Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

The Buschur Racing Genesis Coupe has entered the building!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2009, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sweet, are you going to get the pipes coated black? Would accomodate the engine bay to look more stock-ish and dealer freindly.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 01:05 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by itsme4g63
sweet, are you going to get the pipes coated black? Would accomodate the engine bay to look more stock-ish and dealer freindly.
We should be able to do them in quite a few different colors but yes black will definitely be an option.

I personally think im going to do mine white to match the car. We'll see.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 07:40 AM
Former Sponsor

I cant wait to get everything together and drive this thing.

We have the Race FMIC upgrade done. I will have pics up shortly. I will also have some nice comparison pics of stock, our Standard upgrade and also the Race upgrade. Wait until you see this.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

was the car broken-in before the mods, or "from the dealer straight to the track" ??

Old Apr 20, 2009, 09:49 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by S6devil
was the car broken-in before the mods, or "from the dealer straight to the track" ??

We recommend breaking cars/engines in how they are going to be driven.

The car hasnt been to the track.

I drove the car for a weekend. A little over 300 miles were put on it from the time I picked it up Friday to when we started to take it apart on Monday morning.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 01:26 PM
Evolving Member

Post those pictures already!! I want to see that Race IC
Old Apr 20, 2009, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

both MotorTrend and CarNDriver have full articles on the Genesis coupe this month.... all positive reviews. they mention how easy it is to mod, its as if the factory is expecting mods, and therefore made it easy to swap out parts, and/or flash the Ecu.

im all for it! a great alternative to a whole lot of sports coupes out there
Old Apr 21, 2009, 11:00 AM
Former Sponsor

Sorry for the brief delay guys but thank you for being patient. Monday's here are normally more crazy than the others.

Here is the comparison between the Buschur Racing Race FMIC upgrade, the Buschur Racing Standard FMIC upgrade and the tiny stock FMIC.

Old Apr 21, 2009, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

Damn, look at the size difference in those!
Old Apr 21, 2009, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

those look like some stout cores but i must say the stock one doesn't look that bad, reminds me of old johhny racecar fmic's, but way fatter! how thick is that sucka?
Old Apr 21, 2009, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
those look like some stout cores but i must say the stock one doesn't look that bad, reminds me of old johhny racecar fmic's, but way fatter! how thick is that sucka?
Ha ha, yeah I was thinking the stockers looked like Ebay/Isuzu NPR cores.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

good luck with this project, but i think your old Evo was 1000.....times better car than this car u currently got. Evo 4 life.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 08:07 AM
Former Sponsor

I had some inquiries of "reference" type of "comparrison" pics of the FMIC's compared to some items so this morning I took the time to snap a few more pics.

Compared to a 16oz ROCKSTAR Energy can. Its a subliminal message to not drink coffee anymore and to drink nothing but ROCKSTAR.

Here is also another with a shot compared to a pack of Marlboro's since there is a guy here who does smoke. Buschur Racing does not condone smoking, drinking or use of any other types of narcotics. Tobacco, alcohol and/or drugs can cause serious health issues. Use at your own risk.

As for boost and high horsepower... Yes we're addicted and we "use" those daily.

Its only 3 1/2" thick.

Originally Posted by romogst
good luck with this project, but i think your old Evo was 1000.....times better car than this car u currently got. Evo 4 life.
Thanks man.... I think.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Well it looks like you guys will have enough mods to get me started when I buy mine in a few months. Does anyone know when the stripped down version is coming out with all the track goodies, but without some of the other unnecessary bs? IIRC, they are calling it an RS model
Old Apr 22, 2009, 10:17 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by sspaladin28
Well it looks like you guys will have enough mods to get me started when I buy mine in a few months. Does anyone know when the stripped down version is coming out with all the track goodies, but without some of the other unnecessary bs? IIRC, they are calling it an RS model
It is not the RS but close. The R-Spec Coupe is slated for release in mid summer.

I would have liked to have waited and got the 4cyl 2.0T R-Spec with the track package but needed/wanted a Coupe NOW for R&D. It would have been nice if it was released at the same time. Oh well the sunroof, sound system and HID's arent so bad.

Quick Reply: The Buschur Racing Genesis Coupe has entered the building!