Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Stock Porsche 911 Turbo with PDK vs. modified GTR and C6 Z06

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2010, 12:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Surprised this thread lasted this long.. Maybe IB is now allowing some street racing threads.. Sort of like 6speedonline.com does..

Mike
Old Apr 9, 2010, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
in before the lock for street racin vid
Old Apr 9, 2010, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

in
Old Apr 9, 2010, 01:12 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Surprised this thread lasted this long.. Maybe IB is now allowing some street racing threads.. Sort of like 6speedonline.com does..

Mike
Nope, we just weren't paying close enough attention.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 10:26 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports

Mike
Absolutely not. An even better reason was that no one reported it. It's been edited. Thanks.

Bob..
Old Apr 10, 2010, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
You can go and order one today, order any color you want, any trim or accesories and you will have the quickest stock car available, you can't do that with a Buggati Veiron, you don't see them on the streets, there are no dealers around and there are no Buggatis available and guess what? besides the Buggati right now this Porsche is the quickest thing on 4 wheels so please rephrase your sentence of "it is just another Porsche" because is NOT another porsche .

Carlos

Meh ZR-1 will smoke this thing day and night..

And 599 GTO (not GTB) would KILL this thing.. yes you have read it right: KILLLL !
Old Apr 12, 2010, 10:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Q15H
Yeah - you'll need that extra money for the non-covered warranty repairs (oh yeah, the Porsche has a warranty!!) and the loss of resale value for the mods to bring the EVO within inches of it's life. Not to mention the maintenance issues and costs.

In fact I could build a Honda that would stomp your EVO for even less money.

So, what was your point? Other than you've never owned or driven a turbo Porsche?

But I guess the bottom line is that if the EVO is all you can afford, then there's your answer.
Not everyone cares about warranty, my 20K in matco and snap on tools can fix it. I would much rather work on my car myself since all parts are aftermarket if something goes bad then its no big deal to fix. but anywho if you wanna bring your honda to any track here in socal area my car is ready

my point is i dont care about any Porsche cuz its not just my style.
and all i wanna afford is an evo or and sti thats what i wanna drive.

**** if i wanted one i would have it but i dont..anyhow if u wanna keep going go ahead i could care less. But if you wanna put your car where your mouth is BRING it name time and place and Track.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 02:31 AM
Evolving Member

Lotz of Porsche fanboys here.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dotman05
Not everyone cares about warranty, my 20K in matco and snap on tools can fix it. I would much rather work on my car myself since all parts are aftermarket if something goes bad then its no big deal to fix. but anywho if you wanna bring your honda to any track here in socal area my car is ready

my point is i dont care about any Porsche cuz its not just my style.
and all i wanna afford is an evo or and sti thats what i wanna drive.

**** if i wanted one i would have it but i dont..anyhow if u wanna keep going go ahead i could care less. But if you wanna put your car where your mouth is BRING it name time and place and Track.
Your talk is not going to justify your comments so I'd leave it. The fact you own an evo is nothing special, hell 16yr old kids have them. How many people do you see driving a new Turbo Porsche??? Sure YOU might not like the car but it's far from another Porsche....Curious have you ever driven one or raced one at a track??? They might cost more but there's a reason they cost more. They are a complete package...fast as hell at the race track, comfortable on the way home, and one hell of a looker. Our econo boxes are only good at one of those things
Old Apr 15, 2010, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
I'm always amazed how in everyone of these threads, some Evo owner has to say that they can build an Evo to be faster for cheaper yet completely disregards the fact that you can build a Civic to be even faster than the Evo for cheaper, thus negating their idea of cheap speed=ta awesomeness. I'd take the 911 Turbo over a heavily modified Evo any day of the week.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 07:33 AM
Evolving Member

The technology supporting the 911 is amazing. While I will never buy a German car, I do respect the performance and engineering of this one. I also don't like american muscle, but I respect the ZR1 and Viper.

I agree with Carlos, 911 is a stock monster....... (still waiting for Nurburgring times) & other track times....

I will stick with my GTR and Evo. I love both cars a ton.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

I'm going to go as far as to say I drive a modified Evo because its the best fastest/best handling car I can afford, since I can't afford a car like the 911T...
Old Apr 16, 2010, 08:43 AM
Evolving Member

My friend who owned one for a while (finance mgr at a dealership) said that he didn't like the daily driving because it rides too low? anyone else experience this? I've never driven one myself, but would like to. My dream car would be the Aston Martin Vanquish hands down!
Old Apr 16, 2010, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
My friend has a 911 Turbo and he daily drives it. While the front is low, it's probably no worse than some of the Evos on here. The front end is a lot more expensive though.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ravnos04
My friend who owned one for a while (finance mgr at a dealership) said that he didn't like the daily driving because it rides too low? anyone else experience this? I've never driven one myself, but would like to. My dream car would be the Aston Martin Vanquish hands down!
I just raised my Evo a 1/2 inch higher because I had failed safety inspection for not having 3" clearance EVERYwhere under the car... passed now, but barely... I doubt the 911T has lower ground clearance than that honestly...

Quick Reply: Stock Porsche 911 Turbo with PDK vs. modified GTR and C6 Z06