Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Fp RED on HONDA?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2009, 08:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fp RED on HONDA?

My buddy is considering running my Fp RED Turbo 80mm cover on his honda. Seriously im looking for reasonable insight. He is running a 1.9 liter sleeved block 84 mm bore,his pistons are 8.5 or 9.0.0 compression. Im tryin to convince him that the Fp Red will work!! The car has all supporting mods. We are going to fab the exhaust manifold and use all evo parts. Turbo O2 housing wastegate and modded downpipe and other misc piping. Any opinions would be appreciated? I know other turbos are also good to use but, we want to try something different..

Last edited by DIGGER9; Oct 22, 2009 at 08:20 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by DIGGER9
My buddy is considering running my Fp RED Turbo 80mm cover on his honda. Seriously im looking for reasonable insight. He is running a 1.9 liter sleeved block 84 mm bore,his pistons are 8.5 or 9.0.0 compression. Im tryin to convince him that the Fp Red will work!! The car has all supporting mods. We are going to fab the exhaust manifold and use all evo parts. Turbo O2 housing wastegate and modded downpipe and other misc piping. Any opinions would be appreciated?
honda motors are so much more effcient than mitsu motors , thus allowing you to go with a bigger turbo with less sacrifice , why not use a t3 6262 they make great power on a honda , while maintaining fairly streetable
Old Oct 22, 2009, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, if he has the reinforced internals to support that pressure, it should rip your face off. Thats a lot of boost for that car. Just wait till the vtechhhh kicks in...
Old Oct 22, 2009, 08:16 PM
Evolving Member

the prob is that the fp red is almost instant which will guarantee no traction or more broken parts. for that reason many Honda owners go with bigger turbos because the lag saves them.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 09:02 PM

B series motors love Garrett T3 60-1 Turbos with the Stage 5 wheel upgrade
Old Oct 22, 2009, 11:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evolv3dEvo8
B series motors love Garrett T3 60-1 Turbos with the Stage 5 wheel upgrade

agreed ^ budy has same turbo on his hatch and car is ridiculous
Old Oct 23, 2009, 12:15 PM
Evolving Member

make sure you have a proper twin-scroll exhaust manifold to fully utilize the Red.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 12:24 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Juan MR
honda motors are so much more effcient than mitsu motors , thus allowing you to go with a bigger turbo with less sacrifice , why not use a t3 6262 they make great power on a honda , while maintaining fairly streetable
Not true by any means..

As long as his block is built, sleeves, rods, pistons, bearings, etc then he should been fine with whatever turbo his wants. Preferably Borg Warner but anything will do. It all depends on what he wants.

My tuner for my honda has a BW S372 on his integra running 8.90 in the 1/4 at 160 mph in SFWD class.

Its all a matter of what he wants out of the car and how the motor is built.

As for the vtec comment. With boost you can really feel vtec kick in. For example my car had vtec to kick in at 4600 rpms and boost kicked in at 4700 rpms. You couldnt even feel the vtec crossover.