Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

David Buschur's newest project, old school with modern power.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2010, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
David Buschur's newest project, old school with modern power.

So I got a bug up my back side to start a new project. The thrill for me in all this is building and designing the parts, generally once a car is completed I get bored with it and sell it off. I sold off all my old cars in the last few years and I'm down to the RS and my Shelby Mustang.

I wanted to build a cool street rod and I decided on a '32 Ford three window coupe.

A few weeks ago I found what I was looking for at the Goodguys show in Columbus and bought it. Since then I've got the steering column mostly in, brake pedal done, test fitted the DSM seats I am using.

I'm now waiting on the remainder of the steering shaft components, transmission and to put the engine together.

Plans for the car.

I'm building one of our 2.3 liter engines, 10:1 compression, Stage 3 head, BF272 cams.

I'll be building some crazy twin scroll stock style header for an FP Red to be used, that combined with the 2.3 should work well for the TH400 autotrans that is going in the car. The turbo will face the front of the car and I'd like to have the filter/turbo inlet end up just out a little wider than the grille shell.

On the other side of the car, the intake, I'm going to use our fab'd intake manifold and on the large back side of it I'm going to do something cool in old hot rod writing. The inlet to the intake and turbo I'm hoping to work out so they are even up/down and in/out when looking at it from the front of the car.

The intercooler I am going to lay flat over the engine inside the hood. I may add a hood scroop of some sort to the car depending on AIT's, but I'm guessing it won't be a problem. As the build goes I may change my mind on that and put the FMIC in the actual grille shell and move the radiator back. Have to see how it all looks as I go.

I was going to use a Tremec 5 speed in the car but the room in the footwell of the car is so small it makes having all three pedals there a hug PITA, so auto trans it is.

The car when completed should only weigh in around 2300 pounds, so it should flat out fly.

The engine, going back to that will have all Manley parts in it, Forged pistons, their billet steel rods. I'm also going to be using ID2000cc injectors from T1Race Developments. The transmission is being built by Janis Transmission here in Ohio. The steering column in it is a stainless unit from Flaming River along with the Mustang II rack, also here in Ohio.

Below are some pics of the car as it sits now, under construction.
Attached Thumbnails David Buschur's newest project, old school with modern power.-38296_1552134925551_1300470943_1496746_5669008_n.jpg   David Buschur's newest project, old school with modern power.-38296_1552134885550_1300470943_1496745_4667142_n.jpg   David Buschur's newest project, old school with modern power.-37760_1552135245559_1300470943_1496748_1259998_n.jpg  

Last edited by David Buschur; Jul 22, 2010 at 11:35 AM.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 10:19 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Me and Babi were just talking about doing something like this as well. I still have a 66 malibu sitting in the back yard we may throw in a 4g or a 2jz with a spare turbo400 and 12 bolt rear. I get all my swap meet parts at the good guys show here too David

thumbs up
Old Jul 22, 2010, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
From BAD BISH to RAD BISH. Love those cars. Leave the body alone or just spray it rattle can black
Old Jul 22, 2010, 10:27 AM

damn thats sweet
Old Jul 22, 2010, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

I considered a '66 Mustang, that may be next. I'm kind of figuring once this is done and I'm bored with it I'll pull the engine, put a small block in it and sell it off. Then I may do a Mustang, be cool to do one with a retro Tran Am look from the '60's.

The '32 has a Ford 9" in it now with 31 spline axles. I have to order the 3rd member for it, I'll probably go with a 3.55 gear, with that tall tire it should make the cruise RPM decent and still run well.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 10:35 AM

always wanted to do an opel gt with a 4g, check em out, they are like mini corvettes
Old Jul 22, 2010, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sick, '32 , no fenders, 4G Power...lot of awesomeness there.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 10:43 AM
Evolving Member

heck ya another buschur project, def subscribing 2 this.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looks like a cool project. is there somewhere to check out your past projects? the jeep, etc
Old Jul 22, 2010, 11:04 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
So I got a bug up my back side to start a new project. The thrill for me in all this is building and designing the parts, generally once a car is completed I get bored with it and sell it off. I sold off all my old cars in the last few years and I'm down to the RS and my Shelby Mustang.

I wanted to build a cool street rod and I decided on a '32 Ford three window coupe.

A few weeks ago I found what I was looking for at the Goodguys show in Columbus and bought it. Since then I've got the steering column mostly in, brake pedal done, test fitted the DSM seats I am using.

I'm now waiting on the remainder of the steering shaft components, transmission and to put the engine together.

Plans for the car.

I'm building one of our 2.3 liter engines, 10:1 compression, Stage 3 head, BF272 cams.

I'll be building some crazy twin scroll stock style header for an FP Red to be used, that combined with the 2.3 should work well for the TH400 autotrans that is going in the car. The turbo will face the front of the car and I'd like to have the filter/turbo inlet end up just out a little wider than the grille shell.

On the other side of the car, the intake, I'm going to use our fab'd intake manifold and on the large back side of it I'm going to do something cool in old hot rod writing. The inlet to the intake and turbo I'm hoping to work out so they are even up/down and in/out when looking at it from the front of the car.

The intercooler I am going to lay flat over the engine inside the hood. I may add a hood scroop of some sort to the car depending on AIT's, but I'm guessing it won't be a problem. As the build goes I may change my mind on that and put the FMIC in the actual grille shell and move the radiator back. Have to see how it all looks as I go.

I was going to use a Tremec 5 speed in the car but the room in the footwell of the car is so small it makes having all three pedals there a hug PITA, so auto trans it is.

The car when completed should only weigh in around 2300 pounds, so it should flat out fly.

Below are some pics of the car as it sits now, under construction.
i assume u got a bunch of evo engine laying around right? That is why u trying to throw it in one of this oldies. Common dave, let's stick with the real lancer evo scene buddy. What's gonna be next, an old minivan with 2.3 stroker?
Old Jul 22, 2010, 11:06 AM
Evolving Member

And please dave, dont even think about putting an dvd player, tv or stereo system in this thing man,
Old Jul 22, 2010, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Such a badass project t can't wait to see it up and running...good luck and keep us updated...
Old Jul 22, 2010, 11:45 AM
Evolving Member

Love custom stuff like this.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

It proably won't have a DVD player but has to have a radio!

Most of our past projects can be found on www.buschurracing.com

Many of them are not though. My brother has a 1940 Ford pick up with a 4g63 in it and a Tremec 5 speed. He is also in the process right now of building a complete EVO chassis'd 1941 *****'s, I mean complete as in he cut the entire top off an EVO and then put the *****'s glass body on top of it.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks Tony! Thanks for all your help and support too!

Quick Reply: David Buschur's newest project, old school with modern power.