Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

There is and will never be another Subaru like this...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2009, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
amazing!!! can't wait to see the finished product.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 02:28 PM
Evolving Member

wow , awsome. Should be a sick setup
Old Dec 12, 2009, 10:22 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
beautiful, beast and $$$$$$$$$!! I love subbie..
Old Apr 16, 2010, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

any updates?
Old Apr 19, 2010, 09:18 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah there are a few I posted on here but initially got a poor responce so I stoped.

I'll post up the updates I posted in the Subie Forums.

Also here is a teaser pic to hold you guys over till Monday :banana:
Underside:

Wheels:

Johann @ Girodisc
Old Apr 19, 2010, 09:19 AM
Former Sponsor

Okay after a long awaited time I finally have no more unforeseen inconveniences and I finally got to make some real progress this weekend.

I started with mounting the intercooler core. I decided that it would be easier to mount the bumper and then set the intercooler to the bumper instead of trimming the bumper to fit the intercooler. I have a perfect fit and the intercooler is exactly the right side for the opening. Fabed up a temporary core support so I could fab the intercooler pipes and locate the radiator. Once everything is mounted I will redo the core support into the final piece I want and then paint it.

As you can see the intake manifold has not been reversed and its because I wanted to keep A/C in the car for the long journeys to CA or where we end up taking it. It has plenty of power to run it so why not. Just because its a full blown racecar doesn't mean it can't be comfortable. :ritz:
There are 2 pipes, solid so there is less chance of failure and they are made from SS steal for added strength. 2.5" from the turbo outlet all the way to the throttle body and the pipes are pretty short even for not reversing the mani. The key was not having to run around the stock metal. I just ran the pipes where they would flow best and I'll build the sheet metal around it. The pipes are just tacked for now until the core support is finished and I can have them TIG welded.

Anywho sorry about the wait again but updates should be more regular now that I actually have time to work. I'll be finishing up the core support this week and then finishing up the exhaust this weekend. Then its off to wiring and suspension. I should be getting around to ordering the tire for it in a couple weeks to soon it will come off the lift and sit on its own weight.

Johann @ Girodisc
Old Apr 19, 2010, 09:21 AM
Former Sponsor

Here is the st update as of today. I'll make sure to start posting up here again.

Started on the wiring and got the main bulkhead and engine wiring harnesses modified for the wire tuck and so I could mount my ABS pump and Battery/ Fuse Box in the back. Had to de-loom a bunch of wiring and then add some extentions but it went pretty smooth. I am going to install the bulkhead harness today and check fitment and ziptie all my wiring to get it ready to be reloomed and installed for good. After that its just swaping pigtails and adding some wiring for the sunroof, doors, headlights, taillights etc.. Pretty easy. So I'll have pics of the harness laid out tonight as well as some installed. Also I started laying out the Fuel Pump assy so I am going to at least try and get some of that finished up tonight as well. I would like to have the entire underside of the car finished up so I can get the car off the lift by the weekend and finally have a rolling chassis again so I can finish up the little stuff in the warmer upper garage haha.

Anyways pics are comming. Sorry it took so long but family crap, then a breakup, and then some other progects to get me some side cash are pretty much over with so I can finally start pushing on this and take my portion of this project home. Soon I'll have pics of it outside in all its glory so you guys can see how it all came together....

Johann @ Girodisc
Old Apr 19, 2010, 09:23 AM
Evolving Member

[IMG][/IMG]
Old Apr 19, 2010, 09:39 AM
Evolving Member

WOW very nice man keep the pics flowin... I need to see more haha
Old Apr 19, 2010, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Looking good!
Old Apr 19, 2010, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Clifton New Jersey Lived: Daytona Beach, Florida Lived: Port Orange, Florida
why is there a suby build thread in our holy evo site?

just kidding, looks like its going to turn out badass !!!! keep up with the pics
Old Apr 20, 2010, 06:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Because it is the only subie that is worthy to be put on this site lol
Old Apr 21, 2010, 07:18 PM
Account Disabled

Location: driving the 10 second beast in ohio or running lightmods.net
can't wait till you unveil the exterior completed!
Old Apr 22, 2010, 09:14 AM
Former Sponsor

Soon my friend.... Soon....
Old Apr 22, 2010, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sick build!! Very nice work so far!!

Quick Reply: There is and will never be another Subaru like this...