Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Buschur Racing's new 5 liter Mustang

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2010, 05:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good luck with your build David. I've had two Mustangs that were modded extensively, including a 570whp beast of a Cobra that was my daily driver, so I've got some personal ties to this thread.

I'm very optimistic that you can have a very fast car and still keep it pretty streetable, but I think the goal of shooting for 8's in a complete street car might be a bit tougher with a RWD car. I do know a local guy with a notchback foxbody that does it though. His setup is a 427 OHV motor with an F2 procharger, so he's gotta be making over 800whp. He would drive to the track on his 17" drag radials, run 8.90's, then drive home. It was amazing how slow his car would launch, then just roll the f-ck out. He also had a 10pt cage though, which I highly recommend for RWD, unlike your badbish car (not sure how you got away with that).

So anyway, I can't wait to see what you do on this build because I know its going to take an insane amount of hp to get there

(FYI: mustang guys are starting to go with Japanese wheels because of the light weight. Another local guy runs RPF1's for his drag wheels and he's going 9's with around 960whp. I've also seen NT03's)
Old Dec 8, 2010, 05:22 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by dcorn
(FYI: mustang guys are starting to go with Japanese wheels because of the light weight. Another local guy runs RPF1's for his drag wheels and he's going 9's with around 960whp. I've also seen NT03's)
Yes. Looking at doing the same. Enkei Racing wheels fit nicely.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
The wheel market for the domestics sucks. You can buy some ugly race only lightweight wheels with skinnies in the front but there is just no real options for a lightweight wheel to run a 17"/18" wheel on the car. Japanese wheels are what I'm looking at too. Considering some TE37's painted the same color as the car.

I removed the spring in the video posted at the racetrack when the clutch pedal was sticking on me. Removing that spring makes the clutch feel better and made the car quicker, even when the pedal wasn't sticking to the floor completely it was hanging up slightly and killing ET/MPH.

My upper clutch switch broke off my clutch assembly........not sure how but my cruise control quite working. I ordered a new assembly in to install when we do the clutch.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
I think that TE37 and paint combo would look great.

I have not taken off the spring. Does it just pull off? From looking at mine to the older version. The assist spring looks longer on the new version. Not a huge fan of the assist. Have tempted to do the mod also.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

I do know a local guy with a notchback foxbody that does it though. His setup is a 427 OHV motor with an F2 procharger, so he's gotta be making over 800whp. He would drive to the track on his 17" drag radials, run 8.90's, then drive home. It was amazing how slow his car would launch, then just roll the f-ck out.
Is this car painted a gray color?? If so, I've seen the writeup's on it and it is an awesome looking and running car!!
Old Dec 8, 2010, 09:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SloRice
Is this car painted a gray color?? If so, I've seen the writeup's on it and it is an awesome looking and running car!!
Nope, just black. He's completely changed his setup in the last year or two. The blower is crank driven and I think he's having problems keeping the engine together because he's making so much power.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 06:37 AM
Evolved Member

...He also had a 10pt cage though, which I highly recommend for RWD, unlike your badbish car (not sure how you got away with that)....
Not to take this off topic, but how did you get away with that??

And yeah, google mustang rpf1 and you'll find a handful.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

ccw's would be awesome on it
http://flushstance.ccwheel.com/?tag=ford
Old Dec 10, 2010, 02:13 PM
Evolving Member

Check out True Forged. Mustang guys love them.

www.trueforgedwheels.com

I think the Speed Seven would be the hot ticket:

Old Dec 15, 2010, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
The wheel market for the domestics sucks. You can buy some ugly race only lightweight wheels with skinnies in the front but there is just no real options for a lightweight wheel to run a 17"/18" wheel on the car. Japanese wheels are what I'm looking at too. Considering some TE37's painted the same color as the car.
Most of the guys who are spending Volk money on domestic wheels just get custom stuff made. The CCW's are pretty popular down here and several cars I know either have 2 sets of fronts, one for the track and one for the street, or they get one nice set of wheels (bonspeeds, ccws etc.) - and then throw on some 15x10 wheels with 28x12.5's in back when they get to the track.

RPF1's would look nice, but they look so similar to a 30th anniversary Cobra wheel, I doubt too many people would notice the difference. TE37s on a Mustang would probably look really nice though, though I only found one 'sort of' picture.. It's an HPI RC car though

Old Dec 16, 2010, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Yeah, I think TE37's are what I am going to do and paint them.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

http://jalopnik.com/5714144/2012-for...iced-under-30k
Old Dec 21, 2010, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by dboz
I am really looking forward to this. Being older, my X was my first adventure away from V8 power. I like it, but my heart still belongs to muscle cars (still have 2).
I'm also a fan of Mustangs and V8 power too. Kudos for the new ride. I'm also anxious to see what an established tuner can do with the platform. This may very well be the best Mustang to date!

Originally Posted by kpr
Just a note...bet the mustang forums aren't as open to praising an Evo no matter how good it is.
You'd be surprised - the gents on my Mustang forum knew exactly what my IX was and they respected it. Turns out a guy that restores $250K Boss Nines had an Evo VIII and loved it.

and
Old Dec 21, 2010, 01:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What about some welds David
http://site.titanmotorsports.com/ima...ustang-003.JPG
Old Dec 27, 2010, 11:19 AM
Evolving Member

updates??

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing's new 5 liter Mustang