Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Anyone driven a 2011 STi ?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2010, 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I read somewhere that the new STI's broke into the 7 minute range at the Nurburgring at 7:55. It can't be THAT slow!

Subaru seems to always claim the handling is improved, yet each and every time, the Evo outperforms it. What were the official EVO X Nurburgring lap times? I think Evo IX went 8:11 according to Wiki.

Can't get too wrapped up in Nurburgring lap times, though. Different drivers, different days, different times.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 10:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CNano8
I think it still has that revised garbage motor that can barely handle more than stage 2 power..
Just curious...what constitutes "Stage 2"? I see people posting things like this and it seems pretty arbitrary since a lot of tuners have different definitions of "stages".

Back OT, seems like the 2011 is just a 2010 STi with a trunk and an M3 rear end. Not an evolution of the model by any means.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 10:42 PM
Evolving Member

no but that car is way to big. it looks like it comes with a widegarbage body kit. eww i hate it. i think the evo x is better lol even though i hate that one too.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 12:17 AM
Evolving Member

Umm I think its pretty common knowledge that a stage 2 is a TBE, filter and tune +/- a MBC. Stage 1 would be considered stock with a tune +/- filter.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MitsuJDM
I read somewhere that the new STI's broke into the 7 minute range at the Nurburgring at 7:55. It can't be THAT slow! Subaru seems to always claim the handling is improved, yet each and every time, the Evo outperforms it. What were the official EVO X Nurburgring lap times? I think Evo IX went 8:11 according to Wiki.

Can't get too wrapped up in Nurburgring lap times, though. Different drivers, different days, different times.
It was not a STOCK STI . . . .
http://www.caranddriver.com/features...record-feature
Old Oct 8, 2010, 09:40 AM
Evolving Member

just about every subaru owner who wants to make there cars faster buys a Cobb "accessport". When people say stage 2 there talking about the acessport stage 2 map. ( psi of turbo is raised to about 18)

Originally Posted by Boostd4
Just curious...what constitutes "Stage 2"? I see people posting things like this and it seems pretty arbitrary since a lot of tuners have different definitions of "stages".

Back OT, seems like the 2011 is just a 2010 STi with a trunk and an M3 rear end. Not an evolution of the model by any means.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 245 Likes on 220 Posts
Originally Posted by MitsuJDM
I read somewhere that the new STI's broke into the 7 minute range at the Nurburgring at 7:55. It can't be THAT slow!

Subaru seems to always claim the handling is improved, yet each and every time, the Evo outperforms it. What were the official EVO X Nurburgring lap times? I think Evo IX went 8:11 according to Wiki.

that's not exactly a slow time. we never did manage to find an official nurburgring laptime of the X. However, that 8:11 from the Evo IX was in the wet - the video is on youtube somewhere

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMimf1q7TxY

It starts right around 6 minutes. He says its his first time around the track in the IX (he's been around the ring before of course) and around 6:18 he says he can't push the car as hard as possible because of track conditions. You see him sliding around quite a bit at 6:45 and he says the track is wet