Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

David Buschur's newest project, old school with modern power.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2010, 11:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is going to be plain nasty, old school with new BR technology.......can't beat that.
Anything I can help with David, give me a shout.

___
Carlos Tirado
Old Jul 22, 2010, 11:52 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Absolutely Awesome! I want to do something like this with a Factory Five Hot Rod(or Cobra) and a 4B11, but the investment in time is killing it for me.

Can't wait to see a finished product.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

rad rides by troy, built a AWD 32ford it is very cool I think the drive train is from a cyclone. Troy builds some mean machines. Love the 41 *****'s project any pic's?. My Pop's has a 59 we put a 289 ford in it cams/highrise mani/750cfm and vintage surf boards on top. Not fast but really cool.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Factory Five makes a '33 Hot Rod that is bad *** and will pull over 1g in the corners, that is what I looked at to begin with. The problem is the initial cost is way too much, $20,000 just for the chassis/body/suspension. The Cobra would be killer too.

This project shouldn't break the bank, I'm building it all at home instead of at the shop. Also sold off some stuff to build it, I just sold my Harley and old car trailer. From here out I don't see a big investment in finishing it, a lot of time though.

I'd like to get it done and driving before winter. Then I'll take it back apart over the winter and paint and coat everything. That way I can make sure all the welding is done and it actually runs/drives nice.

BTW, I'll be using a Haltech on this for engine management.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

The *****'s is in the newest DSport DVD, go pick up the magazine and the DVD comes with it. The BadBish is in the magazine and the DVD will make all but the haters laugh, we did a bunch of stupid stuff in it, you'll see the comedian in me come out.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 12:06 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah the FFR hot rod is awesome and is a great package, but with the cost you can easily get into the mid 30s for a build. While that's still fine in my book, if I'm dropping 30K on a car it's going to have AC/Heat modern luxuries.

The cobra you can start out with a 'base' car around 12 or 14 and part it together over time finding cheaper sources/a roller 5.0, but that's a lot and that's a TINY car.

Since I'm likely not doing mine, I'll try and live vicariously through you.

I think you should do a digital camouflage paintjob on it =D

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Factory Five makes a '33 Hot Rod that is bad *** and will pull over 1g in the corners, that is what I looked at to begin with. The problem is the initial cost is way too much, $20,000 just for the chassis/body/suspension. The Cobra would be killer too.

This project shouldn't break the bank, I'm building it all at home instead of at the shop. Also sold off some stuff to build it, I just sold my Harley and old car trailer. From here out I don't see a big investment in finishing it, a lot of time though.

I'd like to get it done and driving before winter. Then I'll take it back apart over the winter and paint and coat everything. That way I can make sure all the welding is done and it actually runs/drives nice.

BTW, I'll be using a Haltech on this for engine management.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

Very cool project, Dave!
Old Jul 22, 2010, 12:17 PM
Evolving Member

factory five cobra should have a 427 big block with turbo, that would be better than 4b11 or 4g63, just my opinion.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

my dad has been wanting to do a rat rod for awhile now. maybe i should have a sitdown with him and c how serious he was about it.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

evoxsi,

I wanted to do a rat rod too but the cost for a steel body piece of junk was more than I got this glass body/chassis for. This won't be finished to show specs because I had Rat Rod in mind, going to do this body is some flat color, what color I'm not sure of yet.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 01:40 PM

The owner of the machine shop I run has a little collection. We built a 32 Ford Englia, he bought from a museum in New Zealand. Its a 2.3 turbo Ford from a turbo thunderbird, with th400 trans, 4 wheel disc, 9 inch rear, power brakes and steering. We just finished a 35 chevy rat rod truck. Got a 350 with th400, 9 inch rear, power steering and brakes. We z'ed the frame behind the cab so its low and we cut and sectioned the front solid axle to drop it 3 inches. Its also a soft top convertible now. He's got a 31 dodge truck thats restored to oem and a 51 ford f1 truck thats we put a 454 in and all the power steering and disc brakes and fiberglass front tilt hood. He obviously likes the comforts of new stuff under his old frames. Its alot of fun, hell I stay late after work just to make parts for his cars.
Have fun with it Dave.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
What a great project. I love the old stuff.... Keep us updated with pic....
Old Jul 22, 2010, 01:44 PM

And most his parts come from swap meets and friends. Some of the steering racks we have used came off nissans and other odd cars. Dont spend the money from a company that makes specific parts for a car if you have the means to make something lying around work, if it fits the specs.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 01:55 PM
Account Disabled

Now that is sick sick stuff there.

Props to Buschur!
Old Jul 22, 2010, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

looks dangerously fast.. i like it.

Quick Reply: David Buschur's newest project, old school with modern power.