Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

2011 Mustang vs. 2011 Evo X. Which should I buy?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2010, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Boostfiend
Being that most drivers don't put their cars on the track as much as magazine articles like to emphasize, I find both cars FTL.

B8 Audi S4 = FTW and FWIW I'd much rather have an M3 over an Evo X.
It seems like modifying cars to beat other cars end up costing just as much. First you get power, then you need suspension, then a clutch, then labor, then everything else in the world. I'd rather just have a warranty and piece of mind, though I swore I'd never buy another Mitsubishi after my Evo 9 and I love my evo 9. The Germans have daily driven pleasure down to a science.

Driving an Evo X is like driving a tin can, the interior is "ok" at best and it being better than the IX isn't saying much. When it comes down to it I'd chalk up road trips, daily driving, overall aesthetics, and crowd appeal to the S4 and M3 as opposed to the boy-racer X.
So to sum up what you said, a high 40's to 50's and beyond car is a better overall experience for important duties like "crowd appeal", etc then a low 30's and up car. Profound.

I would rather have a 200K S65 then my tin can Mitsubishi. It has way more room, luxury, power, and comfort and I'm sure the "crowd" would say it looks better. Its too bad I can't get anyone to trade me straight up for one.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 08:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A mustang?? HAHAHAHAHAHA
Old Dec 2, 2010, 05:48 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Xolition
A mustang?? HAHAHAHAHAHA
Did you see Dave's V8 or my V6? If you have not driven one of the new Mustangs, then you really don't get how far these cars have come.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 09:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SmikeEvo
Did you see Dave's V8 or my V6? If you have not driven one of the new Mustangs, then you really don't get how far these cars have come.
Definitely. Hands down, the new Mustangs are fantastic.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 09:58 AM

Smile

ok i have read through to this point. i must say after driving both EXTENSIVELY ill put in my .02

ive always hated mustangs with a passion, BUT the 2011 5.0 is a fantastic car, againg 2011!

the argument for the evo would be its practicality, if you need the room that requires 4 doors, and all wheel drive, obviously good for harsh weather conditions etc. its your logical choice... the car itself is no pocket rocket, its a big car, sitting next to each other it makes my old IX look like a honda fit lol

i see a lot of comments talking about the mustangs live axle, but if you do some research and check out the reviews they all say the same thing that ford has really dialed it in where its no longer an issue.
truth is though for the money the 5.0 is the logical choice, with a 6 speed instead of the evos 5, WAY better gas mileage at 27 from the evos highway 22's, handles the corners just as amazing as the X, with now brembo's and with 412 hp for a base of 28k its a steal,
from what ive seen the 4b11 reacts really well to mods, BUT one thing the evo community probably doesnt know is the 5 liter reacts as good if not better, if you get a cold air and a tune which is a simple calibration upload, you see a peak of 40hp alone for about $750.
on the negatives though, insurance is sure to go up dramatically with the gt, theres back seats that will seat 2 people with no legs comfortably, and its virtually useless in harsh weathered area's.

also, these comments that you see mustangs everywhere and evo's are exclusive are imo not true because, how many mustangs do you see daily? now how many of those are 5.0's? that may change but for now is no different than seeing lancers to evo's. sorry for the wall of a response lol

Last edited by THE JAVI; Dec 6, 2010 at 10:03 AM.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 02:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by THE JAVI
ok i have read through to this point. i must say after driving both EXTENSIVELY ill put in my .02

ive always hated mustangs with a passion, BUT the 2011 5.0 is a fantastic car, againg 2011!

the argument for the evo would be its practicality, if you need the room that requires 4 doors, and all wheel drive, obviously good for harsh weather conditions etc. its your logical choice... the car itself is no pocket rocket, its a big car, sitting next to each other it makes my old IX look like a honda fit lol

i see a lot of comments talking about the mustangs live axle, but if you do some research and check out the reviews they all say the same thing that ford has really dialed it in where its no longer an issue.
truth is though for the money the 5.0 is the logical choice, with a 6 speed instead of the evos 5, WAY better gas mileage at 27 from the evos highway 22's, handles the corners just as amazing as the X, with now brembo's and with 412 hp for a base of 28k its a steal,
from what ive seen the 4b11 reacts really well to mods, BUT one thing the evo community probably doesnt know is the 5 liter reacts as good if not better, if you get a cold air and a tune which is a simple calibration upload, you see a peak of 40hp alone for about $750.
on the negatives though, insurance is sure to go up dramatically with the gt, theres back seats that will seat 2 people with no legs comfortably, and its virtually useless in harsh weathered area's.

also, these comments that you see mustangs everywhere and evo's are exclusive are imo not true because, how many mustangs do you see daily? now how many of those are 5.0's? that may change but for now is no different than seeing lancers to evo's. sorry for the wall of a response lol
Well, I made my purchase. I didn't get the EVo, nor the 2011 GT. I think I did better

It sure is a blast to drive. The car seat may be a pain in the neck in a few months, but we have an Expedtion for family duties. It handles pretty well and is pretty fast for a stock car. I installed my first mod already, and I imagine a pulley/tune will find its way on there pretty quickly
Old Jan 7, 2011, 02:27 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Awesome.

Well played. Well played indeed.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 02:39 PM
Evolving Member

lol
Thanks
Although with this one, I should pick up about 70-80whp with 700 bucks
Old Jan 9, 2011, 11:17 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sooo hot.

Gotta darken the cobra in the grille a little bit, coat of VHT or something.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

Ya, you would think that it is obvious enough what it is that people wouldn't try to play with me in "lesser" cars, but I guess there is just no stopping some people
It sure is a lot of fun though

Last edited by slowTsi; Jan 10, 2011 at 08:25 AM.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 06:28 PM

What year is that GT500? Beautiful color, too.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 06:52 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks. It is a 2010. The color is Grabber Blue
Old Jan 11, 2011, 07:20 PM
Evolving Member

Wow, gratz!
Good thing you didn't get neither!
Old Jan 11, 2011, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
GREAT, what is an OTD price on that car?
Old Jan 11, 2011, 08:19 PM
Evolving Member

I got this one pre-owned with 4k miles on it and paid 43k (plus tt&l). You can usually find 2010s with less than 5k miles from 40-45. New 2011s are around 49k with no options, and most you see on showroom floors have the Performance Pack and Electronics package which puts them at 55k. I figured a lightly used one was the way to go

Quick Reply: 2011 Mustang vs. 2011 Evo X. Which should I buy?