Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Any previous S2000 owners now driving an EVO?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2003, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any previous S2000 owners now driving an EVO?

I'm seriously considering purchasing an EVO, but wanted to get some imputs from other ex-S2000 owners. What you like/dislike about each car, and would you make the same choice again? Any regrets in making the switch?
Old Nov 27, 2003, 02:29 PM
Evolving Member

Chris in HB was an S2000 driver.
Old Nov 27, 2003, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

Re: Any previous S2000 owners now driving an EVO?

Originally posted by colatkitty
I'm seriously considering purchasing an EVO, but wanted to get some imputs from other ex-S2000 owners. What you like/dislike about each car, and would you make the same choice again? Any regrets in making the switch?
I miss my S2000 on sunny days, but otherwise I'm completely happy with the Evo. Ideally, I would have kept both, but oh well. The Evo is MUCH easier to upgrade and is very stable in all weather. I remember my S2000 was like driving a speedboat in the rain. The Evo works much better, plus it's a lot more practical. Originally I was concerned about Honda vs. Mitsu quality and reliability, but it's pretty even so far. The Honda had better materials, but the Evo is more fun. No mechanical or electrical issues with either car. If I had to do it over, I'd still do it, but I would have bought a white Evo. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails Any previous S2000 owners now driving an EVO?-s2000_opendoors.jpg  
Old Nov 27, 2003, 08:42 PM

I had a 2000 year S2000 about 2 cars back. As far as comparing the 2 cars they are two different animals. IE... one is a open air roadster and the other a four door sedan, obviously. Despite thier obvious differences there are some characteristics that are giute similar. First to mind is the guick steering that they both have, Second, the ride quality is about the same. Thirdly, at the time the S2000 had the stiffest chasis out of any convertible and most coupes on the market. The Evo I am just speculating has to have one of the stiffest chassis out of any car on the market at this time also.
If it werent for the arrival of my two kids and the obvious lack of room for them I would probably still own the Honda. Defenitly a great car. The most memorable thing about the car that I wish the Evo had would be the bolt action rifle precise shifting action that the Honda had. I have driven many a car and have not felt something so precise as the Honda had. And as razor sharp as many aspects of the car were the handling was another double edged sword. The S2000 handled awesome until the car got the the edge of adhesion. You really had to be on top of things if you wanted to drive the car at 10/10ths. In contrast, the EVO is extremely cominicative just like the S2000 was however at the limit the car doesn't require Micheal Schumacer type reflexes to catch it.
I would recommend both cars and like the narrow focus of both cars. I think that the Evo is one of the first cars that I have bought and have not gone into "what can I improve mode". The car basically stock is very satisfiying to me. Oh sure there are I few things that can be tweeked here in there in personalising the way a like to set up a car. But overall this car keeps my attention. This is a car that I know I will enjoy driving for many years to come. Whether it be driving my kids to my inlaws house are winning my local SCCA TLAC 5 autocross in A-stock. Which by the way turned the second to fastest street car time of the day 6tenths behind a 68,000 dollar extremely modified Z06. I just cant say enough about the level of perfomance per dollar this car delivers.

Last edited by Rovman; Nov 27, 2003 at 08:45 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2003, 12:34 AM
Evolved Member

I was an S2K owner as well. I really missed that car when I sold it, but the performance and the mods potential of the EVO made up for the rest.