Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Carbon

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2010, 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by pwrofturbo
I disagree. I will say the ZR1 is in supercar territory, but a base C6 is nowhere near there. By that logic you're saying any 997 Porsche is a supercar, any aston martin is a supercar, etc. There are many cars on a completely higher level than that.
I was talking about the Z06...not the base C6 even though I didn't specify. Performance wise the Z06 is supercar territory honestly...I mean look at it's performance. Hell it had one of the fastest ring times for awhile.

Originally Posted by otter
Right there you point out exactly why the Corvette isn't a supercar. A supercar is the entire package - obscene performance, amazing handling, a high-end interior, built with the best parts, all packaged in a wow-inducing design.

Looking at the current top-tier Corvette - it's got performance and handling, but it isn't built with the best parts/materials, has the same old crappy GM interior, and to the layman it looks just like the standard base-model 'vette. It's not a supercar.
I will agree to a point the interior isn't supercar quality but at 70k it isn't supercar priced. I am referring performance wise...that is honestly what really defines those cars and a Z06 outperforms 99% of every car made. If you don't think a Z06 handles good then go drive one a few times...it's pretty wow-inducing imo. You forget about the crappy seats real quickly. Then go drive a 997S for the same price and fall asleep but you have a nice interior and a good cup holder

Regarding the bolded statement thats like saying a lancer looks like an evo...even though the doors and interior might be the same the Z06 is VERY different...

Last edited by dbsears; Mar 19, 2010 at 03:07 PM.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jasil
HP/L let's all go buy Rotary's then!!!! Stupid argument!!!
+1. People who argue that HP/L means anything are retarded. The only way I can think of HP/L being a worthwhile thing to compare is if you are comparing the same engine to a modified version of the same engine.

I don't even know what these HP/L people think they are claiming. Do they think if you have a low HP/L that means your engine is inefficient, low-tech, poorly designed? Because nothing points to those conclusions.

My 61HP/L Camaro gets better city and highway mileage than my "high tech" 210HP/L Evo. But that doesn't mean I don't like driving the Evo a lot more.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 01:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldnt ever buy a z06. but i was in one last week. it was my friends dads. and wow first gear is nice. i have a modded ix 330whps so its not like i never been in a fast car and not saying my car is anything crzzy quick.
As far as interior. nothing special at all . i mean it has some nice points but the 60-70 grand isnt in the interior at all . mostly i think its a straight line performance car. almost like a nice srt-4 but can stop fast and turn fast but not that fast.
my buddy took a corner pretty hard and maybe cause hes kinda newbie the car almost fished tailed. but that z06 was sure a monster on pch. i know we cant tAlk about street racing but .. two $120k cars took a beating that day . but they sure did look nice in the rear view mirror of a 60k car.

so i thought too myself this is what 70k feels like.. id rather get a gtR or just a really nice porsche . but for now .. im keeping my evo

Last edited by sp0rk; Mar 22, 2010 at 01:04 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think HP/lb is what they should be concerned about.