Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

What other cars feel like an evo?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2010, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
porsche boxster or cayman..
Old Aug 27, 2010, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

since you like driving a s2000, why don't you do the hottest swap in the world!

buy a clean body s2k, send it down to a company in florida who specializes in the swap and drop in a 2jz supra motor.

that will fix the power need for the s2k, you have something unique and its a drivers car.

What about something like this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-...item3a5e2241e4

With as hot as these cars are and how fast they can be. I can't believe that more people are not into this car.

After i build my crx, the NSX will probably be my next car. Classy, quick, handles very very well...

And if you build it, it takes down the fastest evo's on the track! and that is a fact
Old Aug 27, 2010, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2003lancerevo8

buy a clean body s2k, send it down to a company in florida who specializes in the swap and drop in a 2jz supra motor.

that will fix the power need for the s2k, you have something unique and its a drivers car.

With as hot as these cars are and how fast they can be. I can't believe that more people are not into this car.

After i build my crx, the NSX will probably be my next car. Classy, quick, handles very very well...

And if you build it, it takes down the fastest evo's on the track! and that is a fact
lol i priced a 3rd gen 2jz swap 23k without the shell....f that...
Old Aug 27, 2010, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

no offense but you don't think people who spend $40-70k upgrading an evo is any different?!

Its all about what you want man.

that being said though, still a s2k with a supra motor... the torque in that setup would just be sick.. something the s2k motor will never ever give you.

My real post for the thread was really more for the NSX.... Mid Engine / RWD nuff said
Old Aug 27, 2010, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

no offense but you don't think people who spend $40-70k upgrading an evo is any different?!

Its all about what you want man.

that being said though, still a s2k with a supra motor... the torque in that setup would just be sick.. something the s2k motor will never ever give you.

My real post for the thread was really more for the NSX.... Mid Engine / RWD nuff said
who spends 40-70k in mods on and evo??..lol...not me..and my cars was the ****..a swapped 2jz or fdrx7 is no where in the same class as an evo....they will go on a drag strip...and thats it..

oh and that was with a 5 speed if you want the 2jz with the 6 speed jack that up another 3gs....go automatic and its cheaper..

i know more about this swap then i need to at this point...ls1s etc i ahve spoke to a ton of people...the ls swap in an fd is a sick road race car but the rears suck so you need a ford terminator...yadda yadda i could go on an on..
Old Aug 27, 2010, 03:10 PM
Evolved Member

im not argueing with you, I just think it would be a unique swap.....

You still have not commented on my thought of the NSX. Please do not try to tell me that the NSX will not beat or hold a candle to an evo on the race track. The AMS TA car got beat by over 1.5 seconds.... I think its a car that should be strongly considered unless the OP has something against Acura/Honda.

It fits the classiness he could be looking for
Its unique, you don't see them every day
Very Track Worthy
Can make good power via turbo or whipple S/C
Again, Mid Engine - RWD

I have not researched the s2k swap that heavily, I knew about it, read about it and the people that have it, love it and thats bout it, you will certainly not hear me talking technical about it. LOL

OP -
have you considered or even thought about the NSX?
Old Aug 27, 2010, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Oh and its pretty easy to spend $40k building an evo brother.

im not a builder nor a mechanic nor do i have the time to be. To fully build an evo from stroker motor to turbo kit to coil overs, etc etc etc.... and having a shop build it for you, it goes by pretty fast. There are many many evo's on this site that have between $40-$50k invested into them.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 07:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If by company down in FL you mean that guy Brain something or other in Orlando area then I would prob research a little more. He was facing jail time a few years back for fraud or something to that effect.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd go with an M3. They have a very responsive feel to them. I was blown away by the couple that I've driven. I really, REALLY like those cars. If I didn't live in Ohio where the weather sucked as bad as it does, I'd be in an M3 for a DD in a hearbeat. But I need AWD, and I need response, so the EVO is it. But the E90 M3's are just plain sick.

A few comments on the Supra....I owned a 6 speed 95 TT for a while. I wouldn't necessarily call it a boat. You feel it's weight compared to the EVO (even though it's only 200lbs heavier), but that is because it's under spung. The steering is slightly numb too, but you'd get used to it. A hard top with good suspension is a dream to drive. Even stock they are nice, they pull .98 g's with stock suspension. That is impressive even my today's standards. The suspension is firm enough to have fun on the street, but supple enough to go on 5 hour trips. Remember it's a GT, not a race bred rally car. Then you have the whole power thing. I'm sure you already know what the 2JZ is capable of. The torque is eons ahead of the Evo. Stock twins make 450lbft at 3500rpm at BPU levels. It's FUN. Also, as others have mentioned, even though the Supra is all F&F, it commands respect on the street. Car guys know what the car is capable of. People love to look at it and come over to talk about it. Girls will flash you when you are driving on the highway with your girlfriend. True story. As EMonz57 mentioned, you get exotic car attention when driving. It's truly and experience. I've not had one single person ever come up to to talk to me about my evo at a gas station. This happened nearly every time I got gas in the Supra. I was like a friggin celebrity in my small neighborhood. To me it's a lot less ricey than the evo, it's by far more elegant, in design and build. The refinement is also at a much higher level than anything Mitsu has ever made even to this day. Wrap all that up with awesome reliability and it really makes them a pretty special car. I'd love to own another some day.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 08:57 AM
Evolving Member

i just test drove a a 335 D bmw a couple days ago.. wow does that diesel have some torque

its only 265hp but has 425 tq at 1750 rpm's!!!!! and it gets 36 mpg hwy!!!

If your interest in a good daily driver car thats fast, handles well, and gets good mpg then that is the car for you.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 09:07 AM
Evolving Member

Rs4, NSX, 348ts
Old Sep 18, 2010, 01:47 AM
Evolving Member

Gtr
Old Sep 18, 2010, 10:27 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Who cares? I know of people that drive EVOs, STis, and etc etc to work on federal campus' and we have three of them here!
Old Sep 18, 2010, 10:30 PM
Evolved Member

NSX, Subaru wrx type RAR, S2000, GTR34,