Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

2011 Mustang vs. 2011 Evo X. Which should I buy?

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2011, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ODUB
this

besides, all that means is that you're not the only one who recognized a good car and made a good decision

I've never agreed with the whole, "hey let's buy something even if it's of lesser quality/performance/or whatever just because nobody else has one" crew. my brother made that mistake when he bought his POS 2005 Lancer Ralliart back in 2005. he didn't want a civic Si because everybody had them. he didn't want a mazda 3 because everybody had them. he wanted something nobody had. well, he found out why nobody else had one.

this isn't necessarily the case with the EVO, but if you never seen anyone else owning whatever it is you're planning to buy, there's probably a pretty good reason for it.
Haha, everyone bought the 1st gen Focus, but they were a notorious POS car. It's not always best to follow the masses.

It's just like buying a cookie cutter house, sure, they are probably quality, and a good value. But I don't want all my neighbors to have the exact same house as mine.

That may be just my way of thinking, and I'm cool with it!
Old May 19, 2011, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by metagalaxxy22
btw , i was going to but a 335i however i found that after doing research alot of ppl who have them say they regret buying them because of major transmission issues and fuel pump issues as well as other smog valves going bad left and right.
I did lots of research for many months before i bought the evo..my olnly complaint is the gas mileage, but coming from a lover of hondas its to be expected.

how is yours holding up?? i love the interior and exterior
You bought a IX MR...you made the right choice lol the gas mileage comprimise was exceptable for me in my IX MR because it's wasn't THAT bad on gas, and it gave so much awesomeness in return.

As for the problems with the 335i, the problems you mentioned are greatly exaggerated, just like the problems with the 6 speed transmission, and any stock clutch in any EVO. nobody makes threads about the millions of cars with no issues. you don't see threads titled, "Man I sure haven't been having any problems with my car at all since I bought it." if you get a bad car, or YOU break it, you're going to have problems. 90% (or more) of the issues people have with EVO's being unreliable are driver/tuner/mechanic error/stupidity. 335i's I suspect are probably about the same.

from what I've seen, the issues with the fuel system normally start before, or around 20,000 miles. if the car's made it that far with no issues, it probably won't have issues. that seemed to hold true when I searched for a used one. when I pulled car fax reports, I found 2 cars that had fuel pump issues. one started at 10k miles, the other at 18k miles. one was even a buyback. of alllll the others I searched though (it was hundreds), none had ever been in for anything other than routine maintenance. the one I bought was a one owner (some old folks), and had never been wrecked, or in the shop for anything but oil and brakes, and whatever else they change before 40,000 miles. I believe I got a good one.

I didn't believe in doing research on what people think about the problems with these cars, because you'll never get any true unbiased information that way. I just focued on researching the actual cars that I was planning to buy until I found one that matched what I wanted/needed. I didn't have that problem with my IX MR because I bought it brand new, and bought the X SE brand new as well. So far though, as I said, I believe I got a good one. and averaging 25mpg on a tank while still driving the same way that was getting me 14.8mpg in the EVO X is a pretty good feeling lol
Old May 19, 2011, 02:08 PM

awesome...you know i love the 335i man..so clean
im jaelous actually lol.
the evo ix i have is not an mr it has a 5sp.
but can i see a pic of your ride?
i should post mine too than huh
Old May 19, 2011, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

there are pics of my EVO IX MR, EVO X SE, and 335i in my thread in this section on page 13.

Last edited by ODUB; May 19, 2011 at 02:20 PM.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 10:25 AM

its nice how does it run so far compared to your ix?
Old Jun 21, 2011, 12:58 PM
Evolving Member

Don't feel like reading the whole thread. Has anyone driven the Boss 302?
Old Jul 17, 2011, 01:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by metagalaxxy22
its nice how does it run so far compared to your ix?
no comparison to the IX...I'd take the IX all day long. the EVO is a driver's car. the 335 is a good car to get back and forth to work, and going out and stuff.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 09:12 PM

when are people going to realize that because something has more horsepower, doesnt mean its faster