Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Drive Like Rockstar On A Roadie's Budget

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2009, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Drive Like Rockstar On A Roadie's Budget

I thought this was very interesting...

Super Car Alternatives

A nicely done piece highlighting budget priced alternatives to some of the worlds most highly sought after super cars. The EVO X MR is the posited alternative to the Bugatti Veyron.

The only one I disagree with is the listed alternative to the Nissan GT-R. The writer selected the Nissan 370Z NISMO; I would have selected the Ralliart, since it is also turbocharged, AWD, and SST!

What do the rest of you think?

Old Jul 19, 2009, 08:38 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats a fun little comparison article but they said the zr-1 is a super car and the base vet is an alternative. then they said the zr-1 is the alternative to the ferrari enzo lol i also love when they say the corvette is a great sleeper car! WTF? lol
Old Jul 19, 2009, 09:15 PM

AOL Autos? Hmmm....

The thing about supercars is that they have no alternatives. I mean, really, a moderately equipped sedan as an "alternative" to the most technologically advanced car ever conceived? Not to mention the other ridiculous match-ups from that article.

The thing about supercars...is that they're produced for people without budget constraints; hence their extravagant price and over-the-top amenities. There isn't really an alternative to the best performing cars. Especially a Bentley, haha.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by harrytruman
AOL Autos? Hmmm....

The thing about supercars is that they have no alternatives. I mean, really, a moderately equipped sedan as an "alternative" to the most technologically advanced car ever conceived? Not to mention the other ridiculous match-ups from that article.

The thing about supercars...is that they're produced for people without budget constraints; hence their extravagant price and over-the-top amenities. There isn't really an alternative to the best performing cars. Especially a Bentley, haha.
haha yeah that bentley to infiniti g37 comparison is a little off but I thought the audi s5 to aston martin v8 vantage isn't bad, third of the price, same luxuries, aston has 50 more hp...
Old Jul 19, 2009, 10:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Veyron to GTR, GTR=EVO X MR, just my 02.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 10:43 PM

"Thats a fun little comparison article but they said the zr-1 is a super car and the base vet is an alternative. then they said the zr-1 is the alternative to the ferrari enzo lol i also love when they say the corvette is a great sleeper car! WTF? lol "
This article is kinda retarded in my opinion
Old Jul 22, 2009, 11:46 AM

I've never been a fan of articles like these, and this is probably one of the crappier ones I've read. For one, the "supercars" are all over the place. For another, some of the "alternatives" are arguably better than the "supercars" (personally, I'd take an Elise over a 911, for instance).

Incidentally, I'm no roadie, but aren't even the cheapest cars in this article pretty well out of a roadie's budget? I don't see too many roadies rocking 328i converts. My protege has 280K miles and burns about a quart of oil a week. Now that's a roadie car.

Clint
Old Jul 25, 2009, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

yea if the "Roadie" cars are 40-60 grand then maybe I should rethink my career choice lol but yea those comparisons are kinda bogus IMO. I agree with what Harrytruman said the thing about exotic cars is they are exotic and none of the alternitives were exotic in the slightest by comparison. Most of the time with Cars you get what you pay for and there is a reason there is a 2x-10x price difference in those comparisons