Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Saab to Koenigsegg ?????????

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2009, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GPTourer
Still one rich man, and I wasn't comparing them anyway. But okay dude, you can't believe its happening, fine. But it is.
Originally Posted by otter
I think you're just having a hard time grasping just how bad things are at GM and how cheap they're willing to go to dump these brands.....

perhaps

but then again, one of my original questions was, whats next ?? somethin like Hennessey buying Chrysler ?????
Old Jun 16, 2009, 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There is a significant dollar value attached to Chrysler because you would be taking over not only the rights to the names of the cars, but the factories, legacy costs and obligations to the retirees and the suppliers. What that amount was finally worked out to, was decided in bankruptcy court and sold to FIAT. I don't know if the actual dollar amount was released, or has been a secret.

Hennessey, I believe, has had to change his companies name several times to avoid lawsuits from unhappy customers. I doubt he has the means to pull together the funds or has displayed leadership capabilities and plans for the future to impress the Obama Administration and the US Bankruptcy Court, the UAW, and the bondholders to secure the rights to buy Chrysler.

Although I heard "Viper" was up for sale.

Last edited by GPTourer; Jun 16, 2009 at 11:32 AM.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Boltz.
^ That thing is awesome
It looks like an outhouse on wheels.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GPTourer
There is a significant dollar value attached to Chrysler because you would be taking over not only the rights to the names of the cars, but the factories, legacy costs and obligations to the retirees and the suppliers. What that amount was finally worked out to, was decided in bankruptcy court and sold to FIAT. I don't know if the actual dollar amount was released, or has been a secret.

Hennessey, I believe, has had to change his companies name several times to avoid lawsuits from unhappy customers. I doubt he has the means to pull together the funds or has displayed leadership capabilities and plans for the future to impress the Obama Administration and the US Bankruptcy Court, the UAW, and the bondholders to secure the rights to buy Chrysler.

Although I heard "Viper" was up for sale.
^This. I don't think Chrysler had to release the amount because they were still private.