Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Did a track day at PIR :) and no it's not an evo

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2009, 11:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did a track day at PIR :) and no it's not an evo

finally got them, if anyone wants any high resolution copies, lmk, I'll email them to you lol

here's a link to the whole gallery,
http://cwhitephoto.zenfolio.com/p569628834
some fun cars out there, my best time was a 1:46 on track where a good spec miata time is a 1:35

Old Aug 20, 2009, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

I want a ride, but I'll settle for engine shots. Is this a 4g conversion or a true vr4 with the 6g?
Old Aug 20, 2009, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks good. I not convinced about the chasis though. Those 3feet in front and in back of each axles can't be good. The yellow school bus design (short wheel base compared to the overall lenght of the car) don't work well if you know what I mean..

How does it handle?, Apparently the asian market spec galant spindles can bolt on the Evo brembos, at least that is what I used to fit my bremebos on my GSX(using the 4g asian spec galant).

Nice pictures by the way.

Carlos
Old Aug 20, 2009, 11:02 PM
Evolving Member

lets see, engine is just a SOHC 4g64, I'm waiting for a manifold at which point the car will be turbocharging using 95% stock evo turbo parts, it handles very well for a fwd car, I was running 245s up front with 235s out back, but the rear wheels are wider which stretchs the 235s more so it rotates quite well and breaks away very predictably, I was outrunning Z's, mustangs, camaros, and eclipse in the corners, so I kept getting pointed by on the straights, this car right now is very much a momentum car, as far as suspension goes, it has coilovers, adjustable front sway bar endlinks, larger rear bar, chassis stiffening braces, 1 piece strut tower bar, rear tie bar, roll center kit, and cornerbalancing done. Engine just has a Greddy exhaust and an intake, once again, that will change very soon, brakes are stock evo brembos all around, they bolt right on with 2 piece rotors up front, slotted all around, hawk blue pads for the track, SS lines. so the suspension and brakes are up to par, now I need to get some more power and I'm set. first step will be turbocharging the sohc, running until it dies, and then doing a stock evo 4G63 swap with basic bolt ons, I don't want to much power cuz then all I will get is wheel spin even with an LSD.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
So is that a 4th gen Galant?, did you had to change the spindles to the Asian market galant?
I just went through this hassle. Apparently you can only bolt on Evo brakes on asian market 4 th gen Galants.

Carlos
Old Aug 21, 2009, 09:27 PM
Evolving Member

no, it's an 8th generation galant, and I didn't need to change the spindles for the brembos, they bolt right onto any 8th generation USDM galant....