Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

What luxury car should I buy/lease?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2009, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Audi rs4
Old Jun 4, 2009, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you are a big car guy and know lots about your evo I'm sure you are familiar with the offerings of the luxury brands.

Since it seems you will be spending 50k plus to complete "the look" for your clients, I doubt you need advice from us. Just get some bs benz with an auto tranny and drive it like a d***
Old Jun 4, 2009, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

I would look at a 5 series BMW or S or CLS class MBenz. If you're getting this for luxury and also to transport and greet clients, get a comfy classy car, not something with a harsh suspension and such.

Personally, I like the Lexus LS and GS line.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 02:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dbsears
Well maybe I am hating...I don't really care honestly. I posted my advice on the first page. I am just saying its rather odd for somebody to quite often post how much they make in theirs posts for no reason other than to attract attention. Believe me I'm not the first one to sniff out the BS...but here's one more useless paragraph
I never post how much I make to get attention, I could care less of what your opinion is of me. Me getting your attention won't benefit me or my life in any way, so there's no need to waste my time on that.

I posted my income so people get a better understanding of what cars to suggest, I've never looked into buying a luxury car before, so I was wondering if anyone here also has/or has driven a nice luxury car they would recommend. If you think this post is pure BS, than don't read, don't post on it.

This is the first time I've seriously considered buying another car, simply because I had so much fun driving my evo every day. Now I'm starting to realize I need to drive around something that gives a more professional look, especially when I'm traveling for business, or picking up clients and partners. I don't have 4-5 cars because I choose to save my money and invest in things that don't depreciate in value every year.

...and no, this is not my daddy's business. I started it from scratch, if you're not smart of enough to do that, don't hate on me for being able to.

Thanks for everyone who is actually contributing and helping me out, I called up the BMW dealer and will be taking a look at the M3 and M5, I really like what I've read so far on them. Also, the reason I'm also considering leasing instead of buying it is because I can easily upgrade to a better car when the lease is up.

Last edited by MTRJunior; Jun 4, 2009 at 02:37 PM.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Evo Girlie
I would get a nice BMW but I would not spend 100k or close to one. You make good today tomorrow no1 knows what may happen so personally I would keep it nice, classy and under 80k. I have a friend who just picked up a 08 M5 with 17k Miles for 68,000. When new just a few months back it carried a tag of 112,000.
I call BS. An M5 with every friggin option under the sun doesn't break 95k.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 05:29 PM
Evolving Member

If you are ok with not getting a manual tranny, how about E63 AMG.
Absolutely beautiful in my opinion.

Old Jun 4, 2009, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

If you were making 20-30k a month I am curious why you only have evo as DD? I am not making that kind of money and I have a maxima to drive when evo is not really appropriate.
I can't believe you pick up a client in a loud, harsh ride and broke down on the road.

Answer to your question, First stay away from coupe, if you ever have to pick up clients, ladies, get a four door sedan. People don't like to get in and out of two door cars, especially when they get picked up from the airport. Getting in and out easily is very important, especially for ladies.
My recommendation would be LEXUS LS, b/c in Japan we called CELSIOR and people associate the name as car for Japanese mafia.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 05:38 PM

three simple letters GTR
Old Jun 4, 2009, 05:42 PM
Evolving Member

damn dude u make alot of friggen money i dont make that in a year lol!!!! get a simple 335i twin turbo hard top convertable bmw
Old Jun 4, 2009, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

Don't worry about what some people say. He worked for the money, and that's it.
As far as luxury car, cadillac ctsv, m5, rs4, 335i,m3, lexus isf,c63, jaguar, maserati. There's too many.

Let me know when you go, I'd like to check it out haha
Old Jun 4, 2009, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by anjapower
I call BS. An M5 with every friggin option under the sun doesn't break 95k.
I love people that argue about something they know nothing about. Heres a screen shot of options available, add in lux tax, possibly gas gussler tax, plus tax & title.....and your well over 100k. Plus most BMW dealerships deal with Dinan products among other extremely high priced items. I have seen M5's in the Atlanta location over 120k...

Price in a Dinan chip, exhaust, some nice aftermarket wheels, possibly some aero pieces and you'r up to 140+. And yes, there are people that do get their parts through the stealership.
Attached Thumbnails What luxury car should I buy/lease?-m5.jpg  
Old Jun 4, 2009, 08:54 PM
Evolving Member

I would suggest leasing it if you already plan on upgrading. Lease for that 36 months and either keep it, or upgrade to a newer model or completely different car. Don't get a M3. Those are to common. Step up your game with a 7 series or M5. Thats if your thinking BMW. You have to check out the Lexus IS-F too.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 09:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get a used M5 and save some money.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 09:43 PM
Evolving Member

Rolls Royce
You shouldn't even be considering anything under 100k, trying to fit a certain image, might as well not be scared.

Old Jun 4, 2009, 09:43 PM
Evolving Member

M5 or IS-F?