Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Should I buy an RS4?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2009, 01:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd go with the RS4 all the way. From what I understand it's the Audi R8 V8 powering the car, so it has plenty of grunt, and a great exhaust note to go with it.

But then again personally I'd NEVER buy a BMW.. to me, they look like garbage, and sound like it as well.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 02:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DO IT NOW! Seriously... the RS4 is the only car I would get besides my Evo. If you need more convincing, check out the Top Gear episode here:

http://www.topgear.com/uk/videos/rs4-v-climbers
Old Sep 30, 2009, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by awdwannabe
But then again personally I'd NEVER buy a BMW.. to me, they look like garbage, and sound like it as well.
sounds like you had a bad experience with BMW... i wouldnt consider the M3 as a garbage.

Old Sep 30, 2009, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
or u can just buy an audi r8 step ur game up lol. i would love to own one!
Old Sep 30, 2009, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

i love the rs4. its a blast to drive. that being said i bet you can get a great deal on a 4door m3 as they havent been selling very well (compared to the vert). if you can find one on a lot, i think they would be inclined to move it.. of course all of this is based on what i have been told, no actual numbers to back it up.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 03:17 PM
Evolving Member

I thought of purchasing a RS4 for quite a while. Personnally I would get RS4 over E92 M3 in a heartbeat.
Athough with any car, there are always few issues.
Apparently there are some carbon build up issues and DRC (struts leaking) issues but apart from that they are suppose to be very reliable.

Pics to inspire.

I know this is a vinyl job and a euro only RS4 avant but I absolutely love it.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 04:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by awdwannabe
I'd go with the RS4 all the way. From what I understand it's the Audi R8 V8 powering the car, so it has plenty of grunt, and a great exhaust note to go with it.

Yeah, you probably had a bad experience with the BMW. Also, the R8 uses the RS4 engine, the engine was developed for the RS4 first.

But don't get the experience of driving an R8 confused with RS4. I've talked to someone who's owned both, it's night and day. The R8 weighs 3400 lbs, it's a near super car stat on lbs/hp and midship rwd is completely different experience.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 04:47 PM

You do not have to worry about timingbelts on this motor because it's a chain motor!The RS4 offers luxury compared to an Evo and these newer models are reliable however maintenance is higher{double the oil capacity}for ex.Occasional electrical issues which applies to most german cars!The RS4 burns more fuel than the Evo...I work on these as a pro and they are great if maintained properly!
Old Sep 30, 2009, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would go for the RS4, there was a guy where I live that had one, he never drove the car, it was ALWAYS in inmaculate condition, dark grey, HUGE brakes, AWESOME interior, I am in love with that car, like someone else said it's the only car that I would perhaps trade for the evo...perhaps....