Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Think twice before you say: best bang for your buck for $30k

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2009, 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
So how do you know the dash rattles if the car is not even on the market yet? have you ride on the car before you make your ignorant conclusions?. Plastic interiors? do you recall how is the Evo interior is?

Two valve technology is OK, as long as the valves are big they do the job of 4 small ones or 5 small ones. My LS7 engine pulls in 6th gear at 650rpm without issues. Look at the fastest production car with the fastest Nurburgring times, are the two valve pushrods? YES, ZR1 and Viper ACR. Where are the Ferraris with 5 valve per cylinder and all that BS? Exactly!

Do you recall that comparo with the Porsche Turbo, the GTR, the Z06 and the Viper? Guess who won by far? it had a two valve pushrod engine buddy!

I like to read some of the replies, it truly shows the level of knowledge many people are willing to display, they hate the car before they even had a chance to sit, touch, feel the materials first hand. When is this crap going to stop?, when are the people goping to actually use the brain to make a decently intelligent comments? As fars as I know I could sit here and always say that Mitsubishi built POS cars and that the interiors are crap and all that but in reality I couldn't just do that without doing some real assement(reading reports, driving the car, watching videos, going to see the cars at the dealers and seen it first hand).

It seems like it doesn't matter if the car is sucessful or not, just because you are willing to say that GM makes crap cars that is all you care about. Look, for a long time we all know americans cars were built cheap but there are exceptions, some cars are actually very well built like the new Cadillacs, you just can't turn your head to it. Be more flexible, take a saturday morning and go and actually visit dealers like I do, I sit on cars, snap pictures and once in a while I test drive cars.

Carlos
Guess what? I work for Gm and I hate their junk. Trust me many corners were cut on this car in the interior dept in order to keep the cost down so I am sure it will rattle just like every GM car made to date but don't worry they will issue a TSB which will bandaid the problem by placing a piece of sticky felt where the rattle is coming from.

What a bunch of junk.... Seriously.

I hope you like it though and torque is cool, I mean every garbage truck on the road has a sweet detroit v-8 in it

Enjoy the camaro it comes with a digital 8 track player which all retro sackriders should not be with out.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 10:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Why do you even work for GM with statements like that??? Honestly how many corners do you think were cut in your econobox? All manufactures do it...I am sure you would know that though right?
Old Apr 15, 2009, 12:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dbsears
Why do you even work for GM with statements like that??? Honestly how many corners do you think were cut in your econobox? All manufactures do it...I am sure you would know that though right?
I work for them because they pay for my econobox That does not mean I like what they make.

It is still an ugly car that has sucked since 1967 or whenever they were released

Now the vette on the otherhand is a nicer car by FAR and although it is not 30k it shows that they don't have to make crap all the time.

The c6 corvette and the new gto were the 2 most well put togther cars in quite some time.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
I was actually watching some videos on Youtube of the SRT-8 challenger that ran a mediocre 13.8@103 and 0-60 in 5.5 sec. That is not fast in my book, this car had the 6.1l Hemi and rear limited slip and while it weights almost two tons(a little bit more than the Camaro) the Camarao instead blow its doors.

I think the Dodge Challenger SRT-8 looks nicer than the Camaro but then it cost much more also and is not as quick. Apparently they might even bring a SRT-10 motor to it.

Carlos
See that's the thing, The Challenger is just a 300C coupe, with better bodywork. That's not all bad, but the 300C is just old tech. The powertrains are even older. GM actually knows its going to have to sell base V6 models, so they put a lot of attention there. The 300hp V6 in the Camaro will put the hurting on a Mustang V6 or Challenger V6, its not too far down from the V8s. That's why I think the Camaro will be a big success, but only if its easy for all those women to get in and feel comfortable driving. I think the car will have too many blindspots and may be just too damn big, but I haven't seen one in person yet. As nice as the V8 is, its the women buying the V6 autos that are going to make or break these cars, whoever sells more of them will win.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Um....it's a GM
Old Apr 15, 2009, 08:38 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BBYBruno
Um....it's a GM
Yes it is, very good.

Some of these comments remind me of the responses I got on the Subaru forums when I announced my intention to buy an Evo VIII a few years ago. "it's a mitsu", "you may not have a warranty in the near future"(right after mitsu's bailout), other miscellaneous comments regarding a shoddy history of build quality and how I should expect to spend a significant amount of time working on my own car, and other blah blah, my car is the betterest car evar comments.

Surprisingly, it was a pretty good car that was fun to drive and I'm certainly glad I didn't listen to experts of the internets and skip it solely because it was a Mitsubishi. . I'd have missed out on a great car.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

Just look at GM's production systems compared to import auto manufacturers, it's pathetic. And GM's been operating for 101yrs.