Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

bye guys

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2009, 07:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you like the way it drives?
I test drove yesterday and was so disappointed.
Its so quiet I couldnt even hear/feel turbo was spooling.
It was like driving my grandma's focus.
Oh also shifter was vibrating so violently even on idle.
Maybe I'm spoiled by Evo but I'm so disappointed.
But Really liked red cloth seat.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by GPTourer
Actually, that's wrong too. The RA and Evo have the same bottom end, then gen coupe is weaker then both.
Actually no it isn't wrong. I said it was closer to the RA motor, not that it IS the RA motor.

Reading comprehension
Old Jul 3, 2009, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by McTwist
Actually no it isn't wrong. I said it was closer to the RA motor, not that it IS the RA motor.

Reading comprehension
Riiiight.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by GPTourer
Riiiight.
Don't get all butthurt now.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

I'm not. Its just you're statment still doesn't make sense, no matter how its read - even with your backtracking.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by McTwist
No it isn't the engine from the Evo, it's much closer to the Ralliart engine.
How does that not make sense?
Old Jul 3, 2009, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mx4life85
How does that not make sense?
Sigh. Its like, this. The Evo engine and RA are identical. He said:

No it isn't the engine from the Evo, it's much closer to the Ralliart engine.
Its not "much closer" to the RA, its not "much closer" to the Evo, its much weaker then both. This is really not that hard.

Here let me give you a visual

Evo engine >=======< RA engine (notice how they are on the same level)
|
|
|
Gen coupe engine (way down here, not much closer to either.)

http://streetimportonline.com/sio/mi...ed-engine.html

Peace.

Last edited by GPTourer; Jul 3, 2009 at 03:15 PM.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 03:36 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah, I originally wanted the V6. But for around the same price I would have had to got the base version of the 6 and with the 2.0 track you get a lot of extra goodies. Plus it offers cheaper insurance and better gas mileage. I am a little disappointed there are not any "real" power adders yet. I was under the impression the turbo model had all kinds of mods available since it was advertised as the "tuners" car from the start. Guess I should have done some more searching on the 2L as I thought somebody had a tune already good for about 35 hp. I really don't want to put a lot of money into it either as it is leased.
But who knows, if I don't get tired of it in 3 years and still like it I can always finance the balance and get into some big upgrades then like maybe a bigger turbo, cat-back and tune. I'm sure the capacities of the engine and best upgrades will be know by then. In the mean time its still a nice daily driver-definitely the best car I've ever owned. btw, I took my dad for a drive yesterday and gunned it once and he said "yeah its definitely got enough power" and he had several GTO's back in the day...
Old Jul 10, 2009, 07:58 AM

i think the GC's are pretty nice looking although the grill seems a bit too small. if you are happy with it then that's really all that matters. what were you driving before?
Old Jul 10, 2009, 08:26 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Mrbobcat
Yeah, I originally wanted the V6. But for around the same price I would have had to got the base version of the 6 and with the 2.0 track you get a lot of extra goodies. Plus it offers cheaper insurance and better gas mileage. I am a little disappointed there are not any "real" power adders yet. I was under the impression the turbo model had all kinds of mods available since it was advertised as the "tuners" car from the start. Guess I should have done some more searching on the 2L as I thought somebody had a tune already good for about 35 hp. I really don't want to put a lot of money into it either as it is leased.
But who knows, if I don't get tired of it in 3 years and still like it I can always finance the balance and get into some big upgrades then like maybe a bigger turbo, cat-back and tune. I'm sure the capacities of the engine and best upgrades will be know by then. In the mean time its still a nice daily driver-definitely the best car I've ever owned. btw, I took my dad for a drive yesterday and gunned it once and he said "yeah its definitely got enough power" and he had several GTO's back in the day...
For a car that's only been out for a few months there are tons of mods available for it. For most cars, it usually takes 6 months to a year for mods to start showing up. As it stands now, though, you can get exhausts, intake piping kits, intercoolers, ss brake/clutch lines, and basic suspension parts. Plus, I know that AMS is working on a header and upgraded turbo kit. Many large shops are working on the car, and once the ECU is sorted out, expect tons more parts.