Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

RS4, tuning, s/c

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2010, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RS4, tuning, s/c

Anyone here have first-hand knowledge about RS4s?? Not just something you read in a mag, but have actually seen/heard about s/c for the 2006-2008 RS4.

I'm looking to get the B7 RS4, and cant find much info on "tuning". Granted the vehicle was optimized at the factory, and not much room was left for power upgrades (esp considering its already a high revving V8), I have heard of supercharger systems for that setup. So far, I have found a few places that specialize in Audis, but they are all in Cali...

I am not looking to experiment, or mess around, or ship the car 'across the country for 6 months'... only a proven system by an established tuner would do, and I need the North East region.

Who can shed some light?

Thanks.
Old May 27, 2010, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well I have been around them some and know the basics. APR and Giac seem to be popular. I know MTM does some supercharging for them. Stasis is a good place for suspension and brakes. I think ABT might have one as well and I heard something about APR releasing there supercharger kit.

You may want to talk to Most-Wanted. He has a thread here but deleted his posts for some reason. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ot...ion-rs4-3.html I believe his was tuned from APR and has Stasis Ohlins and some other stuff. Maybe see what he says.
Old May 27, 2010, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Since you're in NY - Stratmosphere has ties with Oberscheider, another Great Audi tuner.
Old May 27, 2010, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

thanks guys...

btw, if you know, is the cars' OEM suspension/brakes/tranny/clutch good enough to take on the added power from a s/c ? would i need to touch anything else, after the addition of the power mod ??
Old May 28, 2010, 04:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by S6devil
thanks guys...

btw, if you know, is the cars' OEM suspension/brakes/tranny/clutch good enough to take on the added power from a s/c ? would i need to touch anything else, after the addition of the power mod ??

For daily driving or Track use?
Old May 28, 2010, 04:48 AM
Evolved Member

On long island there is a really good shop owned by a gentlemen named Ed. It's called Forced Fed Engineering. They are located in Deer Park, Long Island. And specialize in Audi and VW specifically. Might be worth giving them a call.

Theres another shop called Elite Motor sports in Patchogue, Long Island that does Audi's, but they couldn't handle doing a set of brakes and rotors on a friends Volvo, so im not gonnna recommend them lol
Old May 28, 2010, 04:51 AM
Evolved Member

btw if you need anything just shoot me a pm I can get you the shop info.
Old May 28, 2010, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by meanmud
For daily driving or Track use?
strictly DD
Old May 28, 2010, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

nose heavy.. handles slightly better than same era s4 but decently faster. s/c options are crazy expensive, but its a real nice car. hell of an exhaust note thats for sure.
Old May 28, 2010, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jjm4life
nose heavy.. handles slightly better than same era s4 but decently faster. s/c options are crazy expensive, but its a real nice car. hell of an exhaust note thats for sure.
i dont much care about extreme handling, as i dont plan on taking it to the track every week (to say the least).

yes, i have been reading that since it is so optimized in stock form, the power gains are minimal for such huge investments. maybe i can find one thats already built (of course then the issue is reliability - and im not interested in going to the shop every weekend).

as far as exhaust, yes, insane!
Old May 28, 2010, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
VF, PES, MTM, or APR and I would recommend the APR or VF S/C. We'll talk more... I miss the evo Other than the S/C mods are not that expensive. I did a straight pipe conversion and cost me $200. If you want a complete system the GMG is the best in my opinion and is $1595. Tune from APR was $600. Car feels great...

Last edited by Most-Wanted; May 28, 2010 at 11:51 AM.
Old May 28, 2010, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

seems like most agree - the mods arent worth the $. any decent s/c kit will run $15k!!! and barely gives you a half second in the 1/4mile.
and there isnt that much to do if staying n/a
Old May 28, 2010, 03:54 PM
Evolving Member

I bet EPL in CT could do something for you. I dont think ill ever get rid of my st3 b5 maybe when I get tired of the k04's ill build it and run some tial's. S/C on the RS4 would be really fun for a big car.
Old May 28, 2010, 06:52 PM
Evolving Member

not recommending a RS4 at all.... not thinking about an E46 m3?
audi has a pretty bad hit or miss chance. i recommend you should ask different folks on
audi forums. used ones have jaw dropping low price of 40k +-

My first car was an audi as well, fairly disappointed.
Old May 28, 2010, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

i need awd. so no m3 for me

as far as owning an audi, i know, i've had 3 over the years!