Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Turbo Genesis Project car

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2009, 07:28 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turbo Genesis Project car

Yesterday we had one of our good friends pick up a Genesis turbo coupe and its become out new project . Today we got a few base line dyno runs and tomorrow the build begins .

Old Jul 21, 2009, 09:47 PM
Evolved Member

Yay for drifting!!!!
Old Jul 22, 2009, 11:15 AM

"Yesterday we had one of our good friends pick up a Genesis turbo coupe and its become out new project . Today we got a few base line dyno runs and tomorrow the build begins ."

what is your build plan? I would love to see genesis 4dr v8 in that thing!
Old Jul 22, 2009, 09:13 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by new041123
"Yesterday we had one of our good friends pick up a Genesis turbo coupe and its become out new project . Today we got a few base line dyno runs and tomorrow the build begins ."

what is your build plan? I would love to see genesis 4dr v8 in that thing!

The owner wants about 400hp for now , later hes planning a motor build but thats months down the line . This week we're starting with piping , wastegate and FMIC ,we'll see where we're at there and keep going next week . For next week we're looking a manifold for the stock turbo , downpipe ,exhaust and some JDM decals for some add HP .

Old Jul 23, 2009, 01:04 AM
Evolving Member

Good luck with 400hp on a stock motor. I hear they blow up at around 350 without stronger internals. I think the rods are the weakest link. I would like to get mine to around 250whp with just the basic bolt-ons and a tune. That should be plenty quick enough for me and put it right up there in the stock V6 range.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 03:01 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Mrbobcat
Good luck with 400hp on a stock motor. I hear they blow up at around 350 without stronger internals. I think the rods are the weakest link. I would like to get mine to around 250whp with just the basic bolt-ons and a tune. That should be plenty quick enough for me and put it right up there in the stock V6 range.

We'll see what the next 2 weeks brings us , right now the goal is to run a 12 second pass . I will be updating with more info and pictures in the next day .

:usfl ag:
Old Jul 23, 2009, 10:37 PM
Account Disabled

Here's a bit of what we did today ...

Last edited by xtremeboost; Jul 23, 2009 at 10:40 PM.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 01:46 AM
Evolving Member

I'm pretty much a turbo newb, but it looks like a SRI and an some intercooler piping with a BOV on the other side, correct? Can I ask where you got the intake and piping? Also how loud is it? I'm trying to decide if I want to get an intake as I hear they are very loud on the gen (at least the Road Race one). I believe there are only a couple other manufacturers right now. The cp-e intake looks interesting too as it has a box around it that supposedly works as a heat shield and uses the stock airbox I think, but they have'nt priced it yet and I bet it will be pricey.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 10:05 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Mrbobcat
I'm pretty much a turbo newb, but it looks like a SRI and an some intercooler piping with a BOV on the other side, correct? Can I ask where you got the intake and piping? Also how loud is it? I'm trying to decide if I want to get an intake as I hear they are very loud on the gen (at least the Road Race one). I believe there are only a couple other manufacturers right now. The cp-e intake looks interesting too as it has a box around it that supposedly works as a heat shield and uses the stock airbox I think, but they have'nt priced it yet and I bet it will be pricey.

The piping we make in-house and yeah its a bit loader but sounds great ! The intake should run about $125 with an AEM dry filter . I'm actually thinking of getting one of these for myself, very impress with the job they did on this car ..

Old Jul 24, 2009, 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

Do you guys have any plans of selling any intakes or piping? $125 sounds like a good price for the intake.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 05:52 PM

I'm interested to see what you guys can make on the Genesis coupe. I have yet to see one around here. Not too many people buy Hyundai's down here in SC... at least in the ruralish area I live in.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 05:55 PM
Evolving Member

How are u planning on tuning this beast??? I didnt think there was any programs out for this yet
Old Jul 24, 2009, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by LOVEBOOOST
How are u planning on tuning this beast??? I didnt think there was any programs out for this yet
They're going to turn the fuel pressure up until it is at the right AFR under boost
Old Jul 24, 2009, 08:47 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by AisuShiden
I'm interested to see what you guys can make on the Genesis coupe. I have yet to see one around here. Not too many people buy Hyundai's down here in SC... at least in the ruralish area I live in.

We're getting things going right away and we do expect to make some good numbers pretty soon . I've never been a fan of ANY Hyundai but this one is VERY well done so much so I now want one for myself !!
Old Jul 24, 2009, 08:48 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by LOVEBOOOST

We're not worried about that , we have that covered - we just need to test parts out and see what works best .

Quick Reply: Turbo Genesis Project car