Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Bye bye Evo, Hello C6

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2010, 11:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by wreckless969
I think the main hate comes from the fact that the Evo is an excellent performance machine that is the perfect DD. Where as the Vette is also very capable but it is a summer car and also modulation of the gas has to be very percise during any time of wet conditions.

The Evo is the Vette but far more practicle of a car for DD/family use.
4 door family car FTW

Mikey
Old Jun 6, 2010, 11:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats! Your now old! Lol! My business partner just trade his 350z nismo edition for a yellow c6 zo6. Definately a quick car but ain't got sh*t on the Evo! To each his own! I gues you were expecting these kinds of responses on a Evo forum! Join a vette forum and then here good thing you got rid of that ricer kid car sonny! Lol! Have fun!
Old Jun 6, 2010, 11:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Personally, I don't understand the allure of Corvettes. But to each their own

But, if you are going to mod your Vette, you should go to LG Motorsports. Of course, LG is a close family friend
Old Jun 7, 2010, 12:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Erik@MIL.SPEC
Personally, I don't understand the allure of Corvettes. But to each their own

But, if you are going to mod your Vette, you should go to LG Motorsports. Of course, LG is a close family friend
Well I don't know what it is for the Vette specificaly but I do know that even being a Mitsu guy thru and thru I still love the sound of a v8 and one day plan to have atleast 1 supercharged v8 to play with.

Though itll either be a fox body mustang or a 4th gen firebird.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 12:16 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by wreckless969
Well I don't know what it is for the Vette specificaly but I do know that even being a Mitsu guy thru and thru I still love the sound of a v8 and one day plan to have atleast 1 supercharged v8 to play with.

Though itll either be a fox body mustang or a 4th gen firebird.
If you're going to give me a V8, I'll take a Ford GT. Or a Ferrari. Or maybe a new M3. Not a muscle car fan myself, except for maybe old school Camaro's But, to each their own
Old Jun 7, 2010, 12:19 AM
Evolved Member

Ferrari 458 FTW! Sure I would take one I would take a vet too if someone gave me one, then I would turn around and sell it for evo parts!

Mikey
Old Jun 7, 2010, 12:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Erik@MIL.SPEC
If you're going to give me a V8, I'll take a Ford GT. Or a Ferrari. Or maybe a new M3. Not a muscle car fan myself, except for maybe old school Camaro's But, to each their own
Well I ment a V8 I could afford

I picked sutff that was realtivly cheap to buy and cheaper to mod.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 12:41 AM
Evolving Member

Nice corvette. Not really a big fan of them too. I'm not familiar with prices over there, but I would have gotten an M3, GTR, or Exige instead.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 12:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by crazy eyes
i would have gotten an m3, gtr instead.
+1
Old Jun 7, 2010, 12:52 AM
Evolved Member

If I had to get an fun/cheap V8 to drive, it will be the new Camaro SS, I'm in love with it .

But C6 still nice!
Old Jun 7, 2010, 12:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Crazy Eyes
Nice corvette. Not really a big fan of them too. I'm not familiar with prices over there, but I would have gotten an M3, GTR, or Exige instead.
you can rule the exige out for sure. on a lighter note last year i had a friend at work was drinking a coke and you know coke does the win awards with the bottle cap every year. i could not believe it till he showed me the cap. he bought one from the drink machine and he won a covette. lol he had to choose vette of his choice or 37k in cash he had a baby on the way so he choose the cash but it was amazing to see somebody actually win that
Old Jun 7, 2010, 12:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HxllxMan
If I had to get an fun/cheap V8 to drive, it will be the new Camaro SS, I'm in love with it .

But C6 still nice!
You go drive your 4500 lbs pig around then. The car looks sick but it is a joke as far as performance goes imo.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 03:43 AM
Evolved Member

Back when I was limited to 1 car, the Evo was the only choice. Once I got a DD, the Evo saw mostly race duty and an occasional ride to work.

The Evo is an amazing chassis, and the mods on mine were perfect. As a toy car/Sunday driver, it just doesn't cut it. I don't know if the naysayers are just haters, or are magazine racers but you're out of your mind for knocking build quality when compared to Mitsubishi. AND you're even more insane to suggest that the C6/Z51 doesn't handle well. Keep living in dreamland.

The Evo is phenomenal, you can't hide that, but I've never understood the fanboy mentality. It's just a car, and a car with a LOT of shortcomings from the factory. It took me years to setup mine to be a truly capable race car. And in that time, I had the car in for $15,000 of various warranty repairs.

Things I'll miss: ice racing!!, HUGE trunk and backseat convenience, amazing headlights

Things taking their place: torque. Everywhere. drop top, gorgeous styling, amazing paint, phenomenal stereo, tons of electronic goodies (HUD, FTMFW), beating my Evo buddies at the AutoX.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 03:58 AM
Evolving Member

mmmm I love the way the new vettes look. and you got a targa top.. nice buy good luck with it

Buddy
Old Jun 7, 2010, 04:02 AM
Evolved Member

When I come back to the north east I'd like to test that AutoX theory.

Originally Posted by avengerhed
Back when I was limited to 1 car, the Evo was the only choice. Once I got a DD, the Evo saw mostly race duty and an occasional ride to work.

The Evo is an amazing chassis, and the mods on mine were perfect. As a toy car/Sunday driver, it just doesn't cut it. I don't know if the naysayers are just haters, or are magazine racers but you're out of your mind for knocking build quality when compared to Mitsubishi. AND you're even more insane to suggest that the C6/Z51 doesn't handle well. Keep living in dreamland.

The Evo is phenomenal, you can't hide that, but I've never understood the fanboy mentality. It's just a car, and a car with a LOT of shortcomings from the factory. It took me years to setup mine to be a truly capable race car. And in that time, I had the car in for $15,000 of various warranty repairs.

Things I'll miss: ice racing!!, HUGE trunk and backseat convenience, amazing headlights

Things taking their place: torque. Everywhere. drop top, gorgeous styling, amazing paint, phenomenal stereo, tons of electronic goodies (HUD, FTMFW), beating my Evo buddies at the AutoX.

Quick Reply: Bye bye Evo, Hello C6