Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Does anyone know about the Eagle Talon

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2003, 08:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know about the Eagle Talon

Well i seen a couple and the have a pretty cool engine. and the awd kicks *** but does anyone know if i get an ol d school one like 93 and before if the make kits for it so it will look rounder *** and front bumber. Or i have to go with the 94 and over were its like the 2 gen eclipse i relly love those cars. Oh and i say im getting one but not like semi ok condition I mean like engine running but i really dont care how the outside looks im goignt o re do everything project car. Thugh back to the point. heres my questions:
If i get any year kind talon 92 and over do they make body kit that are round and smooth like 2 gen eclipse?
On the old school talons they have the corner lights like fogged up you know like some trucks do so they are not clear the headlight housing so my question is do they sell after market one that are clear?
Does any one know why they got recalled on 1995?
Old Oct 19, 2003, 08:17 AM

i had a 1991 it was fats but it was a peice a crap i bought it brand new but the car was just ****ty
Old Oct 19, 2003, 08:20 AM
Evolving Member

Explain why it was a peice a crap justify it please.
Like im willing to purchase a crapy one as long as the engine works for around 600 and I have around 4g comming ion to drop on it so i would love a real good explination why it blows
Old Oct 19, 2003, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well the 1g turbo's have many problems. the engine's don't last. if you rebuild the motor and take care of it it will last. 2g's are a little better but still have many issues. mostly because everyone that ownes one most likely boosted it up and beat the **** out of it.

but yeah...they do make some sweet body kits for the 1g's.
Old Oct 19, 2003, 08:44 AM
Evolving Member

ok so is it safe for me to say that if i drop like 1 g on exterior and 1 g on engine rebuild and put a new turbo in the engine should last me like another 5 to 8 years
Old Oct 19, 2003, 08:45 AM
Evolving Member

or nstead of rebuilding it just drop another engine they use the 4g63 as well so get one of a wrked evo or wrecke eagle or osmething like that is that ok. to do
Old Oct 19, 2003, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you can just rebuild it. that should be the safest way. might be a little more then 1,000 tho. but yeah as long as you don't abuse it it will last a while.
Old Oct 20, 2003, 08:29 PM
Account Disabled

ohhhhhhhhhhh man I just sold mine, had it for 4 years, I had a 1995 TSI AWD, it was FAST, way too big turbo, Fmic and all supporting mods.

Get an older one, motors are stonger, and the head design is better.
Old Oct 21, 2003, 04:09 PM

Ugh.... Disregard all of the above crap...

Yes, they make kits for the 92+ Eclispe/Talon that kinda round them out, and lower their stance a bit. The cars can be made VERY quick for very little money. The key is finding one that HAS NOT BEEN BEATEN DOWN! That's the hardest part!

The 1G turbo's have a very stout engine, but most have very high mileage etc. Parts are ABUNDANT, and easily located etc. One of the bad things is finding a nice 1G AWD that has a good transmission. The transmissions in the 1Gs is the first componet to fail after high mileage and high abuse! Replacement transmissions are around 600 bucks (for a JDM galant VR4 tranny) and are easily sourced. Email me if you would like some useful information.
Old Oct 21, 2003, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

first off...the person writing this thread....the first gen is between late 89 to 94. Second gen is from 95-99...yes there might have been some made in 94 but they are stil considered 95's. Second for the money the eclipse and talon are some of the best cars that you can buy for the money in terms of acceleration. Very little money in mods will et you goin real fast. I have owned 2 talons before my evo. They were very good to me....and extremely fast...yes they take alot to maintain...just wait evo owners....HA HA! i can't wait to hear all the complaining. But overall the positives out weigh the negatives in my opinion.
Old Oct 21, 2003, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

also the evo engine will not work in the talon or eclipse.
Old Oct 21, 2003, 05:17 PM

I had a 92 that ran well until 80,000 miles. At that point the manifold bolts broke off of the aluminum head (dealer stated this was normal). Other than that the car ran great.
Old Oct 23, 2003, 08:07 AM

Originally posted by favre95
also the evo engine will not work in the talon or eclipse.
That's incorrect, Evo motors I, II, and III, are direct bolt-ins.
Old Oct 23, 2003, 08:23 AM

Actually I was set on getting an EVO. I wanted to wait a year to see customer feedback, ect. Needless to say there are quite a few complaints about the EVO and Customer Service. So, I've decided to get a 91' Talon AWD Turbo or a Eclipse GSX. I want a AWD Turbocharged car, but I can't justify shelling out a $400-500 a month payment and having problems with a dealer about the car.

Try to find a 92' AWD, they have the 6 bolt motor and 4 bolt rear-end. There's tons of info out about Talons and Eclipses, check out Club DSM and DSM Talk. They'll point you in the right direction..........

Last edited by Future EVO-R; Oct 23, 2003 at 08:30 AM.
Old Oct 23, 2003, 08:34 AM

i actually traded mine in for my lancer. it was a 98 esi with is non turbo. it only had 42,000 miles on it when i bought it in 2003. ill tell you this it was nice looked good and everyone liked it, but it was a piece of junk. i had it for 3k miles and my auto tranny needed a whole rebuild. and it wasnt my driving cuz at that time everytime i had to drive it i had to be with my mom or dad because i only had my permit. so after we got that taken care of under warranty it was still banging on down shifts here my motor mounts were all cracked. so i had to replace all them and then i just put in polyurethane bushings. but as far as 1st gens i know alot my friends have them and say this "when they run , they run good". if your planning on getting one i would have another car to drive as well because they are very undependable. the 95-99 awds arent to bad but they do have an issue of crankwalk with them. but for any info yo need check out www.dsmtuners.com they know everything. just post up your question and people will reply within minutes... hope that helps a little later on

Quick Reply: Does anyone know about the Eagle Talon