Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

330i DD??

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2009, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
330i DD??

Ok so the opportunity has presented itself for my brother to pick up a new DD.

The car in question is a 2004 330i with the SMG transmission and it has 50k miles. Price will be about $16,200 out the door. Does this sound like a good deal or should he just skip it and wait for a great deal on something else?

He's kind of grown out of the boy racer look and wants something a little more adult to drive around in daily. He has his TT Supra for the weekends and also a new Honda Fit for carrying around his kid. It seems like a really good deal so that's why he's really curious if he should ****** it up or just skip it.

What do you guys think?
Old Sep 14, 2009, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Just make sure the transmission is in good condition, they tend to not age too well especially if they are abused. 40k car to 16.2k in 5 years seems decent but don't forget sedans depreciate a little quicker than coupes. For sub 20k though it is hard to beat a 3 series if you are shopping for a dd that is comfortable, fun and does not look too kiddy or cheap. He should look for standard auto if he want very occasional 'manual' control of the shifting, if not he should just look for a manual 330i.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4Trouble
Just make sure the transmission is in good condition, they tend to not age too well especially if they are abused. 40k car to 16.2k in 5 years seems decent but don't forget sedans depreciate a little quicker than coupes. For sub 20k though it is hard to beat a 3 series if you are shopping for a dd that is comfortable, fun and does not look too kiddy or cheap. He should look for standard auto if he want very occasional 'manual' control of the shifting, if not he should just look for a manual 330i.

Well actually they want $18.5 for the car. But we told them we will take it if they are willing to do $16,200 out the door. So technically he would be picking it up for mid to low 15's.

It's in great shape. Already driven the car and it drives great with zero issues that we noticed. Interior is in great shape. Overall the car seems to be in awesome shape.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 03:55 PM
Evolving Member

Don't know much about the longevity of the 330i (although I've had two other BMW's) but it seems to me he doesn't need another car of any kind if he already has 1) a car that's faster n' stink and 2) a sensible, hauling-type car.

I love cars. I have one. I could afford many more. Why not just love what ya have and save the $$$$?