fastest service please call us here at the shop at 440-839-1900. We are open Monday-Friday 9am-6pm EST. We take all major credit cards and/or Paypal.

Take care!
Old Apr 14, 2009, 06:30 PM
Evolving Member

Looking good Bro, love the T-shirt.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 09:52 AM
Former Sponsor

Thanks Will!

You'll have to stop by and scope it out sometime.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 10:05 AM
Former Sponsor

As we continue on with the R&D of the "Deuce Coupe" here at the shop we are prototyping and finalizing additions to our product line. With all of our daily tasks at the shop and this being such a new platform the entire R&D and fabricating process is very time consuming when added in with all of our other daily tasks, but we are progressing and moving right along.

The first pictures that you are going to see are our prototype hot and cold intercooler pipe kits. The pipes will be mandrel bent 2 1/2" aluminum and will be available in polished, brushed or a powder coated finish. Each kit will include all couplings and clamps needed for installation.

PRICE: T B D

Next is one of 2 front mount intercooler offerings that will be available from Buschur Racing. The Buschur Racing GC Standard FMIC upgrade requires only MINOR sanding of the inside of the front fascia. I have included pictures so you can see what will need to be done in order for this larger core to fit.

Measurements: 24" wide x 8" tall x 3 1/2" thick

Horsepower Rating: 675hp

PRICE: T B D

Front fascia inside BEFORE sanding:

Front fascia inside AFTER sanding:

Very minimal right? You cant tell its been touched especially from the front of the car.

We will have more on the other Buschur Racing FMIC offering later as the R&D and fitment wraps up with that. The Buschur Racing GC Race FMIC will come in at 24" wide x 12" tall and 3 1/2" thick while being rated to handle up to 1000hp. The price on this kit is also T B D. The Race core will REQUIRE removal or modification of your front crash bar.

Here is the comparison between the Buschur Racing Race FMIC upgrade, the Buschur Racing Standard FMIC upgrade and the tiny stock FMIC.

Each FMIC kit will utilize a Garrett intercooler core.

Last edited by Jrod@Buschur; Apr 21, 2009 at 11:05 AM.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 10:09 AM
Former Sponsor

Looking nice as usual.. BR parts, NEVER released for sale til they are PROVEN!! Nice work guys!!

Mike

Quick Reply: The Buschur Racing Genesis Coupe has entered the building!