Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

My LS2 350z--PT88 single turbo build.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2010, 01:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My LS2 350z--PT88 single turbo build.

Figured id post the new build up.

Well I officially started the tear down today and will be getting ready to start building the kit soon. I first planned on using C6 manifolds but that idea was quickly shot down when I tried to put them on the car and they were pointing RIGHT at the engine mounts. So I went out and did it the old fashioned way with the truck manis. My setup will consist of the following:

-PT88 truck manifolds with a 4" downpipe exiting through the passenger side of the engine. Im having the flanges cut off the manifolds and vband rings welded in place. That will prevent me from needing to clearance the side of the car so the driveside can fit and its just a much better connection.
-Twin 38mm tial wastegates. Polished(I wanted black but my black tial 44 turned purple after a month so im gonna stick with ones that wont discolor)
-50mm Tial BOV black
-80lbs injectors with a redone return fuel setup using a magnafuel 4301 pump using -8 to feed the engine and -6 as a return.
-317 heads/PRC springs
-228/228 .588/.588 @114+0 camshaft
-ebay 4" i/c with all alum. 3" piping.
-im going with a custom radiator but im not sure on the specs yet..im pretty much going to build the turbo kit then build the front end around it. Im going to be going with a custom rad. support to give me the room I need to make this happen
-Lingenfelter launch control/2step
-Some form of methanol not exactly sure which brand yet but im leaning towards alkycontrol just from the positive feedback ive heard on this form.
-2.5bar map sensor from a cobalt
-iat from typhoon
-magnafuel external pump

..the parts list will continue to grow as I find things I need for the car. But as of right now I want to get the kit on the car and working and tuned for 4-8 psi and once its up and running perfectly im going to have the bottom end rebuilt and break it in on the low boost tune. One thing im not sure of yet is whether im going to be using my MAF or not. I hear so many mixed stories so im going to try and source a good tuner around here who knows what hes talking about and see what he says. I want to run 10-15psi on the street and maybe 20(or whatever the turbo will take) at the track. Heres a few pictures from what I have so far..

The typical turbo/soda can picture haha

Soda can IN turbo pic..(dont mind the FRCs..they were just laying on the engine to see if I liked them and I didnt)

Little peek-a-boo-shot

This was the original place of the turbo..its just too big to fit.

just a random shot of the car at the track..(hopefully there will be more of this next year)

Last edited by SnyperZ; Feb 3, 2010 at 10:15 PM.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 01:03 PM
Evolving Member

Did a little cutting up front. Im going with a 22x19x3 radiator and the only way to have everything fit in this small space is to cut into the frame "arms" now they dont actually support anything except the headlights old bumper support which I havent had on the car for a while now so I can cut into them. The are still very sturdy and more than enough to support the headlights and the rad/intercooler support. I now how JUST enough room to fit everything nicely.

(this is the turbo side and unfort. theres not going to be enough room for an airfilter like on my last setup)

(this is the radiator side)
Old Jan 14, 2010, 01:04 PM
Evolving Member

Heres the manifolds with the 3 bolt flanges cut off and the vbands welded. They are welded inside and out. Now they dont hit the side of the car when I put them on.

Alternator stays in the same location. =)

Old Jan 14, 2010, 01:04 PM
Evolving Member

After planning and measuring this is going to be where the turbo sits(it will be up higher and closer to the headlight..

Heres the new oil pan.. WHAT AN IMPROVEMENT over my original stock "modified" pan

Old Jan 14, 2010, 01:05 PM
Evolving Member

New Vette FRCs

Heres the start of the piping. Using 2.5" stainless for the cross over and 4" stainless for the down pipe. The turbo flange has been mounted to the side of the car(solid engine mounts) and there will be a 4" flex section on both cross over pipes to give me a little room to play with engine location as well as prevent the piping from cracking from being too stiff. The DP will get a 6-8" section of flex as well.

Heres a pic with the intercooler mocked up to check fitment. Everything should be good. its 31x12x4

Last edited by SnyperZ; Jan 14, 2010 at 01:53 PM.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 01:12 PM
Evolving Member

wow, this is looking really good so far....... good job
Old Jan 14, 2010, 01:19 PM
Evolving Member

wow. :-0
Old Jan 14, 2010, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow... what a great project... this car is gonna be sick.. good luck with it... congrats
Old Jan 14, 2010, 01:29 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow!!! Very nice man.

-Cisco
Old Jan 14, 2010, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

so how does that thing drive, if i may ask ?
Old Jan 14, 2010, 02:12 PM
Evolving Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1ogVIvMocQ

11.3 on street tires..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZqiAdvkZwc
Old Jan 14, 2010, 02:14 PM

awesome...looking good...might have to check it out at lebanon (from the looks of one of the pics)
Old Jan 14, 2010, 05:11 PM

Sick! I'd be funny rolling up to the vett guys and when they hear that v8 they'd be like wtf! How much power are you putting down?
Old Jan 15, 2010, 03:29 AM

God damn, that thing hauls *** lol.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 06:19 PM
Evolving Member

i'm amazed. thoroughly jealous

Quick Reply: My LS2 350z--PT88 single turbo build.