Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

SmikeEvo's 2011 Mustang v6 Performance Package - HD Pics

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2010, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
looks good! congrats!!
Old Nov 10, 2010, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
See link in there X v. IX numbers.

Here are both MT data sheets:

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...test_data.html

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...t_numbers.html

Last edited by Smike; Nov 10, 2010 at 08:50 AM.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by vmrevo9
looks good! congrats!!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Noize
That's convienently the worst X skidpad number I've ever seen in my entire life. Strangely, its also the highest trap speed I've seen as well.

Put your mag racer up, buddy. Come visiting in the Focus, it'll be lots more fun for me!
Haha, I updated with MT data.

You know, I don't have the current data for the SVTF. I'd really like to know how she'd do in similar tests. I bet the 200 ft skid pad and braking would be surprising.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Because with a $200 tactrix cable, you can turn a 291HP Evo into 375HP Evo.
My car went from 260 whp stock to "only" 290 whp with an AMS custom tune, catless turboback, drop-in filter, and boost controller. A lot more mods for a lot less gain than you claim is achievable with just a flash. And I daresay AMS aren't the worst Evo tuners around.

I'm the first to stand up for how mod friendly our cars are but statements like this are pretty laughable. I've yet to see an VIII or IX gain damn near 100 horsepower from just software. I can't speak for the X.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 10:07 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by Blitz
My car went from 260 whp stock to "only" 290 whp with an AMS custom tune, catless turboback, drop-in filter, and boost controller. A lot more mods for a lot less gain than you claim is achievable with just a flash. And I daresay AMS aren't the worst Evo tuners around.

I'm the first to stand up for how mod friendly our cars are but statements like this are pretty laughable. I've yet to see an VIII or IX gain damn near 100 horsepower from just software. I can't speak for the X.
To me this has nothing to do with AMS, because every car and situation is different. But to believe a car with a full TBE and tune would make only 30whp is not grounded in reality. Perhaps you had a factory freak to baseline 260whp?

Since we were talking about the Evo X (hence the 291HP), I'll use my own tuned car as an example. Stock, it made 218whp on a Dyno Dynamics, which of course reads much lower than a dynojet. Tuned, it jumped to 286whp. With a full turboback and retuned, it made 309whp. That's gains over stock of 68whp and 91whp. We can argue over drivetrain loss, but its still almost 70 at the wheels with nothing other than ECU controlled fueling, timing, boost, and Mivec adjustments.

The baseline numbers on all 2008 Xs I've seen on that dyno ranged in the 215-220 area, so its not like my car read low stock.

You see my statement as laughable, I see yours as inexperienced. I've seen way too many tuned Mivec equipped Evos (including IXs) and know they gain a lot more than 30whp through tuning, esp with full catless exhaust!
Old Nov 10, 2010, 10:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SmikeEvo
/facepalm

For what its worth, a Prius loaded up to be equal to what my Mustang is -- costs more!
Although I was really just poking fun, a Prius is an often overlooked good choice for most as a DD. I rent them several times a month since I frequently drive across and all around TX. It's true that the IV is more expensive on the front end, but the resale value and fuel saving should definitely offset that higher sticker price.

Obviously a Prius isnt nearly as fun as a low 13 sec mustang that pulls almost a G on the skidpad. However, in the last two years they have improved the throttle response and in traffic it's more akin to driving a 4cyl camry...not scarey to pull onto the freeway anymore. We all choose whatever we drive for whatever reasons and if the stang is what suits your overall wants and needs then I say you made a good purchase.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by atxMR
Although I was really just poking fun, a Prius is an often overlooked good choice for most as a DD. I rent them several times a month since I frequently drive across and all around TX. It's true that the IV is more expensive on the front end, but the resale value and fuel saving should definitely offset that higher sticker price.

Obviously a Prius isnt nearly as fun as a low 13 sec mustang that pulls almost a G on the skidpad. However, in the last two years they have improved the throttle response and in traffic it's more akin to driving a 4cyl camry...not scarey to pull onto the freeway anymore. We all choose whatever we drive for whatever reasons and if the stang is what suits your overall wants and needs then I say you made a good purchase.
I get your humor.

I remember the first gen Prius - what was it 17s to 60 or near that. Way scary to get on the freeway in MI.

Old Nov 10, 2010, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Looks fantastic! I like the packages you picked out too... How much out the door?
Old Nov 10, 2010, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by warp9
Looks fantastic! I like the packages you picked out too... How much out the door?
If you build one online its $27840. I am not a liberty to post my costs on it.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

I'm confused here.

Why are people running their mouth like there's something better for the price??? Evo's are nearly 50% more money, Priuses are 50%+ less fun.

Obviously a 5.0 would be this or that, but it's more money, and gets worse gas millage. And considering the V6 is as fast as last year's V8 AND you're not going to be the fastest thing out there anyway, why **** the money away when you're ripping an all out racecar on the weekend??? Sheesshh.

Though i would have bought a used X instead lol.

Oh, and anyone who's putting down 375whp with a tune has a BROKEN dyno or needs glasses.

Last edited by Carloverx; Nov 10, 2010 at 11:46 AM.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 11:57 AM
EvoM Administrator

Originally Posted by Carloverx
Oh, and anyone who's putting down 375whp with a tune has a BROKEN dyno or needs glasses.

Thanks for the New Jersey love. Read next time before spouting off. Nobody ever said 375whp.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the New Jersey love. Read next time before spouting off. Nobody ever said 375whp.

You're absolutely right i didn't read closely enough. Though i still don't think a tune alone would yield 375hp on an accurately reading dyno
Old Nov 10, 2010, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

I'm confused here.

Why are people running their mouth like there's something better for the price??? Evo's are nearly 50% more money, Priuses are 50%+ less fun.

Obviously a 5.0 would be this or that, but it's more money, and gets worse gas millage. And considering the V6 is as fast as last year's V8 AND you're not going to be the fastest thing out there anyway, why **** the money away when you're ripping an all out racecar on the weekend??? Sheesshh.

Though i would have bought a used X instead lol.
Finally, another sees my point. Car, pound for pound is just as fun as a stock X.

Have a weekend race car. So this is just for grins on the street.

I am a car guy. Cant lock me down to one type forever. British, American Muscle, Import -- I like mixing it up.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 12:23 PM
EvoM Administrator

Originally Posted by SmikeEvo
Finally, another sees my point. Car, pound for pound is just as fun as a stock X.

Have a weekend race car. So this is just for grins on the street.

I am a car guy. Cant lock me down to one type forever. British, American Muscle, Import -- I like mixing it up.
That's it, we are doing a trade & drive and reporting back.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 12:32 PM
EvoM Administrator

You're absolutely right i didn't read closely enough. Though i still don't think a tune alone would yield 375hp on an accurately reading dyno
~65whp gain through tuning. Let's be real conservative and call that + crank HP. So I retract 375, and call it 356 HP at the crank absolute minimum on an Evo X.

Sorry for the Evo banter in the other cars section, since its my fault. Back on topic now.

Quick Reply: SmikeEvo's 2011 Mustang v6 Performance Package - HD Pics