Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

370 Z yielding great HP with basic bolt-ons

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2009, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dbsears
I think the real deal is going to be boost on these guys. The current HR's are so efficient. They make 520+whp on just 10lbs of boost. They damn near crack 600whp on 14lbs. On stock block which has been proven very strong on the HR's. With the added displacement and higher flowing heads they could be breaking 600whp on 12lbs of boost in the 370z. Should have a few stock block 10sec Z's on our hands as soon as some of them figure out how to drive
Originally Posted by dbsears
How is that a waste of time, where exactly in my post did I compare it to the 4G63? I never said anything about the 4G63 I was simply stating the facts on how well the newly designed HR motor is over the previous years...sorry if you don't understand that.
I was using the 4g63 as an example. When you say "The current HR's are so efficient. They make 520+whp on just 10lbs of boost" you should mention efficient relative to what. (For example, HR's are so efficient compared to the non HR's motor that it takes only 10lbs of boost to make 520whp while the other takes 20lbs) This way people can understand you. I don't think you'll get the point so just to recap and make sure we're on the same page, stating a car makes 520whp on "just 10lbs of boost" doesn't exemplify the motor's efficiency.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 09:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Carloverx
I was using the 4g63 as an example. When you say "The current HR's are so efficient. They make 520+whp on just 10lbs of boost" you should mention efficient relative to what. (For example, HR's are so efficient compared to the non HR's motor that it takes only 10lbs of boost to make 520whp while the other takes 20lbs) This way people can understand you. I don't think you'll get the point so just to recap and make sure we're on the same page, stating a car makes 520whp on "just 10lbs of boost" doesn't exemplify the motor's efficiency.
Actually you are the one who is COMPLETELY missing the point. Instead of trying to take what I say out of context and quit trying to argue with me why don't you provide any valid information???

It was a simple statement made to represent the technology and advancements made over the previous DE generation of the VQ. I am completely aware of all the changes that have been made to the HR series of motor....are you?

So to aid in fulfilling your need to correct me the HR is efficient compared to the older DE engine...you happy

Last edited by dbsears; Apr 9, 2009 at 01:47 AM.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
If you haven't jumped into the 370Z wagon now is time for you to dedicate some reading time for this car because it deserves some attention. A regular cat-back are yielding 18whp, an Air filter is yielding 18whp as well and up and that is without tune and retaining the cats.

The numbers are all over the forums but mainly at www.the370z.com. Comparing the HP gains against a turbo car is comparing apples to oranges so with that being said the 370Z is getting phenomenals dyno numbers with basic bolt ons.. what is your take on this guys?

http://www.the370z.com/intake-exhaus...18hp-each.html

here is another 20whp plus with just air filters :

http://www.the370z.com/intake-exhaus...pressions.html

14whp on headers:

http://www.the370z.com/intake-exhaus...rs-370z-4.html

and here is some 19whp/18lb-tq on just HFC:

http://www.the370z.com/intake-exhaus...whp-18wtq.html

One word comes to my mind: Awesome!!

Carlos

Wonderfully broad torque and a smooth steady hp curve. Very nice.