Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Buschur Racing's new 5 liter Mustang

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2010, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I don't know how it stacks up against a new Z06, vie never been a 'Vetted fan so I don't pay attention.

I will say the car is getting faster by the day. It torches the tires off in 2nd gear now, the tune and this exhaust are working well together. I wish I had more time, I'd like to get headers on it before I run it again. Tomorrow I'm going to get some good tires on it and if all goes well I plan to run it Sunday, I'll be disappointed if it doesn't run 11's at 115+.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 06:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking forward to the results!

Out of curiosity, what tuning software is available for this vehicle?
Old Nov 18, 2010, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

I'm using SCT software.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
good luck at the track
Old Nov 19, 2010, 06:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I've never been so intrested in a mustang build thread in my entire life. Pretty much foaming at the mouth every day for updates/pics! Saving 70lbs on the exh. too is amazing, starting to think it came with a high performance lead exhaust.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 06:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DawnoffateX
How do these new mustangs stack up against a c6 z06?
Stock vs. stock.....not even close. The best 1/4 mile run of a stock Z06 on stock tires is 10.9X seconds. The handling on the Z06 is better also. But it's not a fair comparison. I've owned the Z06 and now own a 2011 GT500. I have to say that it was a good trade for me since I get to drive the GT500 every day and was only able to drive the Vette when I was by myself or had a baby sitter for the kids.
Put the money you didn't spend on the Z06 into a GT and it could be a different story. But say bye bye to your warranty.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jmsrx
Stock vs. stock.....not even close. The best 1/4 mile run of a stock Z06 on stock tires is 10.9X seconds. The handling on the Z06 is better also. But it's not a fair comparison. I've owned the Z06 and now own a 2011 GT500. I have to say that it was a good trade for me since I get to drive the GT500 every day and was only able to drive the Vette when I was by myself or had a baby sitter for the kids.
Put the money you didn't spend on the Z06 into a GT and it could be a different story. But say bye bye to your warranty.
I love the GT500!! Always been a Ford and import guy never liked Chevy EVER still don't and hate the GM purist crap on corvetteforum.com, but I do love my Z06 still after 20 months of ownership. I've never liked a car for this long.

Do want a GTR, but still way too expensive to purchase and mod. I hear ya on not driving the Z06 I have kids too and the only time I get to drive it is by myself, with wife, or with 1 kid.

Maybe that's why it's in perfect condition and I've barely averaged 400 miles a month since I bought it.

Love Ford and following the build!!
Old Nov 21, 2010, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

I don't believe a bone stock Z06 can or has run 10.90's.........ZR1, possibly.

The GT500 with a few bolt ons should destroy a Z06 but this thread isn't about the GT500 so it's moot.

The car now has only our header back single 3" exhaust on it and a tune, we made 383 whp Friday.

Now for the bad news. The shifter started feeling bad Thursday night and continued tonged worse the further I drove. Friday morning I barely got the car in gear to back away from the house. The last dyno pull Friday I had to shut the engine off, out the car in gear and then start it, at that time the car would lurch forward. It seems the most logical problem is there are people who have had the pressure plate bolts back out. The car isn't drivable now. 765 miles.

I have an Exedy clutch and Driveshaft Shop driveshaft coming for it this week. When we do the clutch we are going to install the headers and driveshaft too.

The car is down about 175 pounds from when I bought it already. It sucks I am on pause for a bit already......

Time for more Bad Bish testing!
Old Nov 21, 2010, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur

The GT500 with a few bolt ons should destroy a Z06 but this thread isn't about the GT500 so it's moot.

The car now has only our header back single 3" exhaust on it and a tune, we made 383 whp Friday.

Now for the bad news. The shifter started feeling bad Thursday night and continued tonged worse the further I drove. Friday morning I barely got the car in gear to back away from the house. The last dyno pull Friday I had to shut the engine off, out the car in gear and then start it, at that time the car would lurch forward. It seems the most logical problem is there are people who have had the pressure plate bolts back out. The car isn't drivable now. 765 miles.

I have an Exedy clutch and Driveshaft Shop driveshaft coming for it this week. When we do the clutch we are going to install the headers and driveshaft too.

The car is down about 175 pounds from when I bought it already. It sucks I am on pause for a bit already......

....great, now i have to keep my IX for another few years before getting a GTR... thanks ford.... damn it lol
Old Nov 22, 2010, 04:59 AM
Evolving Member

Moot point for this thread yes......but facts are facts. The record for a bone stock Z06 on stock tires is 10.98 to be exact. Here is a link.

http://www.corvetteblog.com/archives...d-14-mile.html

Sorry to hijack, just trying to answer someone else's question. Once again, good luck on the build. Very interested in seeing how it turns out.

Last edited by jmsrx; Nov 22, 2010 at 03:36 PM.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

i am pretty sure someone on drag radials with a stock c6 z06 did run a high ten second pass.

great looking car dave, good luck with all the in's and out's at hitting your numbers. Becareful, you didn't swear by awd for no reason though!
Old Nov 23, 2010, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

So what level Evo is it gonna take, to be competitive on a track, with the new Boss Mustang 302(R)?
Old Nov 23, 2010, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

re Boss,
did you see it last night on SPEED?

I wish they would edit their shows down, I watched as much as i could and with any editing at all it was a ten minute show.

certainly talked like it was the second coming.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nothere
re Boss,
did you see it last night on SPEED?

I wish they would edit their shows down, I watched as much as i could and with any editing at all it was a ten minute show.

certainly talked like it was the second coming.
Yes, thought it was damn cool. Plus, watching Parnelli Jones tear it up on the track. That car is the business.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 11:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mr Buschur,

Not to argue with you or anything but one C 6Z06 ran 10.9 bone stock over two years ago with traps of 128MPH. I just read on this topic in one of the previous pages that you don't consider yourself a corvette enthusiast and that might explain that you haven't been in the corvette forums much (My guess).

Google the name Ranger and look at his accomplishments, he ran 10.9. Also google Jamie furlham and you will see that he also ran 10 sec pass stock on his C6 Z06.

Take care

Here are the links by the way:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...-1-4-mile.html

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/f114/...-flats-108217/

and 10.7 @129.5 on DR but still stock everything else:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zv5RDzwS4g

Carlos

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; Nov 24, 2010 at 11:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing's new 5 liter Mustang