Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

What luxury car should I buy/lease?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2009, 01:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybach
Old Jun 4, 2009, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Alexander
09 Acura TL Tech SH-AWD

Great looking car with an amazing, tech filled interior. Also pretty quick, sounds great and handles with virtually no understeer (referring to the SH-AWD). Acura runs really good lease specials and they hold their value better than any other luxury brand.
Boss just got one I drove it and really liked it. I was jealous of how plush and all the gadgetry in there. BTW 20-30k a month you could swing a maybach with driver.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 01:28 PM
Evolving Member

lexus ls460 or ls600HL
Old Jun 4, 2009, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

At 20-30k a month the cheapest car I would get is a brand spankin new RS4. If you're not too concerned about having 4 seats and a large boot then that opens up a ton more options. RS4, M3 sedan would be my choices for cars with decent space and decent sportiness. If you don't need 4 spacious seats, 4 doors, and a big boot... hmmm... I think if I got picked up by a business partner (or business partner to be) in anything other than an Aston Martin. The V12 Vantage would be a great car. There's tons and tons of options out there though for someone that makes as much as you I'm surprised the Evo is your only car.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

Old Jun 4, 2009, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

or a lame audi...
Old Jun 4, 2009, 01:38 PM
Account Disabled

^^^^^ Yep, that is what I was talking about.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TheDream
^^^^^ Yep, that is what I was talking about.
thats a GranTourismo
Old Jun 4, 2009, 01:39 PM
Evolving Member

Audi S8
/end
Old Jun 4, 2009, 01:40 PM
Evolving Member

Lexus IS-F
7 series
M5
S-Class
R8
S8
Maserati Granturismo S
Quattroporte Sport GT S

The last 2 are my favorite...

Need some more employees? lol
Old Jun 4, 2009, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

I would get a nice BMW but I would not spend 100k or close to one. You make good today tomorrow no1 knows what may happen so personally I would keep it nice, classy and under 80k. I have a friend who just picked up a 08 M5 with 17k Miles for 68,000. When new just a few months back it carried a tag of 112,000.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by UT_Evo
At 20-30k a month the cheapest car I would get is a brand spankin new RS4. If you're not too concerned about having 4 seats and a large boot then that opens up a ton more options. RS4, M3 sedan would be my choices for cars with decent space and decent sportiness. If you don't need 4 spacious seats, 4 doors, and a big boot... hmmm... I think if I got picked up by a business partner (or business partner to be) in anything other than an Aston Martin. The V12 Vantage would be a great car. There's tons and tons of options out there though for someone that makes as much as you I'm surprised the Evo is your only car.
Ya know I have a rather hard time believing this. I don't know too many people that make a 1/4mil a year flaunt what they make on an online forum comprised of people predominately under 25. This screams "hey look at me I need attention" Why post what you make to simply ask what luxury car you want? The op said he's 20yrs old...this makes me think his dad own's the business or he works for the business or inherited it. Maybe I am wrong...for some reason I don't think so though.

Not trying to hate but just trying to put 2 and 2 together. If he has so much money why is his car rather basic besides having bolts on and a big turbo If you were to make ~100k in 3-4 months you can walk into ANY dealership and try ANY car you want and merely show a bank statement. I dunno just seems very odd to me. I know alot of wealthy people none of which flaunt how much they make...they let their success speak for itself.

Oddly enough this is becoming a trend of him posting his "assets" and people not believing him. I really don't understand the need to post what you make numerous times over the past two years.

Last edited by dbsears; Jun 4, 2009 at 01:48 PM.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 01:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dbsears
Ya know I have a rather hard time believing this. I don't know too many people that make a 1/4mil a year flaunt what they make on an online forum comprised of people predominately under 25. This screams "hey look at me I need attention" Why post what you make to simply ask what luxury car you want? The op said he's 20yrs old...this makes me think his dad own's the business or he works for the business or inherited it. Maybe I am wrong...for some reason I don't think so though.

Not trying to hate but just trying to put 2 and 2 together. If he has so much money why is car rather basic besides having bolts on and a big turbo If you were to make ~100k in 3-4 months you can walk into ANY dealership and try ANY car you want and merely show a bank statement. I dunno just seems very odd to me. I know alot of wealthy people none of which flaunt how much they make...they let their success speak for itself.
That's exactly what you're doing. If he does make bank, great if not sucks for him. It was important enouhg for you you to post up two paragraphs about it, that's the sad thing really.

To the OP, for me a Luxury DD needs to be something automatic and scream luxury. Neither the M3, RS4 etc do that. If it were my dime, id be looking at something like an Audi A8L or even a S8, Mercedes S-Class, or a CPO'd Bentley. I think the Audi would be a tad more understated and there for less d-bag ish. You have to remember that if you drive something nice, 80% of people will think you're a d-bag anyway, maybe even some of your less eccentric clientele. I’d play it safer with the Audi.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dbsears

Not trying to hate but just trying to put 2 and 2 together. If he has so much money why is his car rather basic besides having bolts on and a big turbo If you were to make ~100k in 3-4 months you can walk into ANY dealership and try ANY car you want and merely show a bank statement. I dunno just seems very odd to me. I know alot of wealthy people none of which flaunt how much they make...they let their success speak for itself.

Oddly enough this is becoming a trend of him posting his "assets" and people not believing him. I really don't understand the need to post what you make numerous times over the past two years.
Maybe he makes 20-30k a month total from his company, but like half goes to paying employees, and a bunch more goes to overhead costs. So he really only makes like 3k a month? What I find hard to believe is that he makes that much and some semi-high hp Evo is the ONLY car he has. If I was making even just 10k a month I'd have at least 3 cars instantly. Or maybe he has a bajillion dollar home that costs him like 15k a month Who knows. Why does he want to lease a car too? Why not just save cash for 3 months and buy the Ferrari dealership?

I'm not saying it isn't possible, even at 20, but it is kinda crazy.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by WRXEM
That's exactly what you're doing. If he does make bank, great if not sucks for him. It was important enouhg for you you to post up two paragraphs about it, that's the sad thing really.

To the OP, for me a Luxury DD needs to be something automatic and scream luxury. Neither the M3, RS4 etc do that. If it were my dime, id be looking at something like an Audi A8L or even a S8, Mercedes S-Class, or a CPO'd Bentley. I think the Audi would be a tad more understated and there for less d-bag ish. You have to remember that if you drive something nice, 80% of people will think you're a d-bag anyway, maybe even some of your less eccentric clientele. I’d play it safer with the Audi.
Well maybe I am hating...I don't really care honestly. I posted my advice on the first page. I am just saying its rather odd for somebody to quite often post how much they make in theirs posts for no reason other than to attract attention. Believe me I'm not the first one to sniff out the BS...but here's one more useless paragraph