Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

What luxury car should I buy/lease?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2009, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My vote is C63 AMG
Old Jun 8, 2009, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MTRJunior
...and than people wonder why they don't have a lot of money. Like I said I like to invest my money on things that give back, not spend as much as I can on things just because I have money.

Right. Then please let me know which one of those high powered foreign sports cars is the bargain in insurance premiums. I'm in the market too.

To those who care...I came down to 3 cars

09 M3 Coupe w/ premium package

04 Porsche 911 Turbo (10k miles...sick car, limited space)

Audi RS4
But seriously, you can't be suprised by the doubt. IF your weren't really trying to flaunt, you would have said how much you ARE WANTING TO SPEND. Not how much you make. IF you are so good at saving money and being a good business man, the three cars you "picked" are probably too much. I know people who make millions and drive Civics or old pickup trucks. How can we know what to suggest based on your monthly income? An eighteen year old living at home with mom and dad making 12 bucks an hour can "afford" a nice car, has less to do with income, but expenses - in that situation - I'm sure you owe no one and pay everything in cash. So seriously, don't get all bent out of shape because people don't believe you, its just the internet after all.

Last edited by GPTourer; Jun 8, 2009 at 10:52 AM.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had a 09' Black M3 for 2 days last week and it was great loved it!!! I'm a BMW guy over Mercedes anyway............I vote M3 or M5.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GPTourer

Right. Then please let me know which one of those high powered foreign sports cars is the bargain in insurance premiums. I'm in the market too.

But seriously, you can't be suprised by the doubt. IF your weren't really trying to flaunt, you would have said how much you ARE WANTING TO SPEND. Not how much you make. IF you are so good at saving money and being a good business man, the three cars you "picked" are probably too much. I know people who make millions and drive Civics or old pickup trucks. How can we know what to suggest based on your monthly income? An eighteen year old living at home with mom and dad making 12 bucks an hour can "afford" a nice car, has less to do with income, but expenses. So seriously, don't get all bent out of shape because people don't believe you, its just the internet after all.
Good point!!
Old Jun 8, 2009, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh, and I forgot to say add:
1. S65
2. CTS-V
Old Jun 8, 2009, 11:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LI Pinky
lol Bro I love reading your posts...The Haters come FLYING out of the wood work...It's amusing...lol

JUNIOR YOU CAN'T HAVE MONEY AND ASK PEOPLES OPINION ON A CAR IN A CAR FORUM.....GODDDDD
Yo I need to talk to you ASAP...like emergency status, can you call my cell tomorrow?...I'd call you but I don't know how early I can call, not tryna wake you up and **** you off haha.

Thanks for everyones opinions, I'll update you guys when I finalize the deal after I test drive the most recommended cars.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 11:50 PM
Account Disabled

IMO, i would NEVER EVER lease a car! That is just a waste of money, literally! :X
Blaaaah!

And if i were you and have the doh, get an M5!
Old Jun 8, 2009, 11:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Domolution
IMO, i would NEVER EVER lease a car! That is just a waste of money, literally! :X
Blaaaah!

And if i were you and have the doh, get an M5!
I decided I'm not gonna lease, thanks for the advice. I thought of leasing so I could upgrade later on, but I'm just going to finance it and keep it. For some reason I didn't like the M5 as much as the M3, it didn't think it looked as good...but the dealership I went to only had 1 M5 and 1 M3, so I'm going to try to find a dealership with more configurations of both series. I already tried 2 BMW dealers and the first had 1 M3 and 1 M5 and the other didn't even have any M series =\

I'm gonna do some calling tomorrow and see how far I have to drive to get a dealership with a good selection.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 12:17 AM
Evolved Member

e92 m3. thats it. no other considerations =)
Old Jun 9, 2009, 01:00 AM
Evolved Member

s600...DUH
Old Jun 9, 2009, 01:20 AM
Evolving Member

If i buy my next BMW, i would do the european delivery. Saves you money and you get to pick up your car and drive it in Germany. Also, I would order and customize it to my specs. DCT is the way to go.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 01:28 AM
Account Disabled

I decided I'm not gonna lease, thanks for the advice. I thought of leasing so I could upgrade later on, but I'm just going to finance it and keep it. For some reason I didn't like the M5 as much as the M3, it didn't think it looked as good...but the dealership I went to only had 1 M5 and 1 M3, so I'm going to try to find a dealership with more configurations of both series. I already tried 2 BMW dealers and the first had 1 M3 and 1 M5 and the other didn't even have any M series =\

I'm gonna do some calling tomorrow and see how far I have to drive to get a dealership with a good selection.

Ahhh, i see, okay okay! I gotcha. [: Yeah i know what cha mean about not looking too good on the M5. \: Have you thought about the ISF!?! Now that is a ill as car! If you were in SOuthern California, oHHHH mang, there are sooooo many cars you can choice from and MANY MANY dealerships EVERYWHERE!!! Almost every city here has any dealership you can name, haha.
But yeaaah, have you thought, seen, test drove the ISF? Audi R8?!?! LOL! Or even the 370z? HAHA .....(even though that isn't too luxury). Just saying, haha!
Old Jun 9, 2009, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let me get this strait...you are going to finance a car but make 20-30k a month Those cars are like 2 months pay for you...why not pay for it in cash. No point in wasting money on interest...that is unless you want to build credit I suppose.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 12:01 PM
Evolving Member

Makes 20-30k a month and can't even pick a car? ahahaha I call bull**** on so many levels

Post pics of your new ride, until then /facepalm

And for what it's worth AMG Black.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Xolition
Makes 20-30k a month and can't even pick a car? ahahaha I call bull**** on so many levels

Post pics of your new ride, until then /facepalm

And for what it's worth AMG Black.
I've known junior for a little while now gentlemen, and while it might be hard to digest. Junior has no issues affording any of the cars he has been speaking about...Again G/L brotha can;t wait to see the new daily!