Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

What luxury car should I buy/lease?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2009, 06:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dbsears
Let me get this strait...you are going to finance a car but make 20-30k a month Those cars are like 2 months pay for you...why not pay for it in cash. No point in wasting money on interest...that is unless you want to build credit I suppose.
Since I'm still young I don't have an established credit history yet, that's why I'm opting for financing. I bought my evo cash, and while it was a great feeling, I ended up regretting it because I would have had an established credit history.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Makes sense...finance it for awhile then pay it off quickly. With the interest where its at you should be able to find sub 4%.

Here's some on my insight (counteract my earlier bitterness I suppose ). Are you picking up multiple clients? Reason I ask is if I had to choose a car for say sub $90k I would undoubtedly pick up a new E92 M3 coupe. They are built spectacular, have the best looks besides exotics (in my opinion atleast), and have good performance, and the interior is awesome. The S5 is really an underperformer. Its a detuned RS4 engine, still heavy, and okay handling. More of a 335i competitor. The new RS5 should be decent though with rumored 450bhp.

Now if you pick up multiple clients like said earlier a 4dr may be more convenient. You can get an E90 M3 but I'm not a fan. M5 is nice with some wheels and suspension would be a catchy car to pull up in. A new AMG or CLS550 would be nice too. Their interior is much more inviting. They are more luxury cruisers though. If you are worried about insurance costs though M cars have a tendency to be pricier...a E92 will most likely be more than your evo especially at 20yrs old. So expect $600+ a month if you are already paying $580 for your evo.

I think the CLS have more of the "ganster" look when lowered with say 20's. More of the high roller celebrity look than the fancy sports car look. Everytime I see one its a nice car to look at. I work with somebody who has one and they are very nice.

I personally would opt for the M3 but if you want something to please clients or give off the successful persona a high class AMG or CLS mercedes might achieve that better. You could also consider a higher class italian car but then you run into insane maintenance, insurance, other costs, etc. That my 2c for what its worth.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 11:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dbsears
Makes sense...finance it for awhile then pay it off quickly. With the interest where its at you should be able to find sub 4%.

Here's some on my insight (counteract my earlier bitterness I suppose ). Are you picking up multiple clients? Reason I ask is if I had to choose a car for say sub $90k I would undoubtedly pick up a new E92 M3 coupe. They are built spectacular, have the best looks besides exotics (in my opinion atleast), and have good performance, and the interior is awesome. The S5 is really an underperformer. Its a detuned RS4 engine, still heavy, and okay handling. More of a 335i competitor. The new RS5 should be decent though with rumored 450bhp.

Now if you pick up multiple clients like said earlier a 4dr may be more convenient. You can get an E90 M3 but I'm not a fan. M5 is nice with some wheels and suspension would be a catchy car to pull up in. A new AMG or CLS550 would be nice too. Their interior is much more inviting. They are more luxury cruisers though. If you are worried about insurance costs though M cars have a tendency to be pricier...a E92 will most likely be more than your evo especially at 20yrs old. So expect $600+ a month if you are already paying $580 for your evo.

I think the CLS have more of the "ganster" look when lowered with say 20's. More of the high roller celebrity look than the fancy sports car look. Everytime I see one its a nice car to look at. I work with somebody who has one and they are very nice.

I personally would opt for the M3 but if you want something to please clients or give off the successful persona a high class AMG or CLS mercedes might achieve that better. You could also consider a higher class italian car but then you run into insane maintenance, insurance, other costs, etc. That my 2c for what its worth.
Really REALLY helpful post. Thanks for all the info

If I go M3 I'm still trying to decide over Coupe or Sedan. I'm probably gonna end up with the sedan though, so it's a lot easier to carry people in.

I still haven't had the chance to go to Mercedes but I definitely want to see how I like the AMGs before I close a deal on a BMW.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Junior the C63 is supposed to be a nice vehicle. A good friend of mine actually owns one, it may be right up your ally...I think it looks better then the M3 Sedan to be honest...The E63 is nice too but probably unnecessary. Then again we are talking about you...LOL!
Old Jun 12, 2009, 06:46 PM

s63.........
Old Jun 12, 2009, 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
as much as i love the e92 m3 coupe, i just think (personally) that audi has a better aura about it in terms of the perfect sport/luxury mix...

if you ask me, since you're going to be carrying people, i say get an audi s6...great carrying capacity, a monstrous 5.2L V10 from a lambo that revs to almost 7k rpm and AWD...

i've driven my brother's 2008 audi a4 before and i just fell in love with the brand...i just don't get that same feeling when i drive any model bmw...

so if i made your kind of money and i were in your shoes? black audi a6 with black deep dish rims with the chrome lip...if it needs to be lowered, then buy a quality set of coilovers that won't kill the soft feel of the stock suspension

just my .02 though
Old Jun 12, 2009, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

lexus IS-F
GTR

either one of those you will be my hero

this:
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/image...Lexus-IS-F.jpg
Old Jun 12, 2009, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...1&d=1244859660

please get this!!! you have an oppurtunity i can only wish for!!!GT-R is not a luxury car,its a nissan buy this!!! clk-63 amg mercedes.the best car ever!!!super fast super luxury,everyone is impressed with this car,(can i get a job with you?seriously!! i will die for the job,i have the best work ethic ever and the gift of gab.Ill sell ice to an eskimo.keep me in mind honestly if something ever opens up.thank you!
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3D18%26um%3D1
Attached Thumbnails What luxury car should I buy/lease?-2008-mercedes-benz-clk-63-amg-black-series-front-1280x960.jpg  

Last edited by scumrat; Jun 12, 2009 at 07:24 PM.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

I would not get an E92 M3 especially if you plan to haul clients around. I would opt for an S8 or S65 (if you don't need the power get an S 550). However, my dad owned both of those cars and I found the S65 to be delightful and the appearance, performance, and things of the sort are pretty stout.

If you are honestly a CEO I don't see how an M3 2-door is going to establish your presence. Being that this car is based around your presence you want to give off the impression that you are in a powerful position. Most CEO's who have to pick up clients depending on industry don't roll what their employees do. I have an E92 and there are five others at my job, our boss drives a civic, our director a Maybach. To make a point yes some rich people do drive terrible cars and mediocre nice cars but it depends on position and industry.

So if you are in an industry that moves money or technology then you may want a car that resembles that. IMO the best car for you is anything S-class, A8, 7-series, or if you really want to impress a Bently Continental Flying-Spur. A friends dad had a white one and his clients loved it.

I'm in a little disbelief though because you are considering blue-collar luxury cars at your salary level I don't know many people who drive the in-betweens. Much less are as forthcoming with their income, mainly for privacy and security reasons.

Last edited by Boostfiend; Jun 12, 2009 at 07:42 PM.
Old Jun 13, 2009, 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

You have little credit history. How old are you? I've never met anyone making 240k + a year with little credit history.

Anyway, I agree with the 09 m3. However, I personally like the m5 better.
Old Jun 13, 2009, 10:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MTRJunior
Since I'm still young I don't have an established credit history yet, that's why I'm opting for financing. I bought my evo cash, and while it was a great feeling, I ended up regretting it because I would have had an established credit history.
What? Making 20-30K a month, CEO of a company AND have little credit history?

Last edited by TeKiZeRo; Jun 14, 2009 at 12:58 AM.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 11:04 AM

i think u should get a ford focus low profile and no one bothers u oh and great milage
Old Jun 14, 2009, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

E92 M3 or RS4
Old Jun 15, 2009, 01:05 PM

I'm kind of in the same boat as you...

When my Evo got totalled, I opted for a 96 Viper, but with 2 little kids, it's not very practical, so I'm looking for a luxury car with some stout performance that can lug 4 people around.

The CLK63 Black Series is only a 2 seater and they are hard to find, so that's out of the running. Most of the coupes that can hold more than 2 people (m3, s5, etc) are a pain to get people in the back, so those are bad choices too.

I'm down to M5, CTS-V, IS-F, RS4, and CL63 (CL is a 2 door, but quite roomy inside).
Old Jun 15, 2009, 01:12 PM
Evolving Member

Used bentley... best car hands down for an executive.