Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

2010 Porsche 911 turbo

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2009, 09:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Porsche 911 turbo

Here's a vid I found of the new 911 turbo, looks about the same, performance is better though.

500hp 500tq

0-60 3.2 seconds(supposedly) would be quicker than the GTR and ZR1 though.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/P...ive_723171.htm
Old Dec 2, 2009, 06:29 AM
Evolving Member

Mmmmm, can't wait to drive one !
Old Dec 3, 2009, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by aka.ralliart15
0-60 3.2 seconds(supposedly) would be quicker than the GTR and ZR1 though.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/P...ive_723171.htm
anytime you compare any vehicle's off-the-line acceleration with the ZR1, keep in mind, that the ZR1 is RWD, and has 604 ft.lb
Old Dec 3, 2009, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's an impressive machine!

-Bink
Old Dec 3, 2009, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by S6devil
anytime you compare any vehicle's off-the-line acceleration with the ZR1, keep in mind, that the ZR1 is RWD, and has 604 ft.lb
I understand that its RWD but you can't use that as an excuse for anything because the ZR1's little brother(Z06) has gonne 10's on stock tires, granted only one person has done it, but regardless we saw that they are capable of coming hard off the line with a good driver behind the wheel. Also keep in mind, that the porsche has 128 less HP than the ZR1, just saying, I really love both cars and would actually prefer the ZR1 over the Turbo.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very impressed i was kinda eager to see what they were gonna do as a result of the GTR seems like they really stepped it up.. BUT doesnt say what the price tag is GTR still a better buy for the cost
Old Dec 3, 2009, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

I understand that its RWD but you can't use that as an excuse for anything because the ZR1's little brother(Z06) has gonne 10's on stock tires, granted only one person has done it, but regardless we saw that they are capable of coming hard off the line with a good driver behind the wheel. Also keep in mind, that the porsche has 128 less HP than the ZR1, just saying, I really love both cars and would actually prefer the ZR1 over the Turbo.
sure i can use it as an excuse. one car has a 7sp. automated PDK, with specially designed launch mode, and AWD, while the other has RWD, a lot of torque, a conventional 6sp manual, and not much else...

without computer controlled 'launch mode' (which is no small deal!), the porsche would be 6-8 tenths slower to 60, and in the 1/4mile...

btw, im a big fan of most things German, and not many things American... just being fair

Also keep in mind, that the porsche has 128 less HP than the ZR1, just saying, I really love both cars and would actually prefer the ZR1 over the Turbo.
hp alone doesnt mean much. its all about the launch. the previous owner of my evo ran 12.5 twice. when i got it, i had a better tune done, and added 20hp... my best run was 12.8... go figure...
Old Dec 3, 2009, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

sure i can use it as an excuse. one car has a 7sp. automated PDK, with specially designed launch mode, and AWD, while the other has RWD, a lot of torque, a conventional 6sp manual, and not much else...

without computer controlled 'launch mode' (which is no small deal!), the porsche would be 6-8 tenths slower to 60, and in the 1/4mile...

btw, im a big fan of most things German, and not many things American... just being fair

hp alone doesnt mean much. its all about the launch. the previous owner of my evo ran 12.5 twice. when i got it, i had a better tune done, and added 20hp... my best run was 12.8... go figure...
you use it as an excuse now but if the ZR1 beat the Porsche it would be fine wouldn't it Unless there is something seriously wrong with your car then whatever excuse you make just makes you seem like a sore loser because you got beat by a better car or a better driver

its true that hp doesnt mean much in the launch, its the torque you're right, the ZR1 reaches over 60mph in first gear so I dont see your point in the transmission types, maybe an evo that you have to shift to get to 60mph but there is no excuse on that matter for the corvette.

here's a breakdown of the slip that ran 10.9 on stock tires.

1/4 Mile ET: 10.981
1/4 Mile MPH: 128.900
1/8 Mile ET: 7.168
1/8 Mile MPH: 102.450
0-60 Foot ET: 1.772

WOW 1.772 60' no way, from a conventional 6 speed RWD and 470tq. Lesson of the story, get a DRIVER MOD and don't make excuses If you lose get back out there and go practice some more.

As for your car dropping from 12.5 to 12.8, Idk what to say, maybe you changed something else or just more seat time because its illogical what you're saying given the same conditions, good luck with that.

btw my brothers car has a cat-back, dli, MBC and its running on 18psi with a base map and it runs 12.7's on the hot *** Florida weather, so you might wanna have your car checked out if you have more mods than him.

Last edited by aka.ralliart15; Dec 3, 2009 at 09:56 PM.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

you use it as an excuse now but if the ZR1 beat the Porsche it would be fine wouldn't it
your sarcasm is misplaced, b/c u didnt understand what i was saying. if the ZR1 beat the new 911 in a straight line, that wouldnt just be fine, that would be remarkable. i would be very pleasantly surprised, for the reasons i already stated twice.

Unless there is something seriously wrong with your car then whatever excuse you make just makes you seem like a sore loser because you got beat by a better car or a better driver

As for your car dropping from 12.5 to 12.8, Idk what to say, maybe you changed something else or just more seat time because its illogical what you're saying given the same conditions, good luck with that.

btw my brothers car has a cat-back, dli, MBC and its running on 18psi with a base map and it runs 12.7's on the hot *** Florida weather, so you might wanna have your car checked out if you have more mods than him.
once again, u didnt understand a thing i was saying! im not upset or bitter that my car is now slower, nor am i making any sort of excuses, i only mentioned it to make a point - that its all about the launch. if u can get great traction and leave the line, u will have a great run. i peronally cant - i always end up churping all 4 tires, or stalling, or riding the clutch too much.... the previous owner of my evo, knew how to do it right, and ran a better time than i can with less power. and thats the point i illustrated by mentioning my personal experience - that traction, and shifting make all the difference!

now, assuming that whoever tested the ZR1, and the 911, is not like me, and knows how to launch the cars perfectly. yet, he, or she, is still hindered by the ZR1's power and RWD.... in the porsche, u do not need to be a wiz, nor do u need to shift for yourself, u just press some buttons, it revs up to 6000rpm, and drops it... u just hold on for dear life till u hit the 1/4 mile mark...

so once again, im a huge fan of Porsche, and not a big fan of corvettes... yet, to be fair and balanced, i have to say that its amazing that the ZR1 can even put up such low #'s on street tires...

besides, this whole dialogue is about one single street test... and the diff was what, .01sec ?? common!!

Last edited by S6devil; Dec 4, 2009 at 08:53 AM.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 08:59 AM

zr1 does have launch control. It has magnetic shocks that hold the back in down, allowing for weight transfer to be minimal for launch.......just my 2 cents. however all wheel drive can allow for a harder launch
Old Dec 4, 2009, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

its not just AWD in the 911, the car tested had the "temporary overboost feature", and the vaunted new 'PDK', which allows high-rev clutch drops at launch, and dont forget that its an F1-style tranny, with 200millisecond automated shifts...
all im saying is that its NOT shocking, that the porsche puts up such straight line acceleration (at least till ~100mph), not shocking at all
Old Dec 4, 2009, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

besides, this whole dialogue is about one single street test... and the diff was what, .01sec ?? common!!
exactly it was all pointless
Old Dec 4, 2009, 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

all im saying is that its NOT shocking, that the porsche puts up such straight line acceleration (at least till ~100mph), not shocking at all
i assure you the 997tt pulls just as hard above 100. its actually the acceleration above 100 that shocks me.

my mother has a 6sp, and saw the series 2 car (or whatever they want to call it) and wants to trade "up". staying 6spd though, who cares if she cant shift as fast as the computer
Old Dec 4, 2009, 09:15 PM
Evolving Member

It's only numbers, although the new 911 turbo has every thing in its favor, things change for the ZR1 with a good driver and the right tires.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 10:00 PM
Evolving Member

Would compare to the GTR "IF' you could use the launch control, if not it is in fact quite slow if I may say... compare to that.